test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: Legacy Now Live!

13»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    Man I hope they got permission to use the 2001 A Space Oddyssey theme music for the TO Hell With Honor TFO.
    You mean the Ride of the Valkyries, by Richard Wagner? Yeah, I don't think they need permission for that one!
    I thought it was a really nice choice, considering all the things shooting at you! Made it really nice to play it.

Agree, I have to admit my first run-through I didn't hear it, but such a classic & well themed music for this map. Well chosen, Cryptic.
    Same, took me until the second time to get it - I had the music turned pretty low up until then, and with all the sounds effect going on around me, the music was very difficult to hear. But once I did... "hell yeah"!​​
    I actually noticed the music before I'd finished zoning in. :p
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcZp7u_Krp8
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Good for you.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I've only played the first part of the new mission so far but I'm glad I'd watched Discovery otherwise this would have spoiled the hell out of it, as well as helping me appreciate the importance of the characters present.

And Seven of Nine's interactions perfectly highlighted the obvious similarities between Control and Borg.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    The Borg Vanity Shield looks pretty great on many ships. The Borg circuits parts, due to being blue and orange kinda make them look like constellations on the hull.
    20200129185930_1.jpg?raw=1

However, the engine trails are bugged because they do not appear.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    spiritborn wrote: »
    I arrive with my AoY/TOS character, along with Tarsi. And I'm told from our uniforms that we are from the future....

Well our ToS character are from the 2270s while Burnham went MIA in late 2250s so to her your uniform is from the future, little over 10 years from the future to be exact (IIRC the TOS arc is set in the year 2270, while season 2 of DSC was set in 2258 or 2259). Also our TOS characters are suppose to be disguised as officers from the 25th century.

Not mention that this isn't the real commander Burnham but a copy.

Disco uniforms are a bit of a mess even in it's own continuity. 'The Cage' is set about 2-3 years before Discovery, with uniforms far closer to TOS in design, so therefore when it's merged into Discovery's timeline, the Disco Enterprise uniforms would indeed be familiar to Micheal Burnham so the TOS uniforms wouldn't have had the same reaction as TOS movies+.

The game's not complex enough to distinguish what uniform we have (such as a TOS character wearing a Discovery uniform, a ST:Enterprise uniform, or even a baseball uniform), so it's a moot point.

But it makes it funny to hear characters judging the time period others are from by their costumes. :)

It's been awkward trying to explain to Micheal Burnham about Romulans, when the character I'm playing right now is a Romulan wearing a Romulan uniform. 'Romulans. You're serious! Those are... Romulans.' :blush:
    Post edited by captaincelestial on
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    I arrive with my AoY/TOS character, along with Tarsi. And I'm told from our uniforms that we are from the future....

Well our ToS character are from the 2270s while Burnham went MIA in late 2250s so to her your uniform is from the future, little over 10 years from the future to be exact (IIRC the TOS arc is set in the year 2270, while season 2 of DSC was set in 2258 or 2259). Also our TOS characters are suppose to be disguised as officers from the 25th century.

Not mention that this isn't the real commander Burnham but a copy.

Disco uniforms are a bit of a mess even in it's own continuity. 'The Cage' is set about 2-3 years before Discovery, with uniforms far closer to TOS in design, so therefore when it's merged into Discovery's timeline, the Disco Enterprise uniforms would indeed be familiar to Micheal Burnham so the TOS uniforms wouldn't have had the same reaction as TOS movies+.

The game's not complex enough to distinguish what uniform we have (such as a TOS character wearing a Discovery uniform, a ST:Enterprise uniform, or even a baseball uniform), so it's a moot point.

But it makes it funny to hear characters judging the time period others are from by their costumes. :)

It's been awkward trying to explain to Micheal Burnham about Romulans, when the character I'm playing right now is a Romulan wearing a Romulan uniform. 'Romulans. You're serious! Those are... Romulans.' :blush:

In the time period of Discovery they had not encountered Romulans by anything but ships she may have just thought you were Vulcan
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    The old Noya sounds much better!