test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Claim Your Admiralty Ships Automatically!

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    wow nice improvement
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    i shall reiterate what i already said elsewhere...OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ecstatic howling*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Darn near fell out of my chair when I read that. Very nice to hear as claiming all ships on a toon was really becoming a bit of work. Awesome!
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Massive QoL improvement! Amazing stuff really! They just saved me several hours of work. Just freaking awesome!
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • xiuthcotalxiuthcotal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I don't do admiralty, never saw the appeal or the point to it. Still, it's nice to see new QoL improvements.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Massive QoL improvement! Amazing stuff really! They just saved me several hours of work. Just freaking awesome!

Agree, this will save players' LOTS of hours of tedious chore work. Should've been implemented from the beginning of Admiralty imo.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I wish admiralty completion rewards had a claim all button.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I wish admiralty completion rewards had a claim all button.

I wish that Admiralty missions that are 100% success would not fail. Also, wish it was coded the same way as the DOFF system was coded instead of having to scroll down to claim the ones on the bottom.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • bluesunshot#7246 bluesunshot Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Finally, that will be very useful.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I wish the Admiralty System pre-populated assignment slots like Doff Missions.

But this will finally get me around to getting all my Characters caught up claiming Federation, Romulan Ships, etc.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I wish to stay on topic, so:

THANKS CRYPTIC!!!!

* Snoopy dance *
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    As I asked in that thread as well, will I be able to claim all eligible ships on an 'aligned' toon as well (like my Rom, and Jem)?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • strangepork23strangepork23 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    this is the best news ever! I just got done doing this on a new character and it takes forever, having to remember them all, and grab 7 at a time, and then delete them immediately typing in their names. wow this is good news.
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    This is nice, but it is zen ships only. You may have to hunt and peck for other ships you own or earned. I wonder if it includes event ships?
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I don't do admiralty, never saw the appeal or the point to it. Still, it's nice to see new QoL improvements.

It is the easiest way to earn lots of dilithium for little time investment. I typically enough enough to convert to about $10-15 of zen each week using my alts.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    This is very good, if it works.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I wont need to collect the admiralty at thruster speed any more i can do it at warp LOL Doing what use to take 40 min each and tired fingers later LOL.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Wu1Ooju.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    I just did that manually, one at a time yesterday morning. :'(
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Collecting Admiralty Cards was one of the most tedious things to do in the game. Glad this got looked at.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    The link at the beginning of this thread will not load for me. Can someone please tell me how this system works. I have gone to the ship vendor and to the admiralty tab and do not see any button to click to claim the cards.
    Fleet Admiral Zach Caldwell
    Commanding Officer, Strategic Starfleet Operations
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Interesting. Just logged on to an alt, and it claimed all the ships I hadn't gotten around to yet (including event reclaims/etc) on login, rather than having to go to a 'ship selector' npc.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    This was quite positively one of the best QoL improvents Cryptic has made in years! *Putting on my Banja voice* "The best, Jerry, the best!" ;)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Posted in the other threads as well.. but want to say it again..

This update is absolutely fantastic.

To whomever at Cryptic decided to make this addition to the game.. THANK YOU!!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    joeykoric wrote: »
    The link at the beginning of this thread will not load for me. Can someone please tell me how this system works. I have gone to the ship vendor and to the admiralty tab and do not see any button to click to claim the cards.

The link works for me, but you can also just click on the NEWS tab at the top of this page.

This is PC only for now, if you are on console it is not out yet.
  • joeykoricjoeykoric Member Posts: 117 Arc User

The link works for me, but you can also just click on the NEWS tab at the top of this page.

I read the news release. Either I am having a bad day or the news is not clear enough. I am on PC. I have gone to the ship vendor and talked to the person. Nothing said about claiming the cards. no buttons to click. The wording says automatic and when you create a new/alt toon. This puzzles me. How can it be automatic, if as a new alt you do not have access to the Admiralty system until you hit rank 52? Now, if they mean once you hit rank 52 you can then claim all the cards, I get that. But again, I have been on toons that should be able to claim the cards but I have not seen any dialogue with the ship vendor about the cards or how to claim them. Is the mere act of opening the contact window triggering the auto claim? If so, then I am still puzzled as I have not gotten any of the cards for any of the ships I have.
    Fleet Admiral Zach Caldwell
    Commanding Officer, Strategic Starfleet Operations
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    It has nothing to do with the ship vendor. It likely will happen when your low toons hit lvl 52 next time they log in.

If you haven't had it happen on your other eligible toons then perhaps you've already claimed them all for them?

Edit: I just logged onto my J-H toon, who I know hadn't claimed all of the ships he was entitled to and just a few seconds after I logged as him all of the ships he didn't have in his Admiralty roster were automatically added (Minus any that were on the list of ones that wouldn't automatically be added).

That was a long list of ships since he's able to claim Fed and Rom ships now. Very glad that Cryptic did this!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    edited February 2020

I read the news release. Either I am having a bad day or the news is not clear enough. I am on PC. I have gone to the ship vendor and talked to the person. Nothing said about claiming the cards. no buttons to click. The wording says automatic and when you create a new/alt toon. This puzzles me. How can it be automatic, if as a new alt you do not have access to the Admiralty system until you hit rank 52? Now, if they mean once you hit rank 52 you can then claim all the cards, I get that. But again, I have been on toons that should be able to claim the cards but I have not seen any dialogue with the ship vendor about the cards or how to claim them. Is the mere act of opening the contact window triggering the auto claim? If so, then I am still puzzled as I have not gotten any of the cards for any of the ships I have.

Opening Admiralty automatically awards any unclaimed Admiralty cards of ships that you own. If you have already claimed all owned cards, then nothing will happen. On a new toon, once they hit Level 52 and Admiralty opens up for them, you can claim their Admiralty cards automatically.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.