test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Invalid Username or Password" after Steam-Arc Link

joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
So I had had no problems whatsoever after the initial link-up between Steam and Arc; I ran the launcher in Steam, it loaded up without prompting me for my password as it already had it... I watched for the patch if there was one, I hit "Engage". This afternoon, however, I got an "invalid username or password" running the launcher, even though - and I checked - I had not changed the password. Logged in as normal with my password, game works as usual.

So... what's up?
TW1sr57.jpg
"There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010

Comments

• joeraikagejoeraikage Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    looks like I'm not the only one, happens to me as well, but I can play normally though..
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    joeraikage wrote: »
    looks like I'm not the only one, happens to me as well, but I can play normally though..

Yeah, I can play just fine, but it's gone in 24 hours from auto-logging me to "the right password is WRONG!". I was worried I got TRIBBLE!

EDIT: Hey, wait a tick... that word you use for someone breaking into your account gets TRIBBLE'd? What's up with that?
    TW1sr57.jpg

• darkspeakerdarkspeaker Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Same issue here. They messed up something with the account server for the Steam link when they had that issue earlier today.
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Same problem here... though in answer to Joshmaul, it probably *is* due to tribbles.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Same issue here. (account previously successfully linked, then now having again to type password, as having "invalid username or password" error. successful login and play after typing the password manually each time.)

It's since the 5/3's patch AFAIK. I have no problem with the need of typing the password, though. I can play as before.

I can only speculate: Could be they tried to further unlink the successfully linked accounts as well? (I'd personally would rather complete unlinking and deleting of all info gained that way, but, well.)
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Same issue here.

Auto login via Steam no longer works: „Invalid username or password“.
    Regular login works just fine.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Same issue here.. lame. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • s10ecpunut#1436 s10ecpunut Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Any news on this being corrected yet?
  • xelmaster12xelmaster12 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I have the same problem, in the launcher when I try to log in, it releases the messages of cannot connect to the authentication server and / or the user is invalid
  • lovobo2k3lovobo2k3 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    i am having this as well. it seems there are only TRIBBLE working on the launcher, first the desaster that ppl didnt recived the email for the 2fa and now 2fa was working finally, after the users came up with a workaround themself.

they fkd up again.

i basically need to login 2 times, the first one isnt working and the 2nd does.
  • rast3rman#9798 rast3rman Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Still not able to log in have ticket in.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Ditto
    Auto login via Steam no longer works and gives a "Invalid username or password" message each time.
    It also gives the option to just do a regular login which works just fine.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    Same issue here. It was definitely after the first patch post arc-steam linking that it seemed to break. Was working fine initially.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    No status update?
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • redwatchmanredwatchman Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I'm also having this issue. It's no big deal, but their servers will be getting one invalid password hit every time I try to login.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I'm also having this issue. It's no big deal, but their servers will be getting one invalid password hit every time I try to login.

That's what worries me, too - that eventually I'll get hit with a lockout.
    TW1sr57.jpg

• wadijuice#2026 wadijuice Member Posts: 1 New User
    I CAN'T LOG IN!!! I must have changed the passwords over a dozen times, and for some reason using my email I can sign in but, and I really love this one, once I am at the character screen it says that I have an invalid username or password and it all started at STEAM. So, I figured I switch to Arc, this is after the first half of dozen password changes at STEAM!!! Sometimes I think that they are trying to live up to their name at MY expense. Regardless of the agenda, after I have switched to Arc the problem remained. So here I go again half more dozen times at the password change and guess what? NOTHING....Same old thing, reinstalled, re-patched, re-changed and I get nothing. So I say HELL it must be the CORONA virus for some bio-circuits like those bio-neural gel packs on Voyager, WHATEVER!!! I just started looking for a real person to call and resolve the issue, I mean after HUNDREDS of dollars and days spent on the game someone must be out there to help with this seemingly simple issue, and what do I get? THIS!!! A forum, for someone to listen to this like a shrink hearing my babble on about my simple account issue that probably was TRIBBLE ending up in this irritable state writing a paragraph about it. Yeah, flag this, I don't care, JUST FIX MY LOG IN PROBLEM!!! Thank you for your time.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    joshmaul wrote: »

That's what worries me, too - that eventually I'll get hit with a lockout.
    From what I've heard Cryptic is aware of the issue so we shouldn't get issues due to this, however I can't be certain.
  • lovobo2k3lovobo2k3 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    i had a chat with support now for a few weeks ... turns out, they can do nothing - what a suprise. they are working on it - at least it was told so. and 2fa was disabled as well as the steam linking. thats why some may still have the error message the login or password is incorrect, while putting in the usual password then works fine.

and this is exactly the part i hate with cryptic. no transpereny at all, now news regarding the problem - nothing. the users have to ask the support - now ownder the support cant handle the flood of tickets.
  • schuffydschuffyd Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I have changed the PW several times on the website everything seem fine but cannot sign in into STO, So what's the step by step instructions?

• sakamulia#9732 sakamulia Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi all, I'm having the same issue and I haven't even played the game yet. Only just downloaded and installed today and was looking forward to having something to occupy the covid-isolation. Oh well. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Will there be an email for those of us who are locked out? Ideally explaining what happened and what we need to do.
  • sakamulia#9732 sakamulia Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi again, I tried my email instead of account username and it worked. Logging in now. Wish me luck .... Oh it's downloading a patch ....