Install Arc

PC and Console Patch Notes for 11/12/20

13»

Comments

• terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    arabatur wrote: »
    It's on days like these that I miss having Trendy here . . . .

@pwlaughingtrendy set the Community Manager bar exceptionally high. None have even come close to her level of awesomeness prior to or after her.

Trendy learnt from the best ..... branflakes. But this is not the thread to discuss such a topic. We need to keep on topic

Good riddance. I'll take Kael over that TRIBBLE any day.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Thanks for the updates and fixes, Cryptic! Please extend the event by a day due to this unforeseen extended maintenance as well as people having to respec their toons for the second time. May the Khitomer Discord mission fix actually work this time.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    arabatur wrote: »
    It's on days like these that I miss having Trendy here . . . .

@pwlaughingtrendy set the Community Manager bar exceptionally high. None have even come close to her level of awesomeness prior to or after her.

Trendy learnt from the best ..... branflakes. But this is not the thread to discuss such a topic. We need to keep on topic

Hmmm. I would definitely disagree with BranFlakes being anything close to the best CM but I also wouldn't say he was the worst. I am happy to agree to disagree though.

I haven't noticed my skills messed up. I never checked my traits.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Yep, skills are messed up again... You know, a warning would have been nice... 20 toons to respec yet again...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Yep, skills are messed up again... You know, a warning would have been nice... 20 toons to respec yet again...

"Supposedly" it was meant to be in the patch notes ... again, but the message slipped through the cracks to be lost & forgotten.

I'm sure a hassle since you have 20 toons, but just "try" to think of it as a free respec & pace yourself.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    The patch looks good generally, though with all the time gates the combat pets could actually use the longer uptime instead of being shortened like that. Or another way to do it would be to stop the pet timer while the wait part of the time gate timer are running.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    So when is Widening the Gyre coming to console? I am not happy to see that it has been preempted. This confusing flip flopping between concurrent PC-console events and delayed events for console is very frustrating. Particularly because I was very interested in the reward for the Widening the Gyre event. Looks like it will be another 2 months before I log in to STO again.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Good thing about the Respecing is that I only did it for only one Character the last time. Not much time wasted I guess. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Ouch, but why not just respec them as you play them?
    I only tend to log in 2 or 3 characters a day so I certainly won't be respeccing them all right away.

garaffe wrote: »
    So when is Widening the Gyre coming to console? I am not happy to see that it has been preempted. This confusing flip flopping between concurrent PC-console events and delayed events for console is very frustrating.
    We'll probably get it in the New Year - it's a "20 of 30" day event lasting a whole month and the upcoming Winter Event likely means those 30 days aren't fully available in one solid block. Thus, a different event fills the gap, followed by Winter Wonderland and then , hopefully, Widening Gyre.
    Alas, it might also be another "14 of 21" event as the Anniversary is not long after Winter meaning it might be March before we get Gyre on our consoles. Yikes!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    So when is Widening the Gyre coming to console? I am not happy to see that it has been preempted. This confusing flip flopping between concurrent PC-console events and delayed events for console is very frustrating.
    We'll probably get it in the New Year - it's a "20 of 30" day event lasting a whole month and the upcoming Winter Event likely means those 30 days aren't fully available in one solid block. Thus, a different event fills the gap, followed by Winter Wonderland and then , hopefully, Widening Gyre.
    Alas, it might also be another "14 of 21" event as the Anniversary is not long after Winter meaning it might be March before we get Gyre on our consoles. Yikes!

If that is indeed the case, Cryptic has lost a customer in me as I won't be logging in until I have a reason to. I do not care for the currently advertised event reward, I have never been interested in any of the Winter event rewards, and I doubt I will be interested in the Anniversary reward because it seems unlikely for them to offer up another sci oriented reward so soon.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    Heads up, Cryptic:
    On the announcement page for the currently running TFO, we read...
    The first completion of this mission on an account each week will grant a Featured Episode Weekly Reward Box.
    (Paragraph 3, near the end)

Now, I haven't seen this box drop in my reward when I first ran the TFO this week, but I didn't really expect it to either. I figured it's a pure copy/paste error from better times when we got Featured Episodes that progressed the main story of the game in between TFO's.

You might want to delete that sentence from the announcement.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Just shows how the total lack of proofreading has gotten even worse. That is the text from the Weekly Featured Episode unlocks of another piece of the Reward Set. That was just over two years ago. But, people just didn't like running the Featured Episode four times. They'd rather run the Episode or Featured TFO 20 times instead.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Heads up, Cryptic:
    On the announcement page for the currently running TFO, we read...
    The first completion of this mission on an account each week will grant a Featured Episode Weekly Reward Box.
    (Paragraph 3, near the end)

Now, I haven't seen this box drop in my reward when I first ran the TFO this week, but I didn't really expect it to either. I figured it's a pure copy/paste error from better times when we got Featured Episodes that progressed the main story of the game in between TFO's.

You might want to delete that sentence from the announcement.

Keen eye & yeah not surprised if it is, why wouldn't it be, a copy & pasting from another event type.
This discussion has been closed.