test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan faction Mission: Reinforcements cannot be finished

goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
On a whim I took my new Romulan to see the DOFF officer on New Romulus, Centurion Velaar, to see if she could give me the Reinforcements mission. She did! She told me to go talk to Captain Jarol at the Fed Embassy but the mission itself says to talk to Commander Rojal to get a Reman (I think) female named T'ress who is a System Maintenance officer and appears to have the same active officer trait as the Exocomp or Kazan.

A circle IS in the Command center but there is no Commander Rojal to be found - inside or outside the circle. I scoured all of the Command Center. and also warped over to Sol and tried talking to Captain Jarol. He could not help me either.

I submitted a GM ticket but, as usual, they can't help me with it (I mean seriously, do they have any in-game tools at all?). He suggested I post here so, I am. I think this is a good QOL change for Romulan characters, if it worked, and I look forward to finally meeting Commander Rojal some day.

Thanks.

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    T'Ress Maintenance Doff from Commander Rojal for the Junior Officers Appreciation Weekend Event in the New Romulus Command.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/8j590a/have_you_seen_me/

This will never occur. Rojal will never be put there. It has been like this for just over six years. Their original plan was to give the Romulans their own Maintenance Doff (T'Ress) but never implemented Rojal to get the Doff. They instead want you to get the Maintenance Doff from your Allied Faction.

This problem with Rojal was done away with years ago as they hid this Mission from ever appearing to begin with. Earlier this year with the start of these frequent Junior Officer Weekend Events to push an alternative to Infinity R&D Promotions, the Mission somehow got re-added in its incomplete state and hasn't been fixed by taking it back out.

One of my Romulan Characters still has the six year old Mission in the Mission Log, never to be completed.

Go to your Allied Faction's Academy and get that Mission and that Maintenance Doff.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    That is extremely disappointing but thanks... I guess.
  • norpeimipsinorpeimipsi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    This is NOT right , when you are a friend of Klingon .
    I have been in Klingon Academie , but the NBC " LAROJ " is not able to talk with . Even after travel to New Romolus , I can see the Area wher " Commander Rojal " should be ( but there is no NBC like you have written ) . In further Years it was possible to get the reward form Klingon Academy , but Klingons are not intresting for STO .
    Even a loggout did not bring anything . So NO-FED Charakters have bad luck .... again
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The T'Ress Mission you get from Centurion Velaar is invalid and cannot be completed with Laroj at the Qo'noS Klingon Academy. You need to get the Kazan (a Reman Maintenance Engineer) Mission at the Klingon Academy with Laroj to begin with and end with Laroj. Drop the T'Ress Mission first.

Commander Rojal, is not and has never been on the Map, since this first appeared, 6 years ago. I never said Commander Rojal was there. He was meant to be but never was.

This applies the same with a Fed-aligned Romulan. Can only get the Exocomp Doff from Joral at Starfleet Academy.

Also, you may only get one of these and they are NOT Reclaimable.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns