test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm already tired of J'Ula

ericcoldfire#9804 ericcoldfire Member Posts: 41 Arc User
I'm ready for her to be killed or captured so we can move on to the next arc, and I'm praying the Kahless she's not going to be the focus for the entirety of Year of the Klingon.

She's such a terrible and weak main villain, especially as a follow up to the likes of the Female Changeling, Noye, Sela, Aarn Tzen-Tarrak, ect.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    main villain,
    So you haven't played the newest episodes?

I was erring on the side of cautions because of spoilers, but even if she's not, I'm still done with her, House Mo'Kai, and the words "Klingon Computer Virus".
  • Options
    xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    You know what, how about I put a disruptor bolt or bullet into her ugly skull for you?
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I share your pain and discontent. However, the objects I'm tired of are, in order: 1)Obisek 2) Sela. 3) Mirror Leeta.

Obisek is the worst insurrection leader of all time. Of. All. Time. Can't steal Thalaron triggers without me. Can't fight the Tal Shiar without me. Can't hold off a Mirror Universe invasion without me.

Sela gets caught, escapes, and makes a mess. Next, I clean up her mess and I catch her again. Then, I turn her over to the authorities. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Mirror Leeta allows her alligator mouth to write checks her hummingbird rear end doesn't have the funds to cover.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    I would love Sela to come back. Not really liking the way things are going with Jm'pok. It was nice that the brought back Martok, but it's a different time for the Klingon Empire, especially after the new accords.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    megainexoros#5925 megainexoros Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I share your pain and discontent. However, the objects I'm tired of are, in order: 1)Obisek 2) Sela. 3) Mirror Leeta.

Kagran... That buffoon must get spaced.
  • Options

Thank you. Forgot about the "battle leader" who leads from so far in the rear, his duty uniform might as well be pajamas and fuzzy bunny slippers.

• Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Kagran needs to die. That idiot was the whole reason why the Iconians were pissed. Would love to blow up his ship in battle.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    Kagran needs to die. That idiot was the whole reason why the Iconians were pissed. Would love to blow up his ship in battle.

Seela was the reason the Iconians were pissed. Kagren was the one with sense to know they were not evil.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Sela gets caught, escapes, and makes a mess. Next, I clean up her mess and I catch her again. Then, I turn her over to the authorities. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I give Sela a bit of a pass because I like the cat and mouse antics, her comeuppance at the end of the Iconian War, and her bittersweet ending at the end of Yesterday's War.

"Tell me about my mother."
    96d90673-9359-49a5-b4c8-edc411a4b8a4_text_hi.gif
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Julie was always going to end up being the new sela, turning up and lingering like a bad smell as they transition from galaxy threatening baddie to poor misguided sweetie who's awfully sorry about the death and destruction but thats ok because they feel like they got redeemed.

Kind of waiting for the two of them to get shoehorned into the klink war arc that's currently going on so we can have them bicker at each other unable to progress because "sela hasn't finished talking"

So far most memorable moment from the klink story is that we can let the fed ambassador finally get his comeuppance during the khitomer purge sequence.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    J'Ula isn't the worst 'frenemy' we've had. Just the latest one. I had thoughts of J'Ula and Captain Killy crossing paths here. I was kind of hoping for it, actually. Killy and J'Ula either joining forces or, even better, declaring a blood feud and not caring who got caught in the crossfire as they settled which one is the true Alpha Female.

All this, "I'm here to save the Empire from the Hidden Darkness at its heart" stuff is a little...quaint. And done better by other franchises. Makes the game seem like it's borrowing ideas from an older brother. 'Scuse me, I have to go see about being someone's last hope now. Maybe I can talk Obi-W...errr...Adet'pa and young Skyw...errr...J'Ula into helping me.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

Thank you. Forgot about the "battle leader" who leads from so far in the rear, his duty uniform might as well be pajamas and fuzzy bunny slippers.

Targ slippers
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    TBH Id love to see something that delves into this weird AI from another dimension
  • Options
    @gaevsman: Okay. Targ slippers it is, lol.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    However, the objects I'm tired of are, in order: 1)Obisek 2) Sela. 3) Mirror Leeta.

Yes!!! ^This^ Especially for number 2!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    The good part is it feels we are getting rid of J'mpok in the future. He is a thorn within KDF leadership. Let Martok or anyone worthy take his place.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    J'Ula is an insult as a villain, really. I'm J'Ula, follow me to battle, and when we get our tails handed to us, I will run away while you stay and die.
    What self respecting warrior would support her after the first battle?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    J'Ula is an insult as a villain, really. I'm J'Ula, follow me to battle, and when we get our tails handed to us, I will run away while you stay and die.

The same ones who followed B'Vat around?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User

I was going to say this to J'Ula's face the last time I saw her, but she warped out before I could say anything...

Oh wait! she's back!...oh...no...she's gone again...
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Whats the klingon for "meep meep"?
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Whats the klingon for "meep meep"?

I guess m'eep m'eep?
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i don't the klingons have a word for 'meep' - they may have one for 'beep' though​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    J'Ula, before: *tearing holes in reality without thinking of the potential consequences, while sending hundreds of warriors to die just for a political move and overall using extremely dishonorable methods to achieve her goals* "I'll tear this moon apart! It'll be your grave! Fire the weapon again and again!"

J'Ula in Khitomer Discord: *doesn't hesitate to backtrack to offer her hand to her potential nemesis from the 23rd century, while saying about how J'mpok is dishonorable* "This is no way to die. I have your back, come with me if you want to live."

One of the quickest and poorest redemption arcs ever.

I hope the Klingon Civil War ends with a mutual kill between her and J'mpok with neither portrayed sympathetically or as the more honorable one in their death, because they don't deserve it.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    The part that seems the worst to me about this event TFO is that you can't understand what either of the NPC's is saying. The voice actors are so busy trying to sound tough that they forgot the need to be intelligible.

"GRRRR! Bark targ snarl growl!"
    "Arrgh! Snarl snarl growlllllll!"
    "Grrrrr Grrrr Grethor bark bark bark!"

I just wish they'd both stuff a sock in it.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    There's dialog?? :)

I go in there with my Mega Gravity Well Legendary Intrepid and go to areas with a Greek Letter and throw Well, fire off Gravimetric Torpedo Spreads, throw Delayed Overload Cascade, meanwhile having flooded the area with Black Ops Mines and Tactical Flyers. Then off to the next Greek Letter. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    "Dialog"? You mean J'Ula and or J'mpok actually want to talk to me? As in they'd listen to what I have to say? And maybe then they wouldn't fire everything at me? And we'd all live happily ever after while finding a reasonable, peaceful accommodation to our differences? This despite both of them being very conniving political creatures whose sole goal in life is the acquisition of power and control over others?

Naah. [TRIBBLE] that. Shields to maximum. Ready the phasers. Load the torpedo tubes for a full spread. I'm tired of being played for a patsy and a fool. Both of them are too stupid to win. Both of them have parents who waded in the shallow end of the gene pool.

Both of them really, truly, definitely, without a doubt, positively, abso-frakkin'-lutley need to die.

I'd like to show'em what the phrase, "burning house" actually means.
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    "Dialog"? You mean J'Ula and or J'mpok actually want to talk to me? As in they'd listen to what I have to say? And maybe then they wouldn't fire everything at me? And we'd all live happily ever after while finding a reasonable, peaceful accommodation to our differences? This despite both of them being very conniving political creatures whose sole goal in life is the acquisition of power and control over others?

No, they would argue with each other like a married couple, lol.

I personally find J'mpok quite unfit to lead the Empire, so I will be happy if we see him get out of the picture in the near future
  • Options
    treknadi#8339 treknadi Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    To be honest I have enough of J'Ula and all of this discovery klingon abominations, I hope that she and most of the discovery klingons get annihilated and I don't have to see anything of them again in any storyline after the year of klingons is over. Ö_Ö
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I'm kind of meh about the STF. Fly up 10KM and the turrets won't bother you. Dive down on the next objective and pew pew it to particles. Then go back up to the next objective.

J'Ula only annoys me in that she like other Discovery Klingons had a design/makeup team made Klingons that would have looked fine in a 1950's black and white B movie instead of actual Star Trek with all the rubber. I swear you could have had a guy in an original Godzilla costume walk out and be fine on the Klingon ship while being called a Gorn.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
This discussion has been closed.