test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Really? A 4th Caitian ship?

I'm not trying to knock Caitians here. I know there are lots of Caitian fans. But why not branch out a little more to some Federation races that haven't been represented yet? Why not a Denobulan or a Rigelian ship? I'd really like to see them get a little love too.
«1

Comments

  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 2,960 Arc User
    * Is readying his claws *
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

    [3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 2,960 Arc User
    Seriously though, it's only the third ship. Second actually, if you keep in mind that this is just a T6 update to the T5 Atrox, which was also one of the last ships to get the fleet treatment, even just shortly before T6's became a thing IIRC.

    I mean, if you want to count the T5's and T6's as separate, then the Andorians and Vulcans also have 6 and 2 ships respectively.

    I'm not counting the Caitian shuttle. That one has been in the game for years. And how much shuttle content do we have anyway?



    Not that I'm opposed to seeing more stuff of some other key species of course. But that's because more ships and more diversity is never a bad thing, not because I'd say that the Caitians are over-represented or anything.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

    [3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 9,533 Arc User
    This is a replacement for the existing T5 carrier, that people have been asking for since 2014. There is exactly one T6 kitty-carrier now.

    Caitians and Andorians are much more popular than other races, so they get ships first.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,702 Arc User
    Whereas it would be nice for all the species to be represented with species-specific ships Cryptic can only do so much.

    I mean seriously Cryptic, when will the long overlooked Horta get their species-specific ship & while you're at it made into a playable species? :-)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 9,533 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Whereas it would be nice for all the species to be represented with species-specific ships Cryptic can only do so much.

    I mean seriously Cryptic, when will the long overlooked Horta get their species-specific ship & while you're at it made into a playable species? :-)

    Trendy promised us playable Horta, and I'm still waiting! It was an official announcement!!

    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9890613-star-trek-online:-new-playable-species-horta!

    ( ... yes the blog date was April 1, why are you asking? )
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,096 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Wait, when we had a third???... the Atrox, the Shikaris and the Aspero... where is the third??? if you say this is the fourth?? :neutral:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,572 Arc User
    Multiple Caitian ships over a decade.....

    ...and still not one real hairstyle for the kitty people (looking at you M'Ress).
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Vulcans dont even have much in the way of ships. Problem is cryptic thinks Federation ship = Star Fleet, cept the Federation isn't just Star Fleet. Just like the Klingon Empire isnt just Klingon the Klingon Fleet. That being said Im not bashing this carrier bundle cept for all the TRIBBLE confusion on what carriers can use what, and the master key incident. If you say something is in the bundle HONOR IT. If you are going to post a blog on a product PROOF READ IT more then once for god sake.

    And honestly when releasing a carrier, you should be able to make damn sure it all works right, its not like there is a ton of dual hanger carriers they arent cruisers.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 2,960 Arc User
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    Vulcans dont even have much in the way of ships. Problem is cryptic thinks Federation ship = Star Fleet, cept the Federation isn't just Star Fleet. Just like the Klingon Empire isnt just Klingon the Klingon Fleet. That being said Im not bashing this carrier bundle cept for all the TRIBBLE confusion on what carriers can use what, and the master key incident. If you say something is in the bundle HONOR IT. If you are going to post a blog on a product PROOF READ IT more then once for god sake.

    And honestly when releasing a carrier, you should be able to make damn sure it all works right, its not like there is a ton of dual hanger carriers they arent cruisers.

    I also find the restriction of the pets to dual hangar carriers a bit odd. There are too few of them anyway for these pets to be an useful addition to the game for most players.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

    [3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 2,960 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Wait, when we had a third???... the Atrox, the Shikaris and the Aspero... where is the third??? if you say this is the fourth?? :neutral:

    There's the Stalker stealth shuttle.

    Not really a ship and it has been in the game since forever, as noted though. It's not the best example to include if someone would want to claim favouritism for this species.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

    [3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 2,960 Arc User
    As for the Vulcans: I can understand why one would expect them to have more ships, since they're one of the few species that are stated to actually have an own, fully operational fleet (besides the general notion that such is the right and custom of species in the Federation in general).

    Vulcans also seem to be one of the more popular species in terms of player characters. Then again, there aren't an awful lot of Vulcan ships flying around in the game. Not surprising for a T5 ship of course, but the T6 one was part of an event and is thus likely owned by many players.


    I think that I've only seen, literally, one of them in the past couple of months. Their ships don't seem to be that popular. The same would go for most species-specific ships though, I might add. I don't think I've ever seen a Lethean ship, even Andorian ones are fairly rare and the Atrox and Shi'karis aren't seen that often either.


    Players in general appear to prefer flying regular faction ships. Meaning ships like Intrepids, Defiants, Galaxies, Sovereigns, Connies and so on for the Federation. I can understand that, the game has us act like Starfleet officers after all. Not as members of the Vulcan Science Academy or the Andorian Imperial Guard or... whatever the Caitian fleet command is called.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

    [3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    I like that the carrier isn't a fed one, as I don't really imagine starfleet and carriers as going together. And we just got the earhart too so a second would be eh,
    Caitian are nice in how different the ships look to everything else and it makes sense to have them the carrier when they had the T5 one so like, carriers are their thing.
    I'd like an Andorian carrier one day maybe as those andorian pilot ships are fighter-y so it makes sense the AIG would have one?
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

    Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,153 Arc User
    Maybe I should start a thread, Really, Star Trek? I want a Super Star Destroyer... OP, are you one of those who complains because you only got a $25 dollar Christmas present instead of a new car??
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 10,647 Arc User
    I want more Tellarite love pig-12.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    At least the kitty ships are sleek and attractive, unlike Orion ships.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,350 Bug Hunter
    Yea, it's only the 2nd Caitian Ship. And both are Carriers, it was nice to see the Ferasan's got more of an Escort.

    Andorian's, Letheans, and Dewans each have a 3 set group of Pilot ships themselves.

    Still I'm excited for a possible T6 Dyson Update, especially given the more cooperative design, since Dyson technology was first introduced in the Sphere. I really see Dyson ships as the precursor to the eventual Temporal 29th ships we first saw in Voyager. :o
    Sa328Qp.png
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    Yea, it's only the 2nd Caitian Ship. And both are Carriers, it was nice to see the Ferasan's got more of an Escort.

    Andorian's, Letheans, and Dewans each have a 3 set group of Pilot ships themselves.

    Still I'm excited for a possible T6 Dyson Update, especially given the more cooperative design, since Dyson technology was first introduced in the Sphere. I really see Dyson ships as the precursor to the eventual Temporal 29th ships we first saw in Voyager. :o

    Er, the Caitians got the Shikaris escort as well, not just the carriers. But the Stalker as a ship? eh. It's basically in the same category as the Scorp and to'duj, it's a fighter for the carriers, so make it a flyable fighter for small craft stuff.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,462 Arc User
    There are actually 6 Caitian ships if you count the Fleet Varients. Beyond that, there are not 4 Ships, so the point of this Thread is moot.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I like that the carrier isn't a fed one, as I don't really imagine starfleet and carriers as going together. And we just got the earhart too so a second would be eh,
    Caitian are nice in how different the ships look to everything else and it makes sense to have them the carrier when they had the T5 one so like, carriers are their thing.
    I'd like an Andorian carrier one day maybe as those andorian pilot ships are fighter-y so it makes sense the AIG would have one?

    Yeah, the idea of attritional warfare just isn't starfleet really.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Wait, when we had a third???... the Atrox, the Shikaris and the Aspero... where is the third??? if you say this is the fourth?? :neutral:
    There is a shuttle though you can fly lol.

    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Pretty much this is how I see this going because of how companies gauge how popular things may or may not sell determines how many and the frequencies of when they are released. Kind of like the Lethean pilot escorts and their faction counterparts they are some of the most underrated ships but have the problem of most of them being non-canon ships along with how I've noticed that many players do not know how to use pilot ships effectively. So this being said you have one of their best work that involves piloting skill and strategy not being used that much but at the same time I am able to come up with completely separate builds for each class of tact, eng, and sci where they perform so much better than a lot other ships I see out there.

    So really what the game needs is a time gated crowd funding ability which could utilize Fleet Starbases and the crafting system via the shipyard to do these. So basically what Cryptic could start off doing is creating templates to sell in the c-store that are the base or foundation of what their ships look like as they start them off. Then with the function of a time gate and the aspect of crowd funding once a timer starts on all the resources being there for something they can then work on the next pieces you get so the time gate is just for them to do the work as needed so they can continue on their scheduled work. Plus the game really needs an agreeable dilithium sink that most anyone can agree upon as well as something that puts more value into shipyards so that once a prototype ship is built that shipyard can then produce these ships.

    Overall they just need a system like this that restores dilithium and other currency values and allows them to know exactly when, what, and how they can introduce ships like these. I am pretty sure its a reasonable but something I know that could be improved upon by Cryptic and others ideas. Plus on top of all this they need to go back and revisit the earlier Fleet Starbase design because there are many vendors in them but they tended to only offer things that were so limited in use like the fleet operational assets that no one ever used them and then now of days no one ever does those specific fleet queues. I'd like to see them redo those and remove faction barriers in one big overhaul that allows everything from non-faction specific ships like these and ways they can be used and valued.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 3,881 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    At least the kitty ships are sleek and attractive, unlike Orion ships.

    That is only because for some reason STO has so far chosen to base all Orion ships on Harrad-Sar's junker of a barge and ignore all the sleeker, more elegant designs like the Scout and the Interceptor (in fact, they treat the runabout-sized Vulcan T'Pau as a full-sized science scout but treat the Interceptors, which are shown as much bigger than the T'Pau class, as fighter-runabouts.

    And giving the smaller civilizations in the factions some attention is a good thing anyway, this time the Caitians get a nice ship, maybe the Orions will be next (though I doubt it), it is all good whoever the next lucky underdog is either way.

  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 10,647 Arc User
    At least the kitty ships are sleek and attractive, unlike Orion ships.

    That is only because for some reason STO has so far chosen to base all Orion ships on Harrad-Sar's junker of a barge and ignore all the sleeker, more elegant designs like the Scout and the Interceptor (in fact, they treat the runabout-sized Vulcan T'Pau as a full-sized science scout but treat the Interceptors, which are shown as much bigger than the T'Pau class, as fighter-runabouts.

    And giving the smaller civilizations in the factions some attention is a good thing anyway, this time the Caitians get a nice ship, maybe the Orions will be next (though I doubt it), it is all good whoever the next lucky underdog is either way.

    A problem is that since ENT (because before we barely got nay Orions at all) the impression got reinforced that the Syndicate is the governing body and sole structure of the Orion society when I think Orions were the most sophisticated scientists and space explorers for a long time. They really suffer from very short-sighted misrepresentation.
    ltminns wrote: »
    There are actually 6 Caitian ships if you count the Fleet Varients. Beyond that, there are not 4 Ships, so the point of this Thread is moot.

    It's not that hard to be frank. Two carriers, one escort and one small craft make four.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    If there really was one thing Caitians needed added to the game is the M'ress hairstyle.

    I demand it is added immediately.

    GesGayI.jpg
    [url=https://imgur.com/Mp3E8EH][img]http://i.imgur.com/Mp3E8EH.jpg[/img][/url]

    “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re having Lag or Rubber-banding,” “then you ain’t playing Star Trek Online.”
  • starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    At least the kitty ships are sleek and attractive, unlike Orion ships.

    That is only because for some reason STO has so far chosen to base all Orion ships on Harrad-Sar's junker of a barge and ignore all the sleeker, more elegant designs like the Scout and the Interceptor (in fact, they treat the runabout-sized Vulcan T'Pau as a full-sized science scout but treat the Interceptors, which are shown as much bigger than the T'Pau class, as fighter-runabouts.

    And giving the smaller civilizations in the factions some attention is a good thing anyway, this time the Caitians get a nice ship, maybe the Orions will be next (though I doubt it), it is all good whoever the next lucky underdog is either way.

    It would be nice to see some Orion ships based on the Orion scout ship.
    I like its lil energy balls inside its ring
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

    Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    At least the kitty ships are sleek and attractive, unlike Orion ships.

    That is only because for some reason STO has so far chosen to base all Orion ships on Harrad-Sar's junker of a barge and ignore all the sleeker, more elegant designs like the Scout and the Interceptor (in fact, they treat the runabout-sized Vulcan T'Pau as a full-sized science scout but treat the Interceptors, which are shown as much bigger than the T'Pau class, as fighter-runabouts.

    And giving the smaller civilizations in the factions some attention is a good thing anyway, this time the Caitians get a nice ship, maybe the Orions will be next (though I doubt it), it is all good whoever the next lucky underdog is either way.
    Hmm the Blackguard isn't actually a T6 potato though. T6 potato would prob be a 2 hangar bay ship.

    But yeah Orion escorts would be great to have.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    What would you say if i told you there are proto caitian suprmeisits team infiltrating Cryptic as we speak under the guise of a culture pheonominon know only to the local population as furries.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 2,960 Arc User
    jade1280 wrote: »
    What would you say if i told you there are proto caitian suprmeisits team infiltrating Cryptic as we speak under the guise of a culture pheonominon know only to the local population as furries.

    Well, what could anyone really say to that? I'm not sure what you are expecting.

    So I'll just leave it at...

    Yes.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

    [3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 2,960 Arc User
    Also, oranges.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

    [3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Sign In or Register to comment.