test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 2/27/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 4/28 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    The following Costumes have been removed from the Dilithium Store and added to the Costumes section of the Lobi Store, at the following price points:

MACO Uniform (22nd Century): 300 Lobi
    The Wrath of Khan Engineer's Vest: 200 Lobi
    The Wrath of Khan Excursion Jacket: 200 Lobi
    The Wrath of Khan Captain's Vest: 150 Lobi

Well... would have preferred to spend GPL, but its better than the stupid DL prices. Might actually pick up either the Engie vest or Excursion Jacket tomorrow.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,472 Arc User
    Thanks for the updates and fixes, Cryptic!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Thank you for the changes, updates and general fixes devs. Keep up the hard work.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Resolved an issue where some other Romulan Captains could look identical to Hakeev.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoMiYklHvjk

And come on, why fix this funny one so fast?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    The change to Admiralty rewards is, to put it mildly, ill-advised.
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I agree with the change. It will help my fleets out.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »

At the expense of wreaking utter havoc on the in-game economy.
  • Options

At the expense of wreaking utter havoc on the in-game economy.

I disagree. It will stabilize the in-game economy. People will need to adapt. With that said it would have been nice if they had tested this on Tribble to see what people thought about the idea, drawbacks, bugs, etc before putting it on Holodeck.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that caused the turn rate of the Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carriers to be lower than intended.
    Here's hoping the Legendary version's turn rate was lower than intended and fixed as well :wink:
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    The rewards received for completing the 10th step of the Tour of Duty for the Klingon Empire Admiralty Campaign have been changed from 30,000 Dilithium Ore, to 40,000 Fleet Dilithium Vouchers.
    This is essentially Refined Dilithium, but may only be used as an input in Fleet Projects.
    The rewards received for completing the 10th step of the Tour of Duty for the Ferengi Alliance Admiralty Campaign have been changed from 30,000 Dilithium Ore, to 30,000 Dilithium Ore Bonus Pool.
    This will grant a 50% bonus to most sources of Dilithium Ore received, until the Pool is depleted.

For some who don't get to play as often, admiralty ToD's were a good source of dil. This change is a terrible idea and guaranteed to create a great deal of ire among the player-base.

giphy.gif
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    blkthrneblkthrne Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    It looks to me like Cryptic is trying to pad the game population numbers by effectively forcing folk to gain dil by ONLY doing missions, the STUPID minigame for puny reward OR spending real money and converting. The Phoenix boxes are not draining Dil fast enough. This will not assist Fleets because folks will just STOP using the admirality system. I see a spike in Romulan admiralty usage as Rom upgrades will be the only thing worth grinding for. Enjoy this weekends last hurrah folks!!!
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    hey cryptic, about those stacking limits...how about upping summer and winter event currencies to 9999 too?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    The rewards received for completing the 10th step of the Tour of Duty for the Klingon Empire Admiralty Campaign have been changed from 30,000 Dilithium Ore, to 40,000 Fleet Dilithium Vouchers.
    This is essentially Refined Dilithium, but may only be used as an input in Fleet Projects.
    The rewards received for completing the 10th step of the Tour of Duty for the Ferengi Alliance Admiralty Campaign have been changed from 30,000 Dilithium Ore, to 30,000 Dilithium Ore Bonus Pool.
    This will grant a 50% bonus to most sources of Dilithium Ore received, until the Pool is depleted.

For some who don't get to play as often, admiralty ToD's were a good source of dil. This change is a terrible idea and guaranteed to create a great deal of ire among the player-base.

giphy.gif

Exactly this.
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    blkthrne wrote: »
    It looks to me like Cryptic is trying to pad the game population numbers by effectively forcing folk to gain dil by ONLY doing missions, the STUPID minigame for puny reward OR spending real money and converting. The Phoenix boxes are not draining Dil fast enough. This will not assist Fleets because folks will just STOP using the admirality system. I see a spike in Romulan admiralty usage as Rom upgrades will be the only thing worth grinding for. Enjoy this weekends last hurrah folks!!!

I refuse to do the dil mine minigames. Too bloody tedious to bother with for so little reward.
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    psycherzpsycherz Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    "As part of our ongoing efforts to balance the game’s economy"

Translation

Too many players were able to buy the 10th Anniversary bundle without having to spend real cash. CANT HAVE THAT!!
  • Options
    asadir#3274 asadir Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    So you finally decided to destroy Admiralty too. NO surprise there , this game turned into a gambling , whale hunting garbage a while ago . Go ahead and ban this comment , its true nonetheless.
  • Options
    psycherz wrote: »
    "As part of our ongoing efforts to balance the game’s economy"

Translation

Too many players were able to buy the 10th Anniversary bundle without having to spend real cash. CANT HAVE THAT!!

I would have to call that self-inflicted.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Wooo Hoooo... and in one fell swoop...I got room in my R&D inventory!
    hey cryptic, about those stacking limits...how about upping summer and winter event currencies to 9999 too?​​

THIS would be extremely cool!!!! I could find more space in everyone's bank. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2020

After having spent a week or more (??) .... doing the refine, dump 8000 in Fleet Project, wait, and do it all over again, and again, and again on 5 characters.... to fill the Tier 5 Science Upgrade Project on the Starbase (over 1million Dilithium).

I am pretty darn happy about the Fleet Dilithium Vouchers. It will save me a lot of time and clicking.

I still have Engineering and Tactical Tier 5 Upgrades... then the entire Starbase to Tier 5. (Yeah, it is going to take a while.... long term project.)

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Wooo Hoooo... and in one fell swoop...I got room in my R&D inventory!

THIS would be extremely cool!!!! I could find more space in everyone's bank. :)

I agree. Maybe they will send this update to when the Summer and Winter Events are going on.
  • Options
    If the goal is stabilizing the in-game economy, I would argue cutting down on the constant sales would be more effective than these alterations to the Admiralty system. In my experience, it is the sales that send the exchange rate into orbit.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Nice to see the stacking increased on many items, thank you.

Now, any word about that very much rumored Pet tab? You know, the one so we can take pets out of our inventory and give them a proper home. That would be another nice addition. Especially since the next event will be awarding another vanity pet.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    The following items can now be stacked up to 9999 in a single stack, up from previous values

A few days after I had to sell or move to alts 999 stacks of R&D stuffs off of one of my mains :( , but a welcome change going forward.

[emphasis mine]

What sources are excluded? 1:2 isn't terrible, at least.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    Would be upset about admiralty changes, buuuuuuut, I haven't been doing Admiralty because Cryptic's been procrastinating on a badly needed addition to the Admiralty system - an autofill.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    blkthrne wrote: »

I think you're probably ignoring the (admittedly smaller but potentially significant) amount from regular Admiralty assignments. The change only referred to the TOD reward.

True enough, but it is still a very bad sign.
  • Options
    offdutee#5693 offdutee Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The given reason about balancing the economy is just smoke and mirrors. If they really intend that then they would lower the prices of items that require dilithium. Yes, the new system will allow the accumulation of fleet credits to buy equipment, but now there will be less dilithium to pay for the gear. Example: 250k fleet credits and 100k dil for an extra trait slot. We’ll have plenty of credits but an extremely hard time grinding the dil for the purchase. Cryptic has just switched the problem from credits to dil in buying fleet gear. And, they made it harder to upgrade as there will be less dil available for purchase of phoenix packs 40k dil for 10 or for superior upgrades that cost dil to upgrade. Also, it may force players to buy zen to get the key rings with the epic upgrades at 2125 zen each.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    westmetals wrote: »
    True. But I think this is more of a magnitude 4-ish earthquake, while people are acting like it's a 6 or a 7.

Welcome to the forums.
    Cryptic changes something, people rage.
    Cryptic doesn't change something, people rage.
    Cryptic EXISTS, people rage.

There's no satisfying everyone.

And I do agree that people are going nuts before actually seeing how it will impact everything.
    Yea my daily Zen income of somewhere around 100 zen is gonna be impacted, but on the other hand there's the Klingon Admiralty awarding Fleet vouchers that will greatly support fleets, and the DL exchange has already dropped to at least 422 last I saw earlier today vs the 450s that it was at yesterday.

So right now it appears to be a bit of a give and take. Only time will tell the full extent.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.