test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crash to Desktop

So it says the update is finished. But I keep getting a crash to desktop. Anyone else getting this?

Comments

• Options
    alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Not getting the crash to desktop, but the first time I logged in after patching my computer hard crashed (requiring a manual wall socket "reboot" to clear it) while I was walking up to see the new model of Worf in First City.
    After that, server disconnects every 3-5 minutes. I know a fleet mate couldn't even move from the Drozana transporter pad without a server time-out hitting him.
  • Options
    kenlbenkenlben Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    So it says the update is finished. But I keep getting a crash to desktop. Anyone else getting this?

I crash at the Cryotic Screen as soon as soon as the progress bar appears
  • Options
    kenb70kenb70 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My game also crashes at the Cryptic loading screen.
  • Options
    makhaelekhaimakhaelekhai Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Reinstall doesn't fix it. Options given don't fix it.

Dafuq?!
  • Options
    frankythefly1frankythefly1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Don't know if it's related but my game was crashing to desktop after the House Divided patch. I checked the error's logs and I found one error saying that a file inside the .patch folder was corrupted. (...\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\.patch). So I deleted the content of that folder and when I restarted the game launcher it re-downloaded the patch and it fixed the ctd for me.
  • Options
    orian9#3776 orian9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I can't play at all. When it gets to the Cryptic page, I get this strange crash message... I've messaged support, but nothing is helping. Anybody have any suggestions?
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,012 Arc User
    I can't play at all. When it gets to the Cryptic page, I get this strange crash message... I've messaged support, but nothing is helping. Anybody have any suggestions?

Can't assist personally. But if you let us know on here what the strange crash message is, then someone may know.
  • Options
    antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I fixed the problem. Must have glitched with the patch. I had to restart my computer.
  • Options
    i10oxi10ox Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yes, there is a bug of some sort. The game dies silently at the end of the progress bar on the Cryptic banner screen, no crash report, no windows error : just a silent death.

Critical bug: cannot login
  • Options
    archangel2020archangel2020 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I;m having the same problem.

Press Engage
    Cryptic Screen
    Load bar to 70ish %
    CTD

ANyone got any ideas? Tried everything above.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,487 Arc User
    Have you tried in the Options section of the Star Trek Online game launcher, turning off On Demand Patching and turning on Force Verify click Save, let it patch the game files, and tried again? Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.