test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wondering when if ever the possible rerun of the delta recruit will be.

roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
The title is about it i don't have one real life takes precedent over games but want to know when if ever we will have a chance to make one. For old players like me as well as new players.

Would love to see a week or 2 event offering all the recruit at one time then players could make toons new and old.
To be or not to be: B)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Delta Recruit is likely to happen again sometime. Same with Gamma. The only one that is currently not likely is Temporal as the Devs have said that they would like to find a way to be more inclusive of KDF and Romulans in the future, as in its current state it is pure Fed only, and not everyone wants to roll a TOS Fed just to unlock the perks for KDF.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I'd probably expect delta recruit to happen this year, as Gamma was last year, unless they got their act together with the Temporal recruit event. It would be in the fall, typically they are around October or November I think.
    ...not everyone wants to roll a TOS Fed just to unlock the perks for KDF.

You can say the exact same about the Jem'Hadar, but Gamma recruits still happened, so I really don't follow their logic. For Delta recruits you need one of every faction to actually unlock everything which is arguably even sillier.
  • Options
    You can say the exact same about the Jem'Hadar, but Gamma recruits still happened, so I really don't follow their logic.

No you can't say the same thing.
    There is one fundimental difference between Jem'Hadar and TOS Feds. TOS Feds are locked to Fed side. Jem'Hadar can choose to ally with Fed or KDF. That's the big difference. So in essence... KDF is equally represented with Gamma Recruit. Temporal is still purely Fed. There is no option for a KDF Temporal in any capacity.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You can say the exact same about the Jem'Hadar, but Gamma recruits still happened, so I really don't follow their logic.

No you can't say the same thing.
    There is one fundimental difference between Jem'Hadar and TOS Feds. TOS Feds are locked to Fed side. Jem'Hadar can choose to ally with Fed or KDF. That's the big difference. So in essence... KDF is equally represented with Gamma Recruit. Temporal is still purely Fed. There is no option for a KDF Temporal in any capacity.

That isn't how I see it. Who they ally with is irrelevant. What does it matter? Most of the game is the same either way, especially at level 60+. Jems are one very specific, uninteresting species that barely even have free will, and you have to play one to unlock the gamma perks for all the rest.
  • Options
    You're missing the point. While you only have the option of Jem'Hadar, you can choose to ally with Fed or KDF, thus have access to resources from either Fed or KDF.
    TOS Feds are already locked Fed side. NO KDF OPTION.

You're moving goalposts to try and prove your point instead of actually looking at the reasoning behind why Temporal hasn't come back yet.
    • Delta is inclusive. Fed, KDF, Romulan.
    • Gamma is neutral, and allows for access to KDF
    • Temporal is Fed only.

What's the one thing Delta and Gamma have over Temporal? KDF access. You can roll a JH Gamma Recruit, and choose to side with KDF if you're a KDF fan. Want to start a KDF Delta? You can do that. Want a KDF Temporal? Nope. Its Fed only.

Yes the game centralizes the story later on, but most hardcore KDF would prefer to experience it ALL from the KDF side of things. There's quite a few people who are rather vocal about their dislike of Fed.

The Devs have said it themselves that Temporal isn't likely until they find a more inclusive way to do it, which means adding an option for KDF to some degree or other.
  • Options
    You're missing the point. While you only have the option of Jem'Hadar, you can choose to ally with Fed or KDF, thus have access to resources from either Fed or KDF.

You're moving goalposts to try and prove your point instead of actually looking at the reasoning behind why Temporal hasn't come back yet.
    • Temporal is Fed only.

What's the one thing Delta and Gamma have over Temporal? KDF access. You can roll a JH Gamma Recruit, and choose to side with KDF if you're a KDF fan. Want to start a KDF Delta? You can do that. Want a KDF Temporal? Nope. Its Fed only.

Yes the game centralizes the story later on, but most hardcore KDF would prefer to experience it ALL from the KDF side of things. There's quite a few people who are rather vocal about their dislike of Fed.

The Devs have said it themselves that Temporal isn't likely until they find a more inclusive way to do it, which means adding an option for KDF to some degree or other.

I'm not moving any goalposts. I'm not even sure what you think that means, or what you think I did to do that.

Here's the problem. You want perks for all your characters. You have to play a character in a specific faction. That is universally an issue among all three recruitment events.

IDGAF about Jem'Hadar, but to unlock gamma perks, I've got to play as one for many, many hours (which I did) and then I can ignore them (which I do.) That is no different if you want to unlock Temporal perks for your stable of KDF, or the Delta perks from running through the Romulan missions. It is the exact same thing to me.

I don't particularly understand the idea of calling Roms/Doms as Fed or KDF, because they aren't. They can align with one or the other, but that is a mostly superficial arrangement. Obviously you can get ships from one side or the other and fleets and so on, but at the end of the day, if you are mainly a KDF player, and you want to improve your KDFs with recruitment perks, you don't care much about the Fed or Jem you rolled to get those perks. You get the perks and then shelve the character, or you enjoy the character and it doesn't matter. Jems doing the low level KDF (or Fed) content doesn't even make sense, as they were never written with Jems or some alliance in mind, and definitely don't fit with the timeline of events.

I'd love to see Cryptic redo the Temporal event to have a KDF side to it. Whenever they do that, I'll be happy to roll up a new KDF temporal agent. Until then, rerun the Fed only version every 3 years or whatever, because there is no other way to get those perks. What does doing that cost them?
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »

• Temporal is Fed only.

I'm not moving any goalposts. I'm not even sure what you think that means, or what you think I did to do that.

Here's the problem. You want perks for all your characters. You have to play a character in a specific faction. That is universally an issue among all three recruitment events.

IDGAF about Jem'Hadar, but to unlock gamma perks, I've got to play as one for many, many hours (which I did) and then I can ignore them (which I do.) That is no different if you want to unlock Temporal perks for your stable of KDF, or the Delta perks from running through the Romulan missions. It is the exact same thing to me.

I don't particularly understand the idea of calling Roms/Doms as Fed or KDF, because they aren't. They can align with one or the other, but that is a mostly superficial arrangement. Obviously you can get ships from one side or the other and fleets and so on, but at the end of the day, if you are mainly a KDF player, and you want to improve your KDFs with recruitment perks, you don't care much about the Fed or Jem you rolled to get those perks. You get the perks and then shelve the character, or you enjoy the character and it doesn't matter. Jems doing the low level KDF (or Fed) content doesn't even make sense, as they were never written with Jems or some alliance in mind, and definitely don't fit with the timeline of events.

I'd love to see Cryptic redo the Temporal event to have a KDF side to it. Whenever they do that, I'll be happy to roll up a new KDF temporal agent. Until then, rerun the Fed only version every 3 years or whatever, because there is no other way to get those perks. What does doing that cost them?

I'm sorry...but if you don't understand why roms and doms are red or blue...you are so far up your own factions behind that you can't see a damn thing. I hope they do not run another temporal one until you can at LEAST make a KDF version...if not the romulan one. And if they do...yeah...expect even more hate from me to all you feddie bears. So...yes they do have something to lose. More and more of the player base who feel they need to play blue or GTFO...and choose to GTFO. They are already alienating other factions enough as it is...no need to make it worse by shoving blue only events down our throats. You may feel different...but that does not negate MINE. So you can say please do it...it costs you nothing to cryptic...and I can say please DON'T do it because feddie bears have enough already. And they will do what makes them more money...you having your extra blue event...or me continuing to not spend money. If you want things your way, you better make up for the people like me who are pulling our support out of the game...else guess what sweet pea...our boycott wins.

What is my faction? That's a really ridiculous thing to say.

No you don't understand my point at all. If they had never done Temporal recruitment before, I'd be completely on your side, but that's not the case. It already exists. It has been done. It is there in the code waiting to be turned on at the flip of a switch. It isn't Cryptic playing to Feds and ignoring KDF by turning it back on. It is something they've already done.

It would be great to have the event to run through as a KDF character, but when is that going to be possible? Next year? Five years from now? When? Remember this is Cryptic we are talking about.

They have an event, complete with a lot of perks that affect someone's entire account, that many people don't have access to right now, that they can turn on at any time. That means all the KDF characters that don't have any of these perks can't get them and may never be able to. So it seems to me you want to spite your face and cut off your nose, while I am saying it is better to grit your teeth and deal with the situation as it is to benefit from it.

Just hold your nose and play a stinky Fedrat, because all your KDF are going to benefit from it, or don't in protest. Is it the best situation? No, demand better from Cryptic, but why take that attitude that if you can't have it your way, no one should be able to have it at all?
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I get the frustration about more Fed content in the game than anything else, I came to the game to play Romulan and have ended up branching out to the other two to some extent though I still prefer Romulan. I don't count the single Jem'hadar Gamma Recruit since it is not a character to me, just a very unpleasant key to unlock some of the Gamma benefits (I only did the ones that can be done in space or with it standing around in a vacc suit ignored behind the crafting floater).

In fact, I only did that on one of my two accounts (originally PW and Steam, long story) because after going though the J'H starter once, the thought of doing it again for the other account was more repellant than the value of the benefits to my actual characters on that account.

That said, the Red/Blue thing is a PvP centric view of the game, and one that many players don't even really know or care about. That is true even in the forums, there was a thread not long ago where it took several pages for some people to understand that Romulans and Dominion both started out as a stub "faction 0" which is why so much is not available until they chose either faction1 or faction2, and that they were not all arbitrary factions of their own.

To roleplayers that underlying structure is irrelevant, to them there is not just red and blue. Green and purple are just as "real" as red and blue on that level regardless of the fact that system-wise they are just illusions and everything runs off just the red and blue databases and a limited kludge pool.

The AoY Recruit event has the best rewards of the bunch and it is a shame that it seems like they will never run it again (which is personally even more galling, having missed it by a matter of days) because of the red/blue rivalry. That is especially true since as far back as 2018 the devs were talking about making a DSC subfaction start, and if they played their cards right they could use a minor variant of that as the basis for a red faction AoY event.

An even better one would be to do an AoY from the Klingon point of view that actually fit together with the TOS one, but a DSC version would be better than the nothing we are getting now on every faction (no matter how you look at them). Doing a TOS era Klingon D7 interior for the event would be fairly easy resource wise since both "The Enterprise Incident" and TAS showed that back then the D7 interior corridors looked a lot like the Starfleet ones, they seemed to have more straight (instead of curved) hallways compared to the Federation ships.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I just want to state for the record that I am not against a rerun of the Temporal Recruit event, I'm just saying what the Devs have said in the past about wanting it to be more inclusive of KDF players.

Would be interesting if they somehow found a way to do it with the Year of Klingon, but we're not privy to what they are working on now behind the scenes. Also most people seem to want to vilify them for not doing X or Y, despite any official word on, or even practicality of, X or Y.

Honestly... probably best to pose questions like that to AmbassadorKael. Might get answered in the weekly livestream.