What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek rumours

2»

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Pike was the best part of Season 2 of Discovery.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @flash525 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Exactly this. He isn't supposed to be exposed to that radiation until the 2260's, although I can't seem to find the exact year that it all happens. Season 2 of Discovery took place in 2257, so for arguments sake, lets say Pike is promoted to Fleet Captain and has his accident in 2267, that's still ten years worth of story to tell before his accident takes place, and that's ten years I'd quite happily invest in.
    >
    > Not that I expect we'd get ten seasons, but I'd be happy enough with five or six, with the final having him promoted to fleet captain, and passing the Enterprise over to Kirk ready for the next five (or three) year mission.

Given the season length is 10-16 episodes these days you can get 10 seasons within a couple of couple in character years. Say an episode per in character week.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/cosmicbook.news/star-trek-disaster-cbs-all-access-leaks?amp

I find the idea that they might bring in Ira or Ron in to run things is interesting, but honestly I've been hearing from this crowd doom and gloom on Discovery and Picard for so long I can't take it seriously, but if they do replace Kurtzmen, I think Berman is the better choice of course.

If Section 31 one happens it will destroy the last shred of crediblity on Star Trek this crowd has left.

you can believe whatever you want on the matter, no matter how edgy in appearance your threads have become. From my end, i think STP has been good so far and Dis season 3 is coming out later this year. if CBS thought this whole thing was a failure they would of canned the whole project instead of asking Kurtzman to get more star trek series out there so that runs contrary to your claims.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    > @mirrorchaos said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > you can believe whatever you want on the matter, no matter how edgy in appearance your threads have become. From my end, i think STP has been good so far and Dis season 3 is coming out later this year. if CBS thought this whole thing was a failure they would of canned the whole project instead of asking Kurtzman to get more star trek series out there so that runs contrary to your claims.

People seem to forget the signed Kurtzman to a five year deal.
    Also the thought that CBS is going to fire Kurtzman and bring back any of the showrunners from past Trek is crazy.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    > @lordgyor said:
    > > @flash525 said:
    > > (Quote)
    > > Exactly this. He isn't supposed to be exposed to that radiation until the 2260's, although I can't seem to find the exact year that it all happens. Season 2 of Discovery took place in 2257, so for arguments sake, lets say Pike is promoted to Fleet Captain and has his accident in 2267, that's still ten years worth of story to tell before his accident takes place, and that's ten years I'd quite happily invest in.
    > >
    > > Not that I expect we'd get ten seasons, but I'd be happy enough with five or six, with the final having him promoted to fleet captain, and passing the Enterprise over to Kirk ready for the next five (or three) year mission.
    >
    > Given the season length is 10-16 episodes these days you can get 10 seasons within a couple of couple in character years. Say an episode per in character week.

Unless they do two seasons a year, I couldn’t see the show lasting a whole ten years; that’s a big commitment from the cast.

It works better for smaller shows (like Supernatural) where there’s only two or three main stars, but a show like Puke Trek would probably require a good six to eight solid characters to carry the show through.

They’d also be a little limited on their story telling too - they can’t do a whole lot with the Klingons, they can’t do anything with the Romulans or the Borg, they probably can’t touch the Tholian, Breen or Tzenkethi etc

I think they’d struggle to fill ten seasons within a TOS timeline if they don’t want to change anything.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    flash525 wrote: »
    > @lordgyor said:
    > > @flash525 said:
    > > (Quote)
    > > Exactly this. He isn't supposed to be exposed to that radiation until the 2260's, although I can't seem to find the exact year that it all happens. Season 2 of Discovery took place in 2257, so for arguments sake, lets say Pike is promoted to Fleet Captain and has his accident in 2267, that's still ten years worth of story to tell before his accident takes place, and that's ten years I'd quite happily invest in.
    > >
    > > Not that I expect we'd get ten seasons, but I'd be happy enough with five or six, with the final having him promoted to fleet captain, and passing the Enterprise over to Kirk ready for the next five (or three) year mission.
    >
    > Given the season length is 10-16 episodes these days you can get 10 seasons within a couple of couple in character years. Say an episode per in character week.

Unless they do two seasons a year, I couldn’t see the show lasting a whole ten years; that’s a big commitment from the cast.

It works better for smaller shows (like Supernatural) where there’s only two or three main stars, but a show like Puke Trek would probably require a good six to eight solid characters to carry the show through.

They’d also be a little limited on their story telling too - they can’t do a whole lot with the Klingons, they can’t do anything with the Romulans or the Borg, they probably can’t touch the Tholian, Breen or Tzenkethi etc

I think they’d struggle to fill ten seasons within a TOS timeline if they don’t want to change anything.

I think you will find that lordgyor was talking about in-setting years, not real-world ones. Between having only a quarter to a little over a half season worth of shows per season they are in effect only showing a few weeks out of an in-setting year unless they have massive amounts of downtime between episodes (which rarely happens with serial format shows).

They could very easily take two or three of these mini and half seasons to relate all the events of a single year in the show's story time, so they could run though a standard five year show contract in the real world, while only telling the stories of only a year or two in the setting so they have plenty of time before Pike's date with a leaking reactor if they wanted to make a Pike show. Ever see the series "24"? It spend a whole season detailing just one day in the life of the characters.