edited August 2020
    Flaming/trolling redacted. -- WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
  • taris10005#5669 taris10005 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2020
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Here's a thought about your rage quitter...
    The reason he claimed to be a PvP God and undefeated... is because he pulled that same BS on everyone who COULD beat him. And now you're taking it out on US because he pulled that BS on you.
    And you're proving us right when we talk about the toxic elements.
    On top of that, you're telling us not to judge you, yet you're judging us in basically the same way. So... um... we're not allowed to defend ourselves?

We have discussed the problems of PvP as it stands in detail recently. Raging at us over it is not going to solve anything, let alone solve the problem in question. Fact of the matter is Taris... you went into a PvP match with a Troll, and got Trolled. They most likely INTENDED to bug off to invalidate the match if it looked like they weren't just going to curbstomp you.
    There are people like that, who can't stand the thought of losing and will make up any excuse to avoid it. Insulting us is not going to solve the problem.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I'm fully expecting to get insulted by him any time now. So you'll have your fun until the Mods notice.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Here's a thought about your rage quitter...
    The reason he claimed to be a PvP God and undefeated... is because he pulled that same BS on everyone who COULD beat him. And now you're taking it out on US because he pulled that BS on you.
    And you're proving us right when we talk about the toxic elements.
    On top of that, you're telling us not to judge you, yet you're judging us in basically the same way. So... um... we're not allowed to defend ourselves?

We have discussed the problems of PvP as it stands in detail recently. Raging at us over it is not going to solve anything, let alone solve the problem in question. Fact of the matter is Taris... you went into a PvP match with a Troll, and got Trolled. They most likely INTENDED to bug off to invalidate the match if it looked like they weren't just going to curbstomp you.
    There are people like that, who can't stand the thought of losing and will make up any excuse to avoid it. Insulting us is not going to solve the problem.

Well, I'm allowed to ask if rage quitters should be penalized. Despite the overblown complaining from people who disagree. You disagree with such a policy, fine, you don't fine. All this butthurt over simple question, no wonder people dislike forums. Debate turns into accusations, argument and abuse, which I only did in response to abuse, if you bothered to read the whole posting.
    edited August 2020
    edited August 2020
    edited August 2020
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Let's take a chill pill here.

@taris10005#5669 Let's do this. Since the rage quitting is also popping up in PvE as well, a problem we can all agree to that it's happening. You can see a post alluding to it on the list there.

What system would you suggest to punish said rage quitters? I mean, that's part of what the PvP discussion is about. Finding a system that has this, as well as being balanced.

Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited August 2020
  • kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    I for one can understand the problem.
    Haven't had it myself, but that does not mean, i do not get it.

When you're a casual, and you enter a TFO with super damage builds, for instance, or 'unkillable' builds (from the perspective of the casual), then yes.
    It can easily seem as cheating, simply due to the fact many casuals are not known with these uber builds.

Which brings me to a topic I have spoken about, but got neutered since no one wanted to hear about it.
    So, I won't touch that again.
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Drop the bickering and drop it now
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.