test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vote for the 2020 Summer Ship!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
The drawing streams are over, and now it's time to cast your vote! Which of these four designs do you want to be the 2020 Summer Ship in Star Trek Online?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11419073

Comments

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I really like these designs, it was hard to figure which one I'd rather have over the others.

If we go for ambassadorkael's design, I'd recommend dolphin based designed research vessels/subs which help scan surrounding areas, as well as provide defence by way of Reverse-Polarity RADAR (instead of a SONAR-type attack), which reduces enemy accuracy. :)
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Some nice designs there. Still, my vote had to go to the Macross-style ship with the environment-containing dome.
  • Options
    hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Oh no #1 is N.I.C.E! Gimme them Hydro-Foils!! Or Subspace-Foils! Gimme,Gimme,Gimme!
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    All are cool looking, but it came down to between 1 and 2 for me. I ultimately went with 2, since it was more different from the existing Risian corvette.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    1 and 4 for me i went with 1.
  • Options
    captainrc1captainrc1 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    To be honest... the choice for me is extremely difficult. They ALL look good to me. Your designers did an excellent job. However... it looks like I'll be going with #1.
    msivh34y8fiv.jpg
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • Options
    yeswecantyeswecant Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Eeeeh guys, when i try to click on "Click here to watch the videos!", I get youtube telling me "oops, something went wrong". Can one of you guys help me out?
  • Options
    warriorviperwarriorviper Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I like all of them, but my vote is for # 3.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    #4 cuz I really liked Mike's yellow submarine design. B)
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    They all seem pretty bad to me and little kids in kindergarten would draw better. The fourth option looks at least a little like Captain Proton's ship.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I was thinking that the forth one was similar to Flash Gordon cartoon back in the 80s.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Plot hook: Risians beam over some aliens to their mobile habitat. It's a small sample of what Risa is, and what it has to offer. The aliens immediately covet what they see and want it for themselves. The next thing you know, Risa is being invaded by hostile marauders looking to take the planet by force!

Or something like that. Anyways:
    9f1b1df1a5cf66a1d2bdb8b84dadcc701587594469.png
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    3 looks great I hope people vote for it.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I like 1 and 3, but 1 is by far my favorite.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Have to say, the concept art is nice. I'd fly any of them, but had to vote for number 1.
    yeswecant wrote: »
    Eeeeh guys, when i try to click on "Click here to watch the videos!", I get youtube telling me "oops, something went wrong". Can one of you guys help me out?

Here's their Youtube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPTvHq7oS8flZUA37Fu1zWA
    And here's there Twitch page:
    https://www.twitch.tv/crypticstudios/videos

The Ten Forward Weekly videos are streamed live on Twitch first then uploaded to Youtube later, and there's a new one about the new Akira model, that I'll have to watch later. Watching the videos via Twitch on a computer, you could also see the comments people were making as the video was being streamed.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Ship 1 by NICK DUGUID! Those scooped engines, fins, it's a rocket boat!
    Oh no #1 is N.I.C.E! Gimme them Hydro-Foils!! Or Subspace-Foils! Gimme,Gimme,Gimme!
    Indeed!
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    The directional sensor array/deflector dish should have been put on the second ship.

Great for a subtle nod to Spaceballs.

"The RADAR is jammed!"

"Raspberry jam! Only one man would dare give me the raspberry..., Lone Star!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGvblGCD7qM
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    No.1: Reminds me of the hydrofoil from an old cartoon... Godzilla? Google search... Damn my brain is full of useless junk. :D
    33efe492-cce4-43fc-9078-44e19f8d5b72.jpg

No.2: Interesting... fits with the party cruiser motif. But seems WAY too big if that's a freaking mountain in there!

No.3: Hang-gliding frog with googly eyes? Sorry, that's just what I see.

No.4: Mechanical Space Whale. Benthan globe things or 'outside' recreation areas on top?

I choose No.1. It's got a sleekness that works even with the hydrofoil things on the sides.
    (Honestly, I'd have been happy with a T6 version of the Party Cruiser.)
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I think I'd get bored with most of these designs pretty quickly, 3 is the only one which stands out for me.
  • Options
    shibowshibow Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I liked #1 and #4, i just liked #1 a teensy bit more so i voted for #1. #4 looks to be better suited for submersion in the water imho.
  • Options
    midevilchaos#4670 midevilchaos Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    #1 all the way.

Btw, the "VOTE HERE!" button does not work on the other page. Not sure if that was supposed to lead somewhere or to a poll.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I like the second one best!
  • Options
    aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    I like the second one best!

Me too!
  • Options
    velrennvelrenn Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    #1 has the most identifiable Trek elements, but the dome biosphere concept of #2 is too interesting to pass, and it got my vote.
    IDIC is the spice of life.
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Umm none? there all horrible, can we get new options??
  • Options
    ortikantortikant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    felderburg wrote: »
    All are cool looking, but it came down to between 1 and 2 for me. I ultimately went with 2 (...).
    Same here, was a tough choice, though. The dome won me over.
    pmuvj73Aj
This discussion has been closed.