test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wells Uniform - Mismatching Colour Palette

ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
The Wells Uniform from the Lobi store has a mismatching colour palette on a female Alien.

The I1 black of the upper section (jacket) is considerably darker than I1 black of the lower section (trousers).

In order to match both parts the darkest possible combination is I2 for upper and I1 for lower.
As the colours are already a bit washed out by default it besomes a rather grey uniform not matching the TV series models.

2nbdch99.png

Considering this is an expensive Lobi item it is really frustrating and disappointing.

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    This issue remains unfixed since it's introduction many years ago. Sadly, I wouldn't hold my breath this is getting fixed at all pig-9.gif

It was reported back in 2012 (!) -> https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1087470/wells-uniform-color-palette And at least once every year since then...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    I'm sorry but the issue is a bit different.
    The linked post complains about different colour palettes with different ranges being used making it hard to match colours.
    The colour numbers do not line up at all.
    Upper is using a palette in which H1 was deep black, lower is using one in which P1 is deep black.
    This must have been fixed or changed in the past as I do not have this issue at all.

I complain about a mismatch of the same colour palette.
    Both parts use indeed the same palette with the same colour ranges.
    On both parts I1 is supposed to be deep black.
    It is however that the lower body one seems offset by 1, at least on the black colours.
    I1 on lower is the same as I2 on upper.
    I1 on upper has no equivalent on lower.

So obviously something has indeed changed and a new issue has been introduced.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Upper Colour Range:
    I1 deep black:
    klzcopl7.png

Lower Colour Ranges:
    I1 deep black:
    i7ukcemy.png

Colours do not match.

I1 on lower matches I2 on upper:
    fclizzn7.png
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    There are plenty of uniforms with the same issues, including more Lobi outfits. Sadly, Crytpic/PWE doesn't seem to care about fixing them. One unified color pallet for everything with tabs for material types would solve this for most.
  • Options
    aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    There are plenty of uniforms with the same issues, including more Lobi outfits. Sadly, Crytpic/PWE doesn't seem to care about fixing them. One unified color pallet for everything with tabs for material types would solve this for most.

That is known as the simple fix, so why it never seems to have been corrected is a puzzler for the ages?
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User

That is known as the simple fix, so why it never seems to have been corrected is a puzzler for the ages?

Who knows, but it would be a very welcome fix by me.
  • Options
    darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 200 Arc User

It seems like a simple fix for us that is not part of the Dev team. But it has been stated in various live streams that each item, whether they be star ships, uniforms, or what not, are each their own item in the database. In order for a unified uniform colour pallet, for example, they would have to go through each and every uniform to do it. It is not a simple switch that can be flipped or a single line of code that can be written or changed and it gets enabled.