test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Return to the game. Is there still my character?

artemida82artemida82 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
I left STO a year ago, removed everything from my PC. Now I would like to come back to the game. But the question that bothers me is: have my characters and their progress in the game been preserved, or has everything been deleted? Thank you for answer. Your Victoria.
tumblr_inline_oomvjpBt8H1qjixz5_500.gif

Writer and Author: victoriakanakaredes.webnode.cz

"On the world is only one good, and it's knowledge. And is only one evil, and that is ignorance."
(Socrates)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Everything should still be there, unless you tossed stuff out the airlock. If you tossed or sold the shard of possibilities, it's gone.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Everything is stored on Cryptic's servers.

With the possible exception of things like ship tailor savings. If you go to a ship tailor, enter the visual adaptation screen, then hit cancel without changing anything and talk to the guy again.

It may automatically reload your ship's current costume then.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    If you unistalled, or new comp with a fresh install, unless you saved your outfits else where, that's really all you'll have to redo.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    Thank you for yours answers. Game remember all my toons account. But I have a new big issue in the game:
    I really don't know what's wrong with the setup. However, the cursor arrow reacts with the buttons on the monitor from a distance of about 5 centimeters. In addition, it is often necessary to literally gently move the cursor across the screen to find where the button on the monitor lights up actively. Examples: Settings, a small game control window located in the top right corner, etc .. Can anyone advise please? :(

"On the world is only one good, and it's knowledge. And is only one evil, and that is ignorance."
    (Socrates)
  • Options
    artemida82 wrote: »
    Thank you for yours answers. Game remember all my toons account. But I have a new big issue in the game:
    I really don't know what's wrong with the setup. However, the cursor arrow reacts with the buttons on the monitor from a distance of about 5 centimeters. In addition, it is often necessary to literally gently move the cursor across the screen to find where the button on the monitor lights up actively. Examples: Settings, a small game control window located in the top right corner, etc .. Can anyone advise please? :(

Sounds like an aspect ratio problem. Check you graphics setting, make sure it set to the aspect ratio of your monitor.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    trennan wrote: »
    artemida82 wrote: »

Sounds like an aspect ratio problem. Check you graphics setting, make sure it set to the aspect ratio of your monitor.

I thank you very much for the time you spend on me. But I'm completely confused about the Ratio setting. There are many options of what and how to set. And since I have to find a place on the desktop with the cursor that will react with this or that button on the monitor, it is a totally overwhelming vision for me. :( I'm afraid I'm getting old for this game. And even though I speak English quite well, I am beginning to get lost in technical terms. :'(

(Socrates)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    You should be able to do it by finding the resolution of your monitor (mine is 1366x768 for example), then go to the game menu and set the game graphics to the same number.

You can find out what your system uses by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting "display settings", the number should be about halfway down the page and will be in the format of NUMBERxNUMBER. Do not change the one there though, just remember what the numbers are and then start the game and make sure the game is using the same ones.
  • Options
    And if you need to find out what the resolution of your monitor is. Open up Cortana, type in system information, in this window on the left click the + for Components to expand it, and the click Display. Then read the information on the right until you see Resolution, match the numbers up in your ingame display setting to that, as @phoenixc mentioned.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.