test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Legendary Mirror Bundle

Comments

• terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    My prayers have finally been answered. I.S.S. Prefixes for all federation ships and to top it off it comes with Enterprise D Mirror Dreadnaught with its iconic yellow pincer decals on the saucer from Mirror Broken.

6464819-iss%20enterprise%20d.jpg

To all the naysayers three years ago complaining about asking for this for so long...
    NN17vzo.gif
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,685 Community Moderator
    I'm not asking for "$5 Legendary ships". Buying them individually for a sane price would be perfectly fine to me. Which this... isn't quite, because the price is still increased by a bunch of extras that either don't interest me or--like the weapons--I already have anyway.

And yes, I know I'm under no obligation to buy any of the pricier items. My problem is that that's all we're getting lately. Is it really so unreasonable to ask for some new ships that are within my reach? I'm not asking for Legendary-quality ships for standard price, I'm just asking for standard ships at standard price. Of which we've gotten nothing except the single carrier bundle in at least a year, and even that got an inflated price for the four-ship bundle because they tossed in extra items.

I am not asking for the world. I am asking for exactly what we used to get, and haven't been lately.
    Define "sane price." If you think you're going to get a legendary ship or any kind of primary spec hybrid ship for regular $30 cstore prices you're dreaming. It's not going to happen. What you consider a sane price and what I consider a sane price are most likely going to be 2 completely different things. Also to be perfectly blunt, the ship prices do not revolve around any single person's ability to get the ships. Simply because (insert player name here) can't afford them or isn't willing to pay the price doesn't mean they're insanely priced. Also on this point, folks already get standard cstore ships at standard cstore prices. The key here is this is not a standard ship.

The carrier bundle was priced the way it was because you're getting 4 carriers instead of 3. You were also getting 4 ship modules with the bundle, enabling you to then upgrade each of those 4 ships to the fleet version if you wished. Instead of having to go purchase the modules separately, you already would have them. If you decided not to use those modules, you could sell them off and make some EC, or sit on them until a fleet ship came along you did like. Typically if folks were purchasing bundles where the ships in the bundle also had fleet versions, they would go out and purchase fleet modules as well if they intended to upgrade the ship. This simply saved them an extra step. You're still getting standard cstore ships and will still get standard cstore ships, just not with this particular bundle.

Again if you think it's too expensive then vote with your wallet and don't buy it, and encourage folks you know to do the same. As long as folks continue to buy the bundle, even if they think it's overpriced, the company will still produce said bundles. Actions speak louder than words.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    The negative is that again there is nothing for KDF side and so far KDF players only got one ship in YOK, the support carrier
    Well its a good thing Cryptic stated, from the beginning, that YoK had nothing to do with ships.

I dont say anywhere they should be releasing KDF ships all the time, just because its YOK

BUT that is different than releasing one ship only, dont you think?

The equivalent would be not releasing discovery ships during discovery arcs except for one ship
    YoK doesn't officially end until like June 30th 2021.

Cryptic has already hinted at the fact they are going to be doing some kind of Klingon recruitment event/Legendary bundle once all the revamps are done to encourage people to play all the revamped Klingon content.

Given that the next content update is the 2021 anniversary update, which will be YoK part 3, will finish the revamps of the old Klingon faction missions with the Fek'Ihri revamp, and presumably end the Klingon Civil War arc by releasing 3 new missions(the two missions that would normally come with the release plus the 2nd one for this release that got pushed back due to COVID), what better time to release a Klingon legendary bundle?

Feds got theirs on the 10th anniversary, Klingons will likely get theirs on the 11th.

I hope you are right, because if I want to be honest, I am slowly getting worried.

You know the thought that passes through my mind is this "If they gave us zero ships in anniversary for KDF and one in Year of Klingon does this mean that we wont be getting anything anymore when YoK is done?". Its a logical thing to worry about the way things have turned out so far
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,815 Arc User
    As always....here to smooch up to the Devs
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,197 Arc User

Cryptic has already hinted at the fact they are going to be doing some kind of Klingon recruitment event/Legendary bundle once all the revamps are done to encourage people to play all the revamped Klingon content.

Given that the next content update is the 2021 anniversary update, which will be YoK part 3, will finish the revamps of the old Klingon faction missions with the Fek'Ihri revamp, and presumably end the Klingon Civil War arc by releasing 3 new missions(the two missions that would normally come with the release plus the 2nd one for this release that got pushed back due to COVID), what better time to release a Klingon legendary bundle?

Feds got theirs on the 10th anniversary, Klingons will likely get theirs on the 11th.

I hope you are right, because if I want to be honest, I am slowly getting worried.

You know the thought that passes through my mind is this "If they gave us zero ships in anniversary for KDF and one in Year of Klingon does this mean that we wont be getting anything anymore when YoK is done?". Its a logical thing to worry about the way things have turned out so far

From what I've been hearing the KDF Legendary Ship pack along with the Disco Klingon faction are being saved for the Anniversary next year
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »

From what I've been hearing the KDF Legendary Ship pack along with the Disco Klingon faction are being saved for the Anniversary next year

Really? From whom? Where? Because wishful thinking is not really a reliable source. Nor is platitudes and excuses from Cryptic's white knights.

The same people who knew for around 2 months that a Legendary Galaxy X was coming out. They've already been dropping hints during live streams that the Disco Klink faction can't be discussed until the anniversary, and that we'll get 3 featured episodes during the anniversary along with "something that will make players want to play through all the kdf content again". All the information lines up, New Klingon sub faction means new characters, legendary pack means several new ships to play through the content, along with the Anniversary being the launch of the original Legendary pack.

Its alright if you refuse to believe it, I didn't really believe Rook that the Legendary Galaxy X was coming out soon either.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Cryptic puts stuff in the C-Store, lockboxes and promo boxes that they know will make them money.

They put story missions in the game that they think will interest players and that they have ideas for, knowing that without story content, people will stop playing and stop buying stuff, too, and that's bad for them.

Some people might want more Klingon ships, but a lot more want more Feddie ships, and if you can spend some effort to please some people or the same effort to play many more people, you take the latter option.

The Year of Klingon is called not because they intend to sell stuff that won't actually sell, it is called that because they want the games' story revolve around Klingons. And it TRIBBLE does. In fact, none of our Starfleet or Romulan characters really belongs into that story, it's mostly an internal Klingon matter, we're fighting for the soul of the Klingon Empire here!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    Cryptic puts stuff in the C-Store, lockboxes and promo boxes that they know will make them money.

They put story missions in the game that they think will interest players and that they have ideas for, knowing that without story content, people will stop playing and stop buying stuff, too, and that's bad for them.

Some people might want more Klingon ships, but a lot more want more Feddie ships, and if you can spend some effort to please some people or the same effort to play many more people, you take the latter option.

The Year of Klingon is called not because they intend to sell stuff that won't actually sell, it is called that because they want the games' story revolve around Klingons. And it TRIBBLE does. In fact, none of our Starfleet or Romulan characters really belongs into that story, it's mostly an internal Klingon matter, we're fighting for the soul of the Klingon Empire here!

Again its different to have more Fed ships and different to have almost only Fed ships(one single KDF ship in 2020 as part of support carrier bundle). Why instead for example release this pack right now, they couldnt hold out 10 days more and make a KDF ship too and release the SAME bundle with 2 ships, one for each faction. It would definitely make the pack more valuable for players too
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    going to have to hold onto my zen for that Galaxy Dreadnought. The Boff seating looks pretty flexible, you have my interest.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • senryosenryo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Oops it's mirror universe of course he's a rottweiler.
    Post edited by senryo on
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    For all you Mirror Universe fans out there(since I didn't see aa forum post for it yet)
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479863-the-legendary-mirror-bundle
    • All New Tier 6 Ship: Legendary Dreadnought Cruiser
    • Agony Phaser Torpedo Launcher
    • Mirror Universe Phaser Dual Pistols
    • Mirror Odyssey Uniform
    • Mirror Romulan Uniform
    • Mirror Bort'asqu Uniform
    • Mirror Leeta Uniform
    • Mirror Porthos non-combat Rottweiler pet
    • Mirror Universe Registry unlocks
    • Mirror Hakeev duty officer
    And mirror prefixes for all your ships

Ship stats page
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479853

So...year of the Klinks ay? Where is the Klink legendary bundle? 👀 /Searches interwebz...but cannot find it/
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    senryo wrote: »
    Are we not going to talk about how Porthos is a Beagle and not a Rottweiler? I feel like there's a problem here.

PRIME Porthos was a Beagle. In the Mirror Universe Commander Archer had a Rottweiler named Porthos.
    So...year of the Klinks ay? Where is the Klink legendary bundle? 👀 /Searches interwebz...but cannot find it/

Probably going to cap off the Year of Klingon. They're building up to the big reveal at the end of this expansion over time. And what better way to end the Year of Klingon... then with the Legendary Bundle?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • senryosenryo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Are we not going to talk about how Porthos is a Beagle and not a Rottweiler? I feel like there's a problem here.

PRIME Porthos was a Beagle. In the Mirror Universe Commander Archer had a Rottweiler named Porthos.

Probably going to cap off the Year of Klingon. They're building up to the big reveal at the end of this expansion over time. And what better way to end the Year of Klingon... then with the Legendary Bundle?

I was hoping I could get back before someone noticed. I was like wait a minute, it's MU.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    I was hoping I could get back before someone noticed. I was like wait a minute, it's MU.

Beat you by 5 minutes. ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    For being the Year of the Klingons there sure are a lot of fed ships coming out.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • arm1stace93arm1stace93 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Question for the devs I guess - does the new ship in the bundle have cruiser commands (attract fire etc.)? Doesn't seem to say it anywhere in the ship stats post.

I would assume it would have at least the same two as the current Gal-X, but would like to confirm.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    For being the Year of the Klingons there sure are a lot of fed ships coming out.

Feds sells why Klingons smell.

Should change the Klingons to Orion's and Qo'noS to a burlesque house for the Orion females.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,180 Arc User
    I find it insulting put stuff in this box what alot of players already got for free from the events. I don't mind the 6000/4800zen price "if" the stuff you get for that isn't actually stuff you already have... so yeah INSULTING at best.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Seems like it's 6k Z base price, which means it might be on sale as low as 3 or 4k. Definitely worth a grab to me, particularly at that price.
    I have the weapons, so boo there. However I don't own any Gal-X variant, so that'll be neat to try out.
    Also, Mirror Leeta's uniform I've been eying for years, but never could bring myself to get a char unlock for it.
    Gal-X, Mirror uniforms, and mirror Hakeev DOFF all account unlocks? Sold.
    The ISS prefix is just icing on the cake.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
    edited October 2020
    I find it insulting put stuff in this box what alot of players already got for free from the events. I don't mind the 6000/4800zen price "if" the stuff you get for that isn't actually stuff you already have... so yeah INSULTING at best.

Honestly it doesn't matter. The ship and two account wide lobi outfits pay for itself. Although it would have been better if they had just included 100 lobi or one of the new lobi Enterprise era weapons instead.
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    > @terranempire#7881 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Honestly it doesn't matter. The ship and two account wide lobi outfits pay for itself. Although it would have been better if they had just included 100 lobi or one of the new lobi Enterprise era weapons instead.

4 account wide lobi outfits.

It contains all 4 mirror universe lobi uniforms.

Around 800 lobi in value.
    edited October 2020
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    Seems like it's 6k Z base price, which means it might be on sale as low as 3 or 4k. Definitely worth a grab to me, particularly at that price.
    I have the weapons, so boo there. However I don't own any Gal-X variant, so that'll be neat to try out.
    Also, Mirror Leeta's uniform I've been eying for years, but never could bring myself to get a char unlock for it.
    Gal-X, Mirror uniforms, and mirror Hakeev DOFF all account unlocks? Sold.
    The ISS prefix is just icing on the cake.

I have the feeling that is the reduced price.
    edited October 2020
    westx211 wrote: »
    > @terranempire#7881 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Honestly it doesn't matter. The ship and two account wide lobi outfits pay for itself. Although it would have been better if they had just included 100 lobi or one of the new lobi Enterprise era weapons instead.

4 account wide lobi outfits.

It contains all 4 mirror universe lobi uniforms.

Around 800 lobi in value.

RIP my wallet for all the times I paid to get Disco/25th century two variants on all my toons. :'(

5ja6q9l0.gif

I think pretty much you pay for the legendary ship with 2 traits - rest are just to sweeten the deal a bit. For a lengendary ship it worths it even if its on the edge of worth it. If they had a KDF legendary ship with 2 traits and this price I would be borderline ok with the price as well and would buy it.
This discussion has been closed.