Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 2/27/20

13»

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    squidjoe wrote: »
    Well, seems to me the only Admiralty project worth doing, now is the Romulan, but I bet there's a "fix" coming for that, too. Aside from all of that, I didn't see anything about the New Romulus Warehouse being fixed. It's been bugged for a month, now. But, hey, making it harder for you not to have to swipe your credit card is the important thing.

Well I think it was a long over due change, especially given there were 2 admiralty, that awarded 30k Dilithium!

I think it was nice they increased the Klingon out to 40k Fleet Dilithium voucher's, and may help many fleet's perhaps see a slight increase in DIL donations--especially for smaller fleets.

I understand it likely also made sense they changed the Ferengi Admiralty to award a Bonus Pool, as the DZE was getting a little too high a little too often in the last several months. I think we'll see this make a rather large change in the ratio especially as more become aware there either having to work a bit more for their DIL or evolve.

Just in the first few hours the DZE had dropped down from 458:1 to now almost 425:1 and I suspect as more become aware we'll continue to see this trend normalize toward more 'typical' ranges we've been used to in STO.

Still I think this is a good thing, because DIL should be considered a very highly prized commodity!

Those who give up Dilithium shouldn't get nothing for something they've worked hard to earn and build up. Especially if they are forgoing several necessary upgrades to Gear, Items, Equipment, not to mention possible purchase of Reputation or other items as well. It was a necessary correction for sure!

:)
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

like the changes for the most part. no 100% happy on admiralty but i can do 3 things same as the legendary ship pack.

1. Rage post and get super mad and quit.
    2. Rage post and get super mad then say the hell with it and get out the little plastic card.
    3. Deal with it in an adult manner and move along and enjoy the game.

In this case il go with option 3. As for the legendary ship one i opted for option 2.

I go with #3, since I am fine, either way, with how admiralty goes.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Increasing the stack size in the R&D tab was long overdue, though I wouldn't hold my breath on it being rolled out much past that since it would remove the need to buy more inventory/bank slots. Though if there was a way to buy more R&D inv slots I;m sure it would have been implemented. Until now I was managing by offloading full stacks onto more junior characters that had a lot more room. This would have been more welcome during the anniversary event for obvious reasons.
    laughinxan wrote: »
    For the record, 350 was my limit for buying zen with dil. After getting my job i saw it also inflating more and more I stopped buying zen with dil and started selling zen for dil.
    The only reason to sell Zen is when the rate is high so that when it drops you then can buy more of it. Sell high, buy low.

That was easier during the days when the Phoenix pack was only available occasionally since whenever the rate got too high (like with a major content release), a Phoenix event would drive it back down.

I agree that the changes to the admiralty system are a MAJOR downgrade, and calling it a bonus event is just rubbing salt in the wound since most players would have max campaign XP anyway.

What this will do is remove 60,000 dilithium ore every 10 days, on average 6,000 per day. To make up for this shortfall I'm going to have to go back to the DOFF system. This will favour KDF characters over Federation ones, though it will take more legwork and time in exchange. When you're cycling through a dozen characters each day this problem is magnified by an order of magnitude.

Really, if there's any silver lining it's that it should reduce the peaks and troughs in how much dilithium ore different characters will have at any one time. For me it ranges from 30,000 to 80,000.

There's another dimension to this too, regarding fleets- if you're fortunate enough to be part of a fleet that's already maxed everything then the fleet dilithium pool is going to be completely worthless, because provisions simply aren't in enough demand to spend on.
  • Options
    leoanimaleoanima Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    As a Fleet commander of a 2 smallish fleets (Fed and KDF, not solo fleets just smallish), this leaves me with graves concerns about ever being able to complete our kdf fleet.

Dilithium was always a stick point on projects, until I spent 2 years of my time (and RL $$) to get the ability to make up for those short falls myself with the admiralty system. Some are claiming that this will somehow benefit smaller fleets, it may, but I doubt this patch changed people level of altruism, if they didn't spend several hours in the admiralty system for dilithium it's highly unlikely they will do so purely to complete fleet projects.

This leads to my next concern; most people do not play KDF characters, those that do rarely have several KDF alts (in my experience). As Fleet Vouchers are *character* bound, this means that any fed characters that where moving dilithium to support KDF side projects can no longer do so (this is exactly my case if find myself in). Additionally - this also impacts being able to move dilithium from a Character that no longer needs fleet gear / trait unlocks to new ones that do.

I would like to purpose that Fleet Vouchers be made into a claimable item, and Account Bound. This would address my two concerns, and still have the same effect this change does on the dilithium market.

Long story short - there need to be a way to move Fleet Dilithium Vouchers between Characters on the same Account, this impacted more then just the dilithium on the market.
This discussion has been closed.