test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KIDD Drone Separation Does Not Work

randwulf0969randwulf0969 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
When I press the KIDD Drone Separation button in my tray the Master KIDD Drone despawns but the three little KIDD Drones do not usually spawn. I've only seen them once in the Pahvo ground TFO. The rest of the time, nothing. I've tried on Nimbus III, Nukara, and Defera Invasion Zone. .
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I can second that sometimes 3 pieces show from somewhere after a while and then nothing really happens other then that they despawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVU6z5fv6Q8
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    mudeslide#8337 mudeslide Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Same problem on console. Once activated it disappears. And nothing happens.
  • Options
    stenor#4573 stenor Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    While doing Pahvo Dissension I had that drone suddenly spawn (with the same yellow/reddish Terran animation) right next to me, several times. I was alone in that area as well, and I didn't have the module equipped.
  • Options
    minyaksayurminyaksayur Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    yep it doesn't work

url]
  • Options
    minyaksayurminyaksayur Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    yep it doesn't work

https://youtu.be/XQCmzAMrIHI
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    I tested the KIDD drone module on a solo player mission and Pahvo ground team mission.
    The seperation mode worked as expected when solo, but when I commanded the drone to seperate during the team mission, it just disppeared.

In the solo mission, the KIDD drone did nothing when not seperated, but in the team mission, it fired what looked like twin turret bolts of energy.

I am uncertain if it is working properly.

Are you KIDDing me?
    Someone had to say it. :p

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2020
  • Options
    jackbones39jackbones39 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Still not working for me after the patch
  • Options
    randwulf0969randwulf0969 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Yeah, Still not working correctly!
  • Options
    jackbones39jackbones39 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Just got a reply on a bug report to tell me it is fixed and it is not. Still the same separation issue.
  • Options
    stenor#4573 stenor Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    This has been acknowledged on reddit by one of the devs, as still being an issue.
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    strathkin wrote: »
    Fixed in tomorrow's patch on 5/14. :)
    Nope, still not working. Just as expected.

• Options
    furyofthefugafuryofthefuga Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Chiming in that I’m seeing this issue, too.
  • Options
    charlesdonovancharlesdonovan Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    In Pahvo mine disappears when the separation button is activated. A couple of times I see floating names for the anticipated pieces but even their ghost forms do not participate in helping me.
  • Options
    toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    here to nimbus a little peng peng from drone in energy saver mode
    press seperation and gone is she

rumors say she comes back far away on the map

gentleman from the game masters
    that is a thing what never had to pass something called quality control
    so who was it wich had test that thing bevor entering the game and say its ok ????
  • Options
    nwhaley74#1740 nwhaley74 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Same here, I go to separate the drone, and poof, gone with the wind.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Vanishes the moment separation is activated in voth BZ, every time. yeah.

Works fine on single player stuff, but get into BZs or queues when you NEED it, and it's gone.
  • Options
    manileraimanilerai Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    toraknu wrote: »

I didn't believe this at first. I was sure it was just failing to do anything but despawn the 'master'...

But no; opened my map while on Nimbus (slightly north of town), hit the seperation button.... and 3 green "ally" indicators appeared by the satellite dish - racing towards my position (but 30 seconds isn't long enough for them to reach half-way from that distance.)

Ok, I thought - something's janky with the drones pulling location data on Nimbus, and they spawn at a 'default' location, maybe? I run to the sattelite, approximately where i say the drones on my map, hit seperate, and... they spawn in town (roughly in the back corner by "The LAW"'s house.

So the drones seem to request the player's location so that they can spawn on you - but either there are TWO different sets of coordinate data and the drones are pulling from the wrong one - or the location data is being modified somehow (Integer overflow?) that just completely screws up their position relative to the player. Or maybe they get the object ID they are supposed to spawn next to wrong?
  • Options
    furyofthefugafuryofthefuga Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    Based on the comments left here, it seems the KIDD drone is pulling random player locations to spawn at vs its owner's location. Twice while I was on Defera the other day, I had 1 piece (different piece each time) of someone else's KIDD drone spawn by me and then go running off.

I'm wondering why this isn't fixed, yet? This was an event reward that some people obviously paid money for. I get that things may be more difficult right now with the pandemic and social isolation and all that, but it's been a month already. And it's not like this drone is "old code that nobody understands"....
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It's new code that nobody understands... ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    blackgold74blackgold74 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Kidd drones are still broken months later, right?
  • Options
    crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Kidd drones are still broken months later, right?

and they continue to be.
    manilerai wrote: »
    toraknu wrote: »

I didn't believe this at first. I was sure it was just failing to do anything but despawn the 'master'...

But no; opened my map while on Nimbus (slightly north of town), hit the seperation button.... and 3 green "ally" indicators appeared by the satellite dish - racing towards my position (but 30 seconds isn't long enough for them to reach half-way from that distance.)

Ok, I thought - something's janky with the drones pulling location data on Nimbus, and they spawn at a 'default' location, maybe? I run to the sattelite, approximately where i say the drones on my map, hit seperate, and... they spawn in town (roughly in the back corner by "The LAW"'s house.

So the drones seem to request the player's location so that they can spawn on you - but either there are TWO different sets of coordinate data and the drones are pulling from the wrong one - or the location data is being modified somehow (Integer overflow?) that just completely screws up their position relative to the player. Or maybe they get the object ID they are supposed to spawn next to wrong?

I think you're close to the idea, but I don't think it's a random location. I think it's confused about who its owner is or more likely, where its owner is.

I really wish I could look at the code, but I expect that it's reappearing at another player's location. If you started a private ground instance with a couple other players that you knew and did some testing, I expect you'd find that it's either spawning on a random player or on a single specific player. The reference to the owner or their location may be screwed up and it's grabbing "the player" or "a player" and not always getting its owner.

Kidd drone seems to have no issues on queues where everyone is together. I think this is because when it chooses that random player to spawn on, all the players are right there and you don't notice. Battle/adventure zones? Players are all over the place and I imagine if you could get them all to stand in the same place and fire off your kidd drone it'd appear right there in the group.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Also really annoying that you can never turn them off, especially in social zones where they're frikkin everywhere. >_<
    1xe027q.png