test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rage Quitting PvP Matches.

Seen the discussions on people quitting TFO missions and TFO ques, what about the irritating player who accepts a PvP match and then after losing a single round (with 29 to go for example), whines 'cheats' or 'lag' and then proceeds to leave the task force operation. Should PvP quitters get penalized for rage quitting like in other online games, or is STO a little lax when it comes to that kind of thing?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    They should, though I doubt it is actually effective. Considering the constant complains of "not doing enough dmg to register as participated" I think it is best not to touch anything at this moment.
    PVP is a broken and forgotten mess, add this to the list of much needed fixes.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Taris, you should know by now that the Iconians CAN'T go back in time to fix PVP.

It sounds like you're inviting innocents to PVP, slaughtering them, then are surprised when they leave? OK.
  • Options
    taris10005#5669 taris10005 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    1) Wait...there are PvP matches that have rounds?

2) Wait there are PvP TFO that have rounds?

3) Wait what other online games punish people quitting PvP? Let's see...every MOBA game I have ever played doesn't do that. At worst, you lose the match and can start a new one up...but most won't even count the match you quit unless you are in a ladder. Open world PvP games haven't punished ANYTHING related to PvP in ages now as that is a great way to end up with a dead game these days. And the few instanced PvP MMOs like this one...once again you quit, you can just start up your next match. So...really WHAT THE FRAK ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT...other than you wanna drive away even MORE people who may have otherwise be interested in PvP because you wanna FORCE curb stomping them 30 times in a row.

4) PvP is dead...because of YOU.

Its pretty clear to anyone who can read what I am saying. Rather go into a lengthy list, just type "Rage Quitting" into Youtube and you can see it for yourself. As for players being interested in STO PvP, that would increase if the devs brought out more counters to placates for example. As for point 4, more likely dead because of people like you who can't be bothered doing it, so stick to your TFOs and PvEs.
  • Options
    Taris, you should know by now that the Iconians CAN'T go back in time to fix PVP.

It sounds like you're inviting innocents to PVP, slaughtering them, then are surprised when they leave? OK.

'Innocents' The dude I fought runs around claiming he has never lost and is the PvP king, not some level 50 trying it out for the first time.
  • Options
    1) Wait...there are PvP matches that have rounds?

2) Wait there are PvP TFO that have rounds?

3) Wait what other online games punish people quitting PvP? Let's see...every MOBA game I have ever played doesn't do that. At worst, you lose the match and can start a new one up...but most won't even count the match you quit unless you are in a ladder. Open world PvP games haven't punished ANYTHING related to PvP in ages now as that is a great way to end up with a dead game these days. And the few instanced PvP MMOs like this one...once again you quit, you can just start up your next match. So...really WHAT THE FRAK ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT...other than you wanna drive away even MORE people who may have otherwise be interested in PvP because you wanna FORCE curb stomping them 30 times in a row.

4) PvP is dead...because of YOU.

Its pretty clear to anyone who can read what I am saying. Rather go into a lengthy list, just type "Rage Quitting" into Youtube and you can see it for yourself. As for players being interested in STO PvP, that would increase if the devs brought out more counters to placates for example. As for point 4, more likely dead because of people like you who can't be bothered doing it, so stick to your TFOs and PvEs.

Dude, I was the one who pointed out how zipcorts work in PvP to YOU. And I can counter placates and stealth just fine in PvP...because I have aux and sci skills when I PvP. Because I'm not a moron...unlike every PvPer who complains about placate and stealth because they take their massive DPS PvE ship into PvP and get wrecked.

Placate counters are limited and stealth can be countered, but I'm not like these morons who whine about how broken PvP is and never do it, neither am I like the fools who automatically assume everyone who plays PvP is some kind of egotistical psycho out to troll everyone. Secondly, I was referring to Ground PvP, it universally accepted that in space cloaking and placates are the norm.
  • Options

'Innocents' The dude I fought runs around claiming he has never lost and is the PvP king, not some level 50 trying it out for the first time.

So...you want a giant systemic change that will hurt ANY chance PvP has of growing by increasing toxicity of it because of ONE BLOODY PERSON?!? Yeah...totally reasonable.

'Toxicity'? What the hell are you babbling about, I bet you hang out on ESD zone chat. How about you ask people who play PvP about what changes they want instead of making assumptions.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    IMO, Taris sounds like just the PVP player others should avoid. At least from their responses to perfectly reasonable posts from other people.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I'd have to agree. This wasn't an attempt at civil discussion. This was looking for a forum fight.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'd have to agree. This wasn't an attempt at civil discussion. This was looking for a forum fight.

Yup, he tried this in the Incentive PvP thread. We just shut it down real quick.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options

So...you want a giant systemic change that will hurt ANY chance PvP has of growing by increasing toxicity of it because of ONE BLOODY PERSON?!? Yeah...totally reasonable.

'Toxicity'? What the hell are you babbling about, I bet you hang out on ESD zone chat. How about you ask people who play PvP about what changes they want instead of making assumptions.

Right...the person who complains about the feddie bears hangs out on ESD...right. Man do you ever get tired of being wrong? And why would you assume I don't PvP? Somebody who had to explain how to build a PvP build to you? Somebody who came up with a budget PvP build so newer players can get into it? Why would I care what the toxic as all hell part of the community that is left and drove away everyone else wants? YOU included in that group.

'Feddie bears?' WTF. If you don't care then why bother commenting. Just another game rager who tried and lost and now thinks the pvp community is all bad. As for your build, it failed. Seen your other condescending posts about this topic, stick to PvE, its obvious you dislike PvP, like most ragers do.
  • Options
    trennan wrote: »

Yup, he tried this in the Incentive PvP thread. We just shut it down real quick.

Yep, disagree with someone, throw tantrum. Typical game rager.
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »
    IMO, Taris sounds like just the PVP player others should avoid. At least from their responses to perfectly reasonable posts from other people.

You don't even know me so who are you to judge. Probably another rager with the same stereotypical assumptions about the PvP community. How about meeting and playing with the actual PvP community before making assumptions.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    'Toxicity' like when someone is trying out PvP for the first time in years (not new, nor a minimally geared toon... I just hadn't for a long time), with a highly developed character with an above-average PVE build (not a glass cannon one either).... gets alphastriked and spawncamped so badly that their weapons never even go through an entire cycle...

... then regears their toon to try to deal with that... including switching to a ship with higher HP...

... then goes in again and gets alphastriked and spawncamped just as badly. Literally dying again within reaction time of respawning FIVE TIMES IN A ROW.

THEN gets spammed with PMs for a half hour afterward, from one of the other players in the TFO, a stranger, who was ranting about the fact that EVERY other player in the PVP TFO did at least 20x their damage.... (the end-TFO scoreboard showed me at 24k total and everyone else at a half million or more) and therefore they must have a "trash rainbow build" and know nothing about shipbuilding. (Not that, you know, they never had a chance to fire even a single full volley and were never alive for more than five seconds at a time... it was actually a fully epiced phaser cannon build.)

It happens, as for the PM pestering, there is the ignore option, I know many PvPers use that when a certain rager constantly does what you're saying.
  • Options

No, you're wrong. it was a simple question as to opinion on rage quitting PvP matches, just like the recent forum about people leaving TFO ques,and that also turned into a rager's complaints forum.
  • Options

Right...the person who complains about the feddie bears hangs out on ESD...right. Man do you ever get tired of being wrong? And why would you assume I don't PvP? Somebody who had to explain how to build a PvP build to you? Somebody who came up with a budget PvP build so newer players can get into it? Why would I care what the toxic as all hell part of the community that is left and drove away everyone else wants? YOU included in that group.

'Feddie bears?' WTF. If you don't care then why bother commenting. Just another game rager who tried and lost and now thinks the pvp community is all bad. As for your build, it failed. Seen your other condescending posts about this topic, stick to PvE, its obvious you dislike PvP, like most ragers do.

Yeah...way to show off that the PvP community isn't all full of trash people...way to go there. And the worst part...you ain't even the worst of the bunch. You are more of a petulant child really...throwing a temper tantrum because the big mean PvE players don't agree with you. But instead of working to convince us, all you are doing is proving me right. So keep posting...keep proving me right. And no, I like PvP...I don't like toxic players like YOU.

I don't like trash ragers like you. I never said the PvP community was 'trash' and neither did I claim it was broken. You claim to be some kind of PvP legend but its clear you're just another pram shaking rager. I've played PvP many times and never encountered the people you've claimed to exist in PvP. As for PvE players disagreeing, well they can, i don't care, they are entitled to agree or disagree. Seems you have a problem when someone disagrees with you. As I said, just another rager.
  • Options
    You done complaining?
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User

Yeah...way to show off that the PvP community isn't all full of trash people...way to go there. And the worst part...you ain't even the worst of the bunch. You are more of a petulant child really...throwing a temper tantrum because the big mean PvE players don't agree with you. But instead of working to convince us, all you are doing is proving me right. So keep posting...keep proving me right. And no, I like PvP...I don't like toxic players like YOU.

I don't like trash ragers like you. I never said the PvP community was 'trash' and neither did I claim it was broken. You claim to be some kind of PvP legend but its clear you're just another pram shaking rager. I've played PvP many times and never encountered the people you've claimed to exist in PvP. As for PvE players disagreeing, well they can, i don't care, they are entitled to agree or disagree. Seems you have a problem when someone disagrees with you. As I said, just another rager.

Just keep digging...just keep digging...

"Looks down"

I think he has already dug himself through one planet in our Solar System. Looks like he is starting on another
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options

No, just curious as to if other players like people who quit, especially when a match is all agreed to. Nobody is forced to do PvP and I don't force people to do it, don't know of anyone who has forced players to do it.
  • Options
    foxman00 wrote: »

Just keep digging...just keep digging...

"Looks down"

I think he has already dug himself through one planet in our Solar System. Looks like he is starting on another

Typical rager. The reply is stupid and off topic.
  • Options
    'Toxicity' like when someone is trying out PvP for the first time in years (not new, nor a minimally geared toon... I just hadn't for a long time), with a highly developed character with an above-average PVE build (not a glass cannon one either).... gets alphastriked and spawncamped so badly that their weapons never even go through an entire cycle...

... then regears their toon to try to deal with that... including switching to a ship with higher HP...

... then goes in again and gets alphastriked and spawncamped just as badly. Literally dying again within reaction time of respawning FIVE TIMES IN A ROW.

THEN gets spammed with PMs for a half hour afterward, from one of the other players in the TFO, a stranger, who was ranting about the fact that EVERY other player in the PVP TFO did at least 20x their damage.... (the end-TFO scoreboard showed me at 24k total and everyone else at a half million or more) and therefore they must have a "trash rainbow build" and know nothing about shipbuilding. (Not that, you know, they never had a chance to fire even a single full volley and were never alive for more than five seconds at a time... it was actually a fully epiced phaser cannon build.)

It happens, as for the PM pestering, there is the ignore option, I know many PvPers use that when a certain rager constantly does what you're saying.

My actual POINT was the fact that "it happens" (meaning the parts before the PMs in that story) is why people are staying away from PVP in its present state. Alphastrikes and spawncamping are far, far, far too common and easy, and the victims are unlikely to keep coming back because there is no obvious solution to that problem.

Think about it: would you keep coming if you knew with 100% certainty that you will lose every time, and that you have no way to avoid that?

I've asked for help several times and the very very few times I got any answer other than "get good" or "keep trying you'll figure it out" or "you suck!" were suggestions of using traits from lockbox ships I can't afford, etcetera., or suggestions of using triggered effects which I can't because I'm literally not alive long enough to trigger them.

The attitude from you, and from the PMer in that story, are just the toxic icing on top of the dumpster fire that the current state of PVP is.

There IS NOT a way to fix PVP outside of the developers doing something to vastly reduce the capability of alphastriking and/or spawncamping.

So you've encountered a few bad players, it happens in every game, I've the same comments from other PvPers post match. If they get nasty, just tell them off. But not everyone who plays PvP is like that. I don't mean to sound harsh but you probably need to harden up.
This discussion has been closed.