test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Summer ship

e3241e3241 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
https://www.pinterest.com/amp/don_creek/startrek/
Fed/romulan Star ship! We need this in the game!! Please take take this into consideration!

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Maybe for Summer 2021. This year will be a Risan Science ship that we can vote for just like what they did for the 2017 Anniversary Event with the Lukari ship.
  • Options
    Why would you ever want a Federation/Romulan joint effort on a Starship? Romulans having access to the very core of the Federations database and archives will give the Romulans that much more incentive to destroy the Federation from the inside. With the Romulans obtaining Borg technology, both species of whom are bent on destroying the Federation would use such a ship for just such a purpose.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The Tal Shiar might, but not the Republic.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    christophe2#4898 christophe2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    As someone who plays a Romulan Republic Admiral, I would love to see a Romulan/Starfleet collaboration as both tend to design ships that are elegant in nature. a Starfleet type of nacelles with a Romulan wing and Bird head type with interchangeable to a more Starfleet look so both Starfleet and Romulan players can have a choice would be a great choice in my opinion.

I do 3D modeling myself and have made ships for FreeSpace, Freespace 2 series of games which I still love to do. I have done many textures for various games over the years and I WISH Star Trek Online would let members make texture...or skins for our ships as some of the current examples are low quality textures.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I would rather they just update the textures of the skins that we already have.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Aren't all of those fan/EU designs and thus out of bounds of Cryptic anyway and letting fans texture/model things for the game is a legal minefield that's never gonna happen.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Aren't all of those fan/EU designs and thus out of bounds of Cryptic anyway and letting fans texture/model things for the game is a legal minefield that's never gonna happen.

Cryptic has to go through too much legal pain to contemplate doing another Fan contest or EU design ever again. The closest we will get is the Jupiter, Lukari, and the current Summer ship contest where the devs create a bunch of designs and we vote for the 'best' ship. Of course, there is the possibility that some fan design or EU design becomes part of a Star Trek show and we get it due to it now being a canon ship and no longer a fan/EU design.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Pretty sure we CAN get an updated Luna, as the ship is already in game, but it took a LOT of work to be able to use the Vesta.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Pretty sure we CAN get an updated Luna, as the ship is already in game, but it took a LOT of work to be able to use the Vesta.

If they did do a T6 RSV I would definitely get it, it is one of the few Federation ships I like (though the Sol-class rather than the Luna class itself).
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    I assume the OP is talking something vaguely like this

peregrine_sheet1_3-view.jpg
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    an exact copy isn't doable no, but something along those general lines with maybe an oddessy styled hull and nacelles could work
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User

That would actually be a good start. Now broaden those pylons (and maybe add a little texturing on the aft surface) to make them better resemble wings, and maybe widen that aft end a touch...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    jonsills wrote: »

That would actually be a good start. Now broaden those pylons (and maybe add a little texturing on the aft surface) to make them better resemble wings, and maybe widen that aft end a touch...

Another good version would be to make the engineering section less angular, make it flow with organic curves into a warp ring (whole or interrupted type) like the Romulan MMEs instead of nacelles.

A similar idea would be to start out with a Fed Sol-class RSV, make the secondary hull flow out into a Romulan style with an interrupted annular warp drive to make a sort of dragon-like look.

Or they could combine the two above and come up with a sort of reverse manta ray look, though I think one of the aliens already does something like that.