test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I've Been Unable To Login Past The Character Select Screen Without Disconnecting For Nearly Two Days

kstudioskstudios Member Posts: 34 Arc User
Troubles started yesterday, and have only worsened today. I've at this point sat in character selection just waiting for my character to even load in to be selectable for over six minutes now. When I do get in, it's impossible for me to leave or even move in sector space. My ship literally just turns about but sits in place when I attempt to auto navigate, if it moves at all.

Live in the US southwest (Arizona).

This is almost amusingly bad. I'm being transported back in time, here. Is this 1998? I feel connectivity this bad is last century.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    I got it last week. I'm in Europe. Doing a tracert showed the problem was at akamai (big surprise) and honestly there's nothing to do but wait it out unless it's an issue that hits the wider player base. It's annoying but there's nothing to be done in that case. You can try running it via one of the proxy options on the launcher as that may take you of a different route to akamai and they'll decide to let you through but otherwise only time will solve that.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    Try doing a dns flush. Also either just restart your router or factory reset it. Also clear out your cache n cookies
  • Options
    It is not my internet connection, btw. I've been streaming both a radio show and a 3 hour Youtube video on another PC the entire time (as I tend to do cause I'm ridiculously ADHD and have to be doing at minimum three things at once). Zero connection issues.
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »
    Try doing a dns flush. Also either just restart your router or factory reset it. Also clear out your cache n cookies

Already reset the router. Did not improve. Explain this "dns flush." First I've heard of it. Probably worth a try.
  • Options
    kstudios wrote: »

Already reset the router. Did not improve. Explain this "dns flush." First I've heard of it. Probably worth a try.

If on windows 10 .....

Select the “Start” button, then type “cmd“.
    Right-click “Command Prompt“, then choose “Run as Administrator“.
    Type ipconfig /flushdns then press “Enter“. ( be sure there is a space before the slash)
  • Options

If on windows 10 .....

Type ipconfig /flushdns then press “Enter“. ( be sure there is a space before the slash)

Will give it a shot, thanks.
  • Options

If on windows 10 .....

Fingers crossed for you that it works :)
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    I will be keeping an eye on this one folks. If the DNS flush doesn't fix it there are other things that we can try to get you into game.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Well, i was having this problem from time to time.. last week was terrible, thou... constant DC entering chars.. so yeah... as in other tread, 10 times it took me to enter my risa char
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    I will be keeping an eye on this one folks. If the DNS flush doesn't fix it there are other things that we can try to get you into game.

Cheers :smile:
  • Options
    stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Is it unannounced maintance time today? I hope it wont be another one on Thursday. Its bad for this very short summer event. :(
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    stlhee wrote: »
    Is it unannounced maintance time today? I hope it wont be another one on Thursday. Its bad for this very short summer event. :(

Do events usually last more than a month?
    Then again, there are so many rewards that even a month may not get me enough tokens for all the ones I want on various characters.

If on windows 10 .....

Good luck! I was getting lots of disconnects a while back and it may have been something along the route from here because it just cleared up after a storm knocked out the power for a while. Unintended way to reset everything, but maybe it worked. :)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    tagen wrote: »
    Do events usually last more than a month?
    Then again, there are so many rewards that even a month may not get me enough tokens for all the ones I want on various characters.

They are longer than a month. Generally you have at least a week of wiggle room. More for major seasonal events.
    stlhee wrote: »

Probably emergency back end otherwise it would have been on the normal patch day.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    My launcher had a warning about extended maint for today last night.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Well, since maintenance, besides some lag, there where no DC's today... i'll test it again later in the afternoon, when more people are connected..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
This discussion has been closed.