test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Transwarping out of a patrol

adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
Recently, I notice a weird behaviour when I do the space patrols. While in it and engaging the foes, I suddenly get thrown out of the patrol. Not chrashing or arbort the patrol, but literally I transwarp to another sector, for example today: starting the Argala patrol in the Delta Quadrant, couple of foes and getting transwarped to the Risa in the Beta Quadrant. When returning to the patrol I was doing, I am not able to restart it, as can be experienced of getting a leaver penalty.

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    What ship are you flying that causes this behavior? If it is the ship I am thinking it is, you might have to Drydock the ship.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    sthe91 wrote: »
    What ship are you flying that causes this behavior? If it is the ship I am thinking it is, you might have to Drydock the ship.

I think, forgive me to contradict you that it's related to the kind of alt/fraction. It happens the most, or most notably with my 2 Jem'Hadar alts.

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    sthe91 wrote: »

I think, forgive me to contradict you that it's related to the kind of alt/fraction. It happens the most, or most notably with my 2 Jem'Hadar alts.

I was not talking about the kind of alt/fraction. That was not mentioned in my post. I asked what ship as in what is the name of the ship that is affected? Thanks. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    No specific ship, as you may have already concluded, as it happened with different ships and at different time, but most with my Jem'Hadar alts. Also, let me give the time to exclude the possibility that it isn't a hardware issue, propably my keyboard which seems to be failing. Testing with it continues and I will keep you informed.
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Recently, I notice a weird behaviour when I do the space patrols. While in it and engaging the foes, I suddenly get thrown out of the patrol. Not chrashing or arbort the patrol, but literally I transwarp to another sector, for example today: starting the Argala patrol in the Delta Quadrant, couple of foes and getting transwarped to the Risa in the Beta Quadrant. When returning to the patrol I was doing, I am not able to restart it, as can be experienced of getting a leaver penalty.

Sound like the same bug I have which is due to firing all weapons.

Bug: When firing all weapons (by GUI or key shortcut) I get transwarped to a Fleet Holding.

Support answer: they could not replicate the bug.

Affected characters: 1 - (JH)

Fix: none (tried resetting key binding, changing ship, other various thing)

Bypass: use a non-weapon power to enter combat (like pulse, GW, etc) and then you will not be able to be transwarped since you are in-combat.

• Options

Sound like the same bug I have which is due to firing all weapons.

Bug: When firing all weapons (by GUI or key shortcut) I get transwarped to a Fleet Holding.

Support answer: they could not replicate the bug.

Affected characters: 1 - (JH)

Fix: none (tried resetting key binding, changing ship, other various thing)

Bypass: use a non-weapon power to enter combat (like pulse, GW, etc) and then you will not be able to be transwarped since you are in-combat.

Got me a new keyboard, will continue testing with this ... Also, strange that it only happens when doing patrols, not in other missions and not always, but it sure happens when I am using a Jem'Hadar alt. Which patrol doesn't matter.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Bumping this one up again, if allowed. Issue still persists with my Jem'Hadar alts, whether KDF or Fed allied and no matter what patrol. On a regular basis, the moment I start an action, either maneuvering a ship, firing weapons or a combination of actions, ship warps out of the patrol, ends up in quadrant other then the quadrant where the patrol is located and the started patrol gets a leaver penalty. Though it might have been my previous worn out mechanical keyboard, but I have the same issue with a new one.

PS: Upon the leaver penalty I am getting, I am getting also a transwarp lockdown of 14 minutes.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    As mentioned, drydock the ship, then reclaim it, that have fixed this issue before.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!