test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Initial Duty Officer Cadre for Completing First Complement

jb93943jb93943 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Upon completing the First Complement mission at level 11 for the Romulan Republic I did not receive the initial cadre of duty officers. However, at a later point I did receive the cadre of photonic DOFFs, and the second group of three regular DOFFs.

This is the second time I've had this issue with a Romulan character.

"No need of sun to light the way, across the ages we have reigned as we endured; through the storm fronts we will ever surely pass, to stand as never ending light."
-VNV Nation, Perpetual

Comments

• saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Same for my starfleet toon.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Everyone must ignore the completion button on the assignment. YOU must go to your respective academy and speak to the contact, I did do a new romulan and a new klingon, the romulan got his doffs when he went to new romulus and spoke directly to the contact as well as on klingon academy. The completion button is a mistake and should not be showing up on the first cadre missions!. Yes it is confusing, I made the mistake on my klingon cause i was finishing assignments and clicked it accidentally, PISSED ME OFF SOMETHING BAD! Deleted said character and forced to create a new one. *Lost another day*.But i did find out what the issue is with the first cadre. If you still dont get the first cadre when you go to the academy then there is a bug that is alot worse than the one that makes the mission act like its closed instead of open.
  • technobeast#9443 technobeast Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The issue for most of us is the fact that there is a bug in the game currently that does not award the doffs when speaking with the faction doff giver. Cryptic has not fixed it yet, so ya just get to deal with not having them for now. It's not user error.
  • canuckgcanuckg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    FTR: Same here. Is there any hope of a fix, or is this a delete and restart situation?

Edit: I did log in and notice that I had 20 or so Emergency Hologram Doffs. I do not believe those are normal, so I believe I was provided those as a work around. I did request GM help, and put in a support ticket. (GM said they can't help here... Not that they didn't want to, but can't. So I think a support ticket should be sufficient.)

Lots of assumptions in that edit. But the fact does remain I have 20-ish Emergency Hologram Doffs I didn't have before, and never saw on another toon.
    Post edited by canuckg on
  • karr2k3karr2k3 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    I levelled during a TFO. I received the mission for the first compliment went to Starfleet Academy to talk to Lt. Ferra to complete the mission and it had bugged to when I tried talking to Lt. Ferra the option to receive the first compliment of duty officers weren't there.
  • ora12154ora12154 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have had the same issue with a Klingon captian. I did receive about 20 Emergency Hologram Duty officers.
  • dextriderdextrider Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have also experienced the same issue. DSC captain, I leveled during a "Defense of Starbase One" TFO where I also received the "First Complement" mission; I went to Starfleet Academy and spoke to Lt. Ferra but received absolutely no duty officers, either in my roster, in my inventory or in my overflow bag.
  • tempur76tempur76 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I experienced this issue on my Discovery captain on Feb 17. I'd just completed a mission in the Klingon arc when I received the task. I double-checked my inventory and spoke with the Lt. at the Academy.
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Sounds like it seems to be happening for all factions. It just happened to me today, for the second time on a second new character. Spoke directly to the contact, (not just through the hail) and no luck.
    I submitted a bug report, including my location, time, etc. Would really like to know if this is being worked on. I don't think I'll want to create any more characters until this is addressed.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Just had the same issue on my fed klingon.
    1xe027q.png
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    canuckg wrote: »
    FTR: Same here. Is there any hope of a fix, or is this a delete and restart situation?
    No. This has been broken for so long that I don't even bother attempting it, anymore. I just press on and start getting DOffs from the Academy contacts' normal recruitment options. "Non-game-breaking" is pretty much synonymous with "don't hold your breath", around here. There's a reason I don't bother recommending this game to potential new players.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Just had the issue with a low level klingon char, get the mission, contact the guy, but no cadre @baddmoonrizin , can you relay this to the devs?, the bug has been present for a long time, thanks!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • cydor#5174 cydor Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2020
    I've had the same issue on my fed character too.
    Just out of interest did anyone else start any of the race duty missions to get a new DOff before speaking to the NPC to get the 1st cadre?

I just wondered if I caused this by "jumping the gun" and starting missions before I had any DOffs :)
    Beamed in right next to Vulcan so it seemed rude not to.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    I believe level 11 only unlocks the duty officers system but doesn't award any. The first 'pack' of officers you receive are the emergency ones at level 18.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    I believe level 11 only unlocks the duty officers system but doesn't award any. The first 'pack' of officers you receive are the emergency ones at level 18.

Level 11 not only unlocks the DOFF system but also gives the First Complement according to STO and STO Wiki. There is indeed a bug and it needs to be fixed. Getting to that level is supposed to trigger getting the DOFFs but something is broken. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • texasredhawk#6620 texasredhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I just experienced the same bug yesterday. Didn't receive my initial cadre, sent in a GM ticket, got a response that I should post a bug report here and otherwise not worry about it because I could "still acquire better duty officers by doing assignments, leveling up, purchasing, etc". Going to have to reroll that character now.
  • dcoy76#9156 dcoy76 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same issue happened to me today...
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    canuckg wrote: »

Edit: I did log in and notice that I had 20 or so Emergency Hologram Doffs. I do not believe those are normal, so I believe I was provided those as a work around. I did request GM help, and put in a support ticket. (GM said they can't help here... Not that they didn't want to, but can't. So I think a support ticket should be sufficient.)

Lots of assumptions in that edit. But the fact does remain I have 20-ish Emergency Hologram Doffs I didn't have before, and never saw on another toon.

These may simply be crafting Doffs. You get them at level 15.

They're different from, and should be given regardless of, the Doffs obtained at level 11 (when that was still working).
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    I created a new Romulan and Klingon character. On my Romulan I got the first bunch, but on my Klingon the dialoge box never came up, and I never got anything. Going to the Academy did not help either.
  • lillen80lillen80 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    It is the same for me I don't get doffs from "First Compliment" neither for KDF, FED or ROM, even if I go to the "duty officer" that gives you the quest and speak to them personally I just get the message "quest completed" and no Doffs in my roster.
  • killerbunny3000killerbunny3000 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This happened to me recently when starting to level a few old alts I made, but not consistently. I have 2 vanilla Federation characters and 1 Romulan (allied KDF if it mattered though doesn't seem like ti should). One of the federation toons failed the other two got their doffs.

Characters were created around the same time a while back, but all got to 11 within 24-48 hours of each other this week, no game updates/etc between.
    All three characters went to the NPC and talked to them directly. I did not even realize there might be a remote option and thought that was required.

For the one that failed the mission "First Complement" does NOT show up in the Captain's Log, whereas it does for the other two.

Seems like you should be bale to re-acquire the mission if that was the case, though unclear on the triggers under the hood to mark a mission as complete.

Also don't like that the support response was basically to pound sand, given that the reward is non-negligible and very straightforward in terms of potential replacement. Part of why I reported it at all is that as both a (paying) gamer and a dev I don't like this type of bug just being left to languish out there and think that people should submit tickets whenever something like this comes up so that the pain point can be understood and prioritized. Not sure what % of the time this is happening but it is obviously happening out of the gate and to many people (doubtless a lot more than in these few threads). An annoying/bad tax for alts, but particularly not exactly the best intro to doff system for a new player. Stuff like that can easily compound to a lost customer.
  • goldenavarielgoldenavariel Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    I thought I chimed in on this but don't see it. Maybe a different thread.

My new KDF officer didn't get it either. He was notified that the DOFF system was unlocked. Just no officers to go along with the announcement.

I tried talking to what's his face at the academy but got nothing. So I talked to the various DOFF contacts to start building up the roster. I tried leveling up but that wasn't working so I returned to Risa once I got my R&D hologram doffs. I've opened some DOFF packs I and the fleet had laying around, bought the DOFFs on Risa, and bought some DOFF packs during the recent sale. I also went back to the Academy, started another round of officers and talked to ol' what's his face to get the Reman maintenance engineer.

At this point, I'm not sure I even want the Reinforcements pack but it isn't good I had to do all that. Especially for new players who might not even know anything about the DOFF system.
    Alien Federation tactical officer, created 12/29/2019.

Reached level 11 somewhere on either 03/23/2020 or 03/22/2020, going by the Captain's logs.

Checked today, never got the officers, no mission telling me to go and collect them, no such options when visiting lt. Ferra.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    edited September 2020
    Not that I care so much about these doffs as they usually only take up valuable space in the doff roster.

But seriously guys, people - some of whom may find these useful - have been reporting this since 2018. No replies (and no f - u - c - k - s apparently) have been given for years, not even an acknowledgement that it's being looked into or even a message that we should forget about these because it won't get fixed.

What kind of b -u - l- l- s- h- i- t is this? Is anyone over there even aware they still have this forum?

It's just sad, really. More than two years have passed.

At least put in some effort to tell your players that it won't get fixed, or won't be in the foreseeable future so that players can move on and don't have to wonder about this anymore.

Close the thread, bury the topic or tell us what is going on and why the company apparently isn't able to fix some key features of the game anymore. But at least do and tell us something instead of ignoring everyone!

• sablemagussablemagus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    karr2k3 wrote: »
    I levelled during a TFO. I received the mission for the first compliment went to Starfleet Academy to talk to Lt. Ferra to complete the mission and it had bugged to when I tried talking to Lt. Ferra the option to receive the first compliment of duty officers weren't there.
    I have the exact same issue. I leveled up from 11 to 12 during a TFO before I had the chance to turn the quest in to Lt. Ferra. I would just delete and remake the toon, except that I claimed the Age of Discovery Starter Pack on her, so I would permanently lose the XP boost and extra inventory slots if I did.