test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 3/19/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 3/19 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Systems:

= Removed the EC cost associated with altering the Name and Registry of player starships.

Not that i ever really rename my ships after choosing its designation, but i am sure many will be pleased to see that go.. thanks ;)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    a new doff bundle? ooohhh….
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm glad that the EC cost for the ship names/registry was eliminated. I know I've made a few blunders renaming ships with the free first rename, so this helps :)

Plus, if we wanted a temporary ship name change, for let's say a holiday/special event, we can do so without worry about spending EC to change the name and then change it back again afterwards.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Moved the bonus prize in the Gamma pack of 4 fleet modules out and replaced it with the Tuffli Class Freighter.

What's this mean?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Moved the bonus prize in the Gamma pack of 4 fleet modules out and replaced it with the Tuffli Class Freighter.

What's this mean?

I'm thinking that's meant to mean that they're removing the four fleet modules you could get as a bonus in that pack and replacing it with the freighter. It IS worded kinda weird...
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, and by removing the Fleet Modules Bonus from the Delta Pack increasing the chances of those very stupidly rare Space Traits.

They could also toss those Embassy/Mine Fleet Provisions as they are utterly worthless now that you can't even recycle them for EC.

If you are going to increase the price of these Doff Packs, you should at least Guarantee a VR Doff.

I venture to guess that their last Promotion where they had both R&D and Duty Officer Packs have the Promotion wrapper, that the sales of the Duty Officers far outweighed the R&D sales. They may concentrate more on doing the Promotions with the Duty Officers instead.

Now with a sale during the Promotion the 20% off of 300 will net 240 rather than the 220 with the 20% off of 275. The Bundle will probably provide a discount back to near the old prices per Pack.

No fixes for all the UI display anomalies since the UI Performance improvements they made last week.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Cryptic is raising the price of DOFF items? With the virus shutdown both nationwide in the U.S. and globally, raising the price of items is not the best idea at this time. Many people are already hurting financially from this pandemic. Increase spending on a game compared to spending on meds, doc appointments, and items & utilities needed to survive could anger a lot of people. Cryptic should wait until the pandemic is under control increase prices.
  • Options
    axegaijin13axegaijin13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    How about you guys actually patch stuff? like this mission that has been bugged since the November 12th;
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1252133/temporal-reckoning-i-s-s-enterprise-bug/p1
  • Options
    northerlights#5985 northerlights Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    How about you guys actually patch stuff? like this mission that has been bugged since the November 12th;
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1252133/temporal-reckoning-i-s-s-enterprise-bug/p1

yeah i know i have been trying for like a week now to beat that mission. i gave up cause all i would do is chase the iss enterprise. get a few shots in just for it to speed away and gain back its health. no reason why this should still be in the game for that long

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User

Keep in mind they are operating under pandemic conditions. So what they are able to patch maybe affected. As well as the fixes are not ready yet to be deployed in this patch.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Thanks for the updates and one fix, Cryptic!
    Post edited by sthe91 on
  • Options
    gsundered11gsundered11 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

Keep in mind they are operating under pandemic conditions. So what they are able to patch maybe affected. As well as the fixes are not ready yet to be deployed in this patch.

Not in the preceding months they weren't
  • Options
    lordconn#9249 lordconn Member Posts: 50 Arc User

yeah i know i have been trying for like a week now to beat that mission. i gave up cause all i would do is chase the iss enterprise. get a few shots in just for it to speed away and gain back its health. no reason why this should still be in the game for that long

I drew that mission yesterday and managed to finally beat it. It took a long time, but I eventually got my reinforcements all in one place, and hit her with everything we had. Phaser platforms, shuttles, anything I could find with a punch. At this point she started moving very slowly and we just picked her apart. There was no cut scene, no last message from Leata, just a flash "you have completed temporal reckoning or whatever that phase is called and left the system, on to Ragnarok.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User

Sometimes a fix takes longer to implement than others. Just have patience and it will be fixed. Annoying as it is. The devs have to first location the actual problem. Come up with a fix. Test it. See if the fix doesn't break anything else. Then release the patch. Over the years. some fixes took up to 6 months to get implemented, not because they couldn't fix something quickly. Because the devs take pride in fixing things.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    sthe91 wrote: »

Not in the preceding months they weren't

Did you read my whole post? I said the fixes might not be ready yet to be deployed in this patch. I am also factoring in what I just said above as well as what eazzie said above.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Short & sweet patch notes. Seems an emphasis is on the DOFF Pack gambling/randomness.

This was never a significant hindrance, but is nice of Cryptic: Removed the EC cost associated with altering the Name and Registry of player starships.

Not too sure if all of the randomness/gambling DOFF Packs are better with these recent changes, but this seems like a nice addition too: Created a Duty Officer bundle which has 1 of each of the 4 themed doff packs in them for a discounted price.

If, & that's IF, the removal of the Fleet Ship Modules increase the odds of the top prize I suppose that's good, but since the odds aren't published who knows. Also, am I correct in remembering that Store DOFF Packs are now were 275z but are now 300z? The lack of appeal to me about buying DOFF Packs are the uncertainty of DOFFs I'd be getting & the lousy odds of winning a big prize.
  • Options
    drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    So I have a question then. Some duty officers were very, very good and important for some builds in the reinforcements pack. Anyone know of any way to get them without the reinforcements pack?

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Added an Uncommon and Rare Duty Officer to each of the 4 themed packs mentioned above so they give out 4 common, 3 uncommon, and 1 rare along with their bonus item.

These have a chance for a higher quality so you should never see more than 4 common and you should always get 9 Duty Officers total.

4+3+1=9 ? :/

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Oh it's always nice to see them updating or revising Duty Officer's

It would be nice to see something on this soon! :smile:
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    duasyn wrote: »
    Added an Uncommon and Rare Duty Officer to each of the 4 themed packs mentioned above so they give out 4 common, 3 uncommon, and 1 rare along with their bonus item.

These have a chance for a higher quality so you should never see more than 4 common and you should always get 9 Duty Officers total.

4+3+1=9 ? :/

They are counting the bonus item but yes it should be 8 DOFFs not 9 in total. Unless the bonus item is also a DOFF.
  • Options
    drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    > @sthe91 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > They are counting the bonus item but yes it should be 8 DOFFs not 9 in total. Unless the bonus item is also a DOFF.

People sux at hard maths. :)

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
  • Options
    christophe2#4898 christophe2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

When I played that, I too could not fight to win no matter what I did. I even had brought in some Pirate and Romulan ships on call to help...no dice! The only way I beat it...sorta was to keep playing until it stopped and went to the surrender spot and the mission was over after that. Kinda a cop-out ya know. One mission I gave up on was to help the Tal-shire with a Borg cube. You beam over, help set 5 charges. Only 4 work and the first one on your left when you beam over is miss placed inside a wall and no way to do anything to it. I hear it's been like that for ages now.
This discussion has been closed.