test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Catastrophic Overload Bug

Just finished a PvP with my fleetmate. Five times in this fight I died due to my own weapon killing me. Catastrophic Overload critted on me five times the least was 33k and the highest was 78k. How is that possible that my own weapon is killing me? It didn't seem to affect my opponent at all but was crushing my hull of 54k. Can someone give me a plausible explanation? Is this a glitch?

Comments

• Options
    raijinmeister#1931 raijinmeister Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Just finished a PvP with my fleetmate. Five times in this fight I died due to my own weapon killing me. Catastrophic Overload critted on me five times the least was 33k and the highest was 78k. How is that possible that my own weapon is killing me? It didn't seem to affect my opponent at all but was crushing my hull of 54k. Can someone give me a plausible explanation? Is this a glitch?

Hmm, is happening on pvp too? I'm seem something similar on PvE, with me getting hit by my own torpedo spread and tetryon cascade skill. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1258655/the-mokai-npcs-are-bugged-or-what
    SwwgbZ1.jpg
  • Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    I have been forced to remove Catastrophic Overload from my traits until I get a satisfactory answer. New bugs are being called exploits. For instance like the Mycelium Rift being activated before Infected begins. They recently nerfed the Temporal Tsunami from doing the same thing. As we the players wait can we at least get an acknowledgement that the Devs are working on the problems of getting hit with our own abilities?
  • Options
    Well it's been over 72hrs without any acknowledgement of this problem. I understand that Cryptic's staff is too busy trying to get ready for Q's wonderland but what about this forums moderator? It would be nice to hear that this problem has been brought to the attention of the person in charge of fixing it.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,018 Arc User
    Well it's been over 72hrs without any acknowledgement of this problem. I understand that Cryptic's staff is too busy trying to get ready for Q's wonderland but what about this forums moderator? It would be nice to hear that this problem has been brought to the attention of the person in charge of fixing it.

If you have been waiting for a devs response you are in for a really REALLY long wait as the devs do not respond to posts on the forum
  • Options
    If you actually took the time to read you would see that I asked if the Devs had been notified. Last time I checked that was the point of the forums was for a community moderator to pass along bugs to the Devs. I understand there will be a process that will take time to fix the problem. I also understand that the moderator is a volunteer. All I asked for was a confirmation that the bug report had been passed along to the proper department.

I'm not being unreasonable or violating the terms of service by simply asking someone to do their job. So I await a post from a moderator saying the message has been forwarded.