test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ten Forward weekly 9/23/2020

somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 10,222 Arc User
  • New update called "Warzone" internally, revamping the Warzone arc for Klingons
  • Second Star to the Right, Keep your Enemies Closer, being merged into one mission "Mars, the Bringer of War", other missions staying separate
  • Runabout section is gone, instead its a lightning prison raid to rescue prisoners
  • No timetable for the removed Fed missions, but its not something they have forgotten about
  • First City revamp would be a 6 week project for multiple people, and is something that will take time which is why they haven't done it yet. But they are aware it sucks
  • Sirella has a new model, and is now voiced by the actual actor from DS9
  • Temporal Ambassador problem on console is a higher level console technical problem they are looking into
  • Kael talked about the "key bundle" problem with the blogs. Apparently a dev simply copy pasted an old blog, and Kael didn't think to ask if that was correct because they had been trying new things with bundles, so he didn't know anything was wrong with it. He also says anyone who bought the bundle while the blog mentioned the keys, and contacts support, will get their keys
  • Ship Interiors on console aren't there due to memory problems due to a lot of hidden stuff dealing with doff assignments and trophies
  • Kael and Jesse want Targ pets for players
  • No plans for any Enterprise content right now, focusing more on original storylines rather then tying into a show
  • Update coming on 10/6/2020 is implementing some things to try to fix lag issues.
  • Foracs III tournament is still in the game, but the 1st/2nd/3rd place thing is being reworked. Might not make it into this release, but will come later if it isn't
  • Fed allied Romulans and Remans can't wear Starfleet uniforms because of CBS rules
  • Dorn said "you did him dirty" when recording Alexander's death scene years ago
  • "House Always Wins" big Gorath ground map revamp
  • Can't make a Tuvik BOFF because there is no system to perma kill bridge officers
  • More Martok, Akaar, and Witch of Nimbus
  • Anniversary update(separate update) has two brand new VAs
  • Playable voth mech is technically possible now, not something they are working on
  • Audio team tracking down double audio problems
  • Easter eggs have to be approved to prevent problems
  • Alpha was moved into Warzone arc, slightly retouched, mostly bugfixes, and some new art, but the map itself is the same
  • Cryptic is aware of visual spam annoyances, having discussions about how to fix it
  • Can't add "dual list"(10 man TFOs) to the random TFO list
  • Want to make cross faction fleet etc. etc. but its hard coded into the game
  • Closer to a DSC era klingon faction
  • Plans for more squadron fighters, and a squadron ship at some point
  • Non humanoid BOFFs possible, or closer to being possible, due to the tech used in "Renegades Regret" and "Quark's Lucky Seven"
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    As usual, somtaawkhar, thanks for the 10FW synopsis.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Interesting information. Thanks for the intel.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »

And the Beacon of Kahless white-flash should either be drastically reduced in duration, or made to not affect friendlies.

Heh... I crack jokes about the Beacon.
    "THE BEACONS ARE LIT! USS GONDOR CALLS FOR AID!" ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Some pretty solid info this week, thanks :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I feel bad for the Fed-Romulan and Fed-Reman players who are not allowed to wear Starfleet uniforms due to CBS dictates. With that information, I removed those bug reports from my bookmarks. Now, I have a question, does that include Liberated Borg Romulans and Romulan BOFFs from the Fleet Embassy as well for those who want to know that?
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Kael talked about the "key bundle" problem with the blogs. Apparently a dev simply copy pasted an old blog, and Kael didn't think to ask if that was correct because they had been trying new things with bundles, so he didn't know anything was wrong with it. He also says anyone who bought the bundle while the blog mentioned the keys, and contacts support, will get their keys

I figured Cryptic would have to do something along these lines. Otherwise I think that was fraud. This seems the bare minimum approach since Cryptic knows which accounts bought the bundle during whatever time-window, but at least Cryptic, Kael, publicly addressed it after that "hiccup".
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    Runabout section is gone, instead its a lightning prison raid to rescue prisoners
    Thank god! This part is just atrocious.
    First City revamp would be a 6 week project for multiple people, and is something that will take time
    Yes, 6 weeks, we got it.
    Sirella has a new model, and is now voiced by the actual actor from DS9
    Yes!
    Kael talked about the "key bundle" problem with the blogs. Apparently a dev simply copy pasted an old blog, and Kael didn't think to ask if that was correct because they had been trying new things with bundles, so he didn't know anything was wrong with it.
    That's not just about the "key bundle" blogs, there are mistakes way too often in others, you'd think he'd have learned to ask for confirmation at this point.
    Ship Interiors on console aren't there due to memory problems due to a lot of hidden stuff dealing with doff assignments and trophies
    Well, since many bridges don't even have trophies options and Doff assignments is just a NPC that could be removed, i find it hard to believe this is the main reason.
    Update coming on 10/6/2020 is implementing some things to try to fix lag issues.
    If this indeed works, and it's not actually an external issue, some people are gonna have to eat their hat.
    Dorn said "you did him dirty" when recording Alexander's death scene years ago
    That might explain why he didn't seem much invested and in-character.
    Can't make a Tuvik BOFF because there is no system to perma kill bridge officers
    Then, where do all those manuals I have come from? Just admit it's because he's hardwired to the Romulan storyline too much and thus, trying to remove him would cause some severe issues.
    More Martok, Akaar, and Witch of Nimbus
    Noooo? That's like saying after TFA that there will be more of "Rey, Finn, Luke and Ren" in the Sequel Trilogy.
    Playable voth mech is technically possible now, not something they are working on
    Could also be a nice replacement to Nelen's revive ability.
    Easter eggs have to be approved to prevent problems
    They got into legal troubles with one, didn't they?
    Plans for more squadron fighters, and a squadron ship at some point
    Now, that could be an interesting concept where the more HP you lose, the fewer fighters make up your "fleet ship". Honestly hoping to see that soon.
    Non humanoid BOFFs possible, or closer to being possible, due to the tech used in "Renegades Regret" and "Quark's Lucky Seven"
    L'Miren and Neth BOffs soon, pretty please?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    No plans for any Enterprise content right now, focusing more on original storylines rather then tying into a show

Huh? Did I read this correctly? The latter part especially?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    Anniversary update(separate update) has two brand new VAs
    Playable voth mech is technically possible now, not something they are working on

Interesting. I'd like to be able to use a Voth mech. More Voth stuff in general is something I'd appreciate.

I wonder who the voice actors are. If they're not working on Enterprise content, and assuming it's not one of the captains... Maybe one of the people who portrayed Cardassians? Or Terry Farrell. Given the current Klingon-heavy storyline, there could be a nice opening to introduce her.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    Huh? Did I read this correctly? The latter part especially?
    I'm not sure how you read it.

But the Discovery tied content ended with Season 17: Rise of Discovery, back in May 2019. We have been in an original stroyline since then. Hence the inclusion of the Elachi, Lukari, Martok, etc. etc.

I just don't find it very original. The Elachi are original, the rest not that much imo.

• Options
    I wonder who the voice actors are. If they're not working on Enterprise content, and assuming it's not one of the captains... Maybe one of the people who portrayed Cardassians? Or Terry Farrell. Given the current Klingon-heavy storyline, there could be a nice opening to introduce her.
    Well, at this point there isn't exactly a large list of new major VAs from the old shows they haven't gotten(that would be realistic to get
    • Sulu
    • Riker
    • Troi
    • Beverly
    • Ezri
    • O'Brien
    • B'Elanna

More likely its someone from one of the newer shows like DSC, Picard, or Lower Decks. Though I think they will still hold off on the latter two shows to see what happens to the characters more(unless CBS gave them some spoilers)

Totally forgot about Troi and Riker. They're also likely candidates given their involvement in Picard.

I'm hoping they can get Nichelle Nichols. From what I've heard, she isn't in very good health. Not to come off as egotistic, but I'd wish they can add them to the STO family before it's too late.

• Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    I'm hoping they can get Nichelle Nichols. From what I've heard, she isn't in very good health.

Just 7 years ago she still looked pretty good (and younger than her age), but time eventually does catch up. On the small and big screen she was always very beautiful, too (IMO, that is).
  • Options

We're more likely to see Ezri Dax than Jadzia Dax, considering Jadzia was killed by Dukat in DS9. Although it would be nice to bring in Ezri, especially since she was in a Story Blog back when K-13 was found, confirmed to be Captain of the Aventine, and a certain Dr. Bashir mentioned being married to the Captain of the Aventine. And as Dax has experience with Klingons...
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I feel bad for the Fed-Romulan and Reman players who are not allowed to wear Starfleet uniforms due to CBS dictates. With that information, I removed those bug reports from my bookmarks. Now, I have a question, does that include Liberated Borg Romulans and Romulan Embassy officers as well for those who want to know that?
    *shrugs*

Don't know, they were asked about Roms and Remans wearing Starfleet uniforms, and the answer given was that CBS is very picky about that, so no they can't. They didn't go into specifics like that. I would assume not however.

I'd like to make a clarification here.

I don't know about female Romulan Captains (as I do not have one), but Male Romulan Captains can wear starfleet uniforms such as the Odyssey, the Discovery uniform, the TNG uniform etc. but Romulan bridge officers cannot.

The Female Reman I have has access to the 25th century Klingon uniform, but none of the other options available. I know there was an update that allowed Jem'hadar and Romulan players the ability to wear those outfits.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I just use the Mercenary Outfits on my Romulan Characters.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I have to admit I do not understand why anyone would want Federation aligned Romulans to wear Federation uniforms. Allies usually still wear their own uniforms in both Star Trek and in the real world, and usually exchange officers do the same (notice Riker never changed into Klingon uniform when he went on one of those exchange programs). And the exception to that, the Alliance uniform, seems to be usable by everyone.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    The keys in the budle refers to the carrier bundle, right?, how i contact support about that?, i buyed on release.. :neutral:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I have to admit I do not understand why anyone would want Federation aligned Romulans to wear Federation uniforms. Allies usually still wear their own uniforms in both Star Trek and in the real world, and usually exchange officers do the same (notice Riker never changed into Klingon uniform when he went on one of those exchange programs). And the exception to that, the Alliance uniform, seems to be usable by everyone.

Its a matter of space barbie. Some people aren't satisfied unless they can have their crew wearing the same thing that their Captain can wear.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

And the Beacon of Kahless white-flash should either be drastically reduced in duration, or made to not affect friendlies.

or

"WINTER IS COME!" ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

J9DoeRx.jpg

gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options

Its a matter of space barbie. Some people aren't satisfied unless they can have their crew wearing the same thing that their Captain can wear.

Maybe not necessarily the same thing as the captain, but I can see why people want their boffs at least to wear the same thing. It's not really a 'uniform' if everyone wears something different.

Personally, I don't really care for Boffs whose looks can't be adapted. I want my crew to be unique, with their own bio's and unique looks.

This discussion has been closed.