test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Keyboard not responding

When ever I hit the "E" key in game it completely locks up my keyboard, I'm on an Alienware A51 laptop, all the other keys work i just cant hit E which is hard to do. All my drivers are up to date and ive reinstalled the game twice through steam and arc. i found out that when i do hit E it acts as if I'm continuously holding it down and no other key or combination of keys work.

Comments

• etyibotetyibot Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    update: seems to only happen on my federation
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Reinstalling the game rarely, if ever accomplishes anything other than waste your time. Since reinstalling the game didn't fix the problem it sounds like a key problem.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    etyibot wrote: »

Are you using key binds? Because your controls should be global to all your characters.

If it's only happening on that one character, try typing into the chatbox - /unbind_All

See if the problem persists. You can also go into your controls and set them back to default.

Sounds like you have a bad binding our mapping.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    etyibot wrote: »

Are you using key binds? Because your controls should be global to all your characters.

If it's only happening on that one character, try typing into the chatbox - /unbind_All

See if the problem persists. You can also go into your controls and set them back to default.

Sounds like you have a bad binding our mapping.

the only key bind i have is on my space bar and WASD. E is only throttle up and i dont remember how to redo keybinds if i do unbind everything

so i unbound all and redid my spacebar keybind, E key still breaks everything and its only with star trek online.