test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

U.S.S. Emmett Till

Just occurred to me that perhaps it would be timely to introduce this ship to the game soon.
https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/USS_Emmett_Till

I think I even remember a dev discussing in some podcast, (can't remember the details) that it would be included someday.
tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    It's been said many times before, but unless a ship has actually appeared in a show/movie(meaning CBS/Paramount actually owns the design) then they are going to have a lot of difficulty securing the rights. But hey, if they can then it would be great!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Well we have the Titan and the Vesta, so here's hoping.

I swear I heard something about the ship in some podcast. Maybe the dev said they would like to have the ship in the game someday. I honestly can't remember any of the details.

Just a random thought I had watching the news.

• Options
    Well we have the Titan and the Vesta, so here's hoping.

I swear I heard something about the ship in some podcast. Maybe the dev said they would like to have the ship in the game someday. I honestly can't remember any of the details.

Just a random thought I had watching the news.

I vaguely remember the same podcast/comments, although I think it was more along the lines of 'they would love to do it' (but no idea if actually possible.

Edit: found this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/a8i289/interesting_tidbits_from_priority_ones_interview/

Apparently the word is "might" :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    That's probably what I heard

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Well... we have the Somerville, which was originally from a comic book.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • Options
    madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Is this named after that little boy killed by a group of people because another person said he smiled at her or something?

(objectionable/vulgar material removed) - darkbladejk
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    madmopar wrote: »
    Is this named after that little boy killed by a group of people because another person said he smiled at her or something?

Yes, it is. And to that point,

great. now we bring the politics into the game....
    views are views, and this game is not a place for it, nor the forums.

The thing is, when they give a ship with a name like this it is pretty much intended evoke RL "social" discussion; there is almost no way to have a thread about the ship without that happening.

(objectionable/vulgar material removed from quotation) - darkbladejk

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    (objectionable material removed) - darkbladejk
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Politics? Are there people in favor of what happened to Emmett, and supportive of his murderers??
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    > @jonsills said:
    > Politics? Are there people in favor of what happened to Emmett, and supportive of his murderers??

His killers got off free so I'm thinking yes.
  • Options
    and thus the thread should be removed. unless they want to play the game of, you got this one, we get this one, etc etc...

You can be sure that the mods are reading this thread. But the fact that it is (currently) open means they (apparently) disagree with you. When you run into that situation, there is really nothing you can do about it.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Okay guys I don't normally do this but this is one of those rare times you are going to get an explanation as to why this thread is getting closed.

First up things were already starting to head towards the political side of things. real life political discussions are not permitted on this forum as they devolve into nothing but flame fests. If folks want to discuss the political side, they are free to do so, just not on this forum. Given where the name of the ship comes from, it will naturally get reactions from those who know the history of the name and where it comes from, especially in these times. I have left the references to where the ship name comes from so folks can see the historical facts behind the name for themselves, as it's history that should never be allowed to be forgotten. Due to the extremely sensitive nature of the history behind the name, I see no way it can be discussed on these forums without it devolving into flamethrowers all around. So in the mean time, until you hear differently from someone higher on the food chain than me, or I am given alternate instructions, please keep discussions of the ship limited to in-universe reasons as to why you do or don't want to see the ship in game. If folks are interested in the history of the name, you can advise them to google the name. Otherwise please keep all discussions of the ship related to the ship itself in Trek and in-universe explanations as to why you do or don't want the ship. If you can discuss the ship and why you do or don't want it based off in-universe explanations, future threads will stand.

With that said I am going to be bringing this thread to the attention of Cryptic because of the sensitive nature of the name itself. Finally on this, simply because myself or cohorts don't address a thread right away doesn't mean we don't see it or we have taken a side. /closed
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.