12346»

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    stark2k wrote: »
    odd, perhaps day 4 is today? Tues 1/28120

Haven't logged in today.

No, today is day 5. Yesterday was Phoenix box day (and I DID get phoenix boxes yesterday), the day before that was R&D Promo boxes (which I also got), etc.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    "Until January 28th at 10am PT..."

January 28, servers are down from 6-11 AM PT...

But time is time and marches on. There's zero guarantee the Server is up 24/7 and gthey usually patch on Tuesdays.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Today is 5 x Infinity duty officer packs. Each has a 1 in 100 chance at a promo ship like the TOS Connie.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11355063-anniversary-giveaways-five-infinity-duty-officer-packs!
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Pretty disgusting to be honest. Happy Anniversary. Here's some gamble boxes and keys for more gamble boxes. Figured we would have got a T3-5 ship at some point. Oh well, at least the Picard uniform was a nice gesture.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    saedeith wrote: »
    Pretty disgusting to be honest. Happy Anniversary. Here's some gamble boxes and keys for more gamble boxes. Figured we would have got a T3-5 ship at some point. Oh well, at least the Picard uniform was a nice gesture.

They've already given away the majority of their less popular Tier3 - Tier 5 ships in previous years, and they always got complaints from the people who already had them, so I for one don't mind small stuff I can 100% actually use on some of my characters.

And if you're scared 5 Master keys or 5 Promo Boxes will trigger a gambling frenzy for you; you can always not claim them, or claim and delete them.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The launcher has been surprisingly consistent with the giveaway info.
    Consistently a day late!
  • Options
    jozen#9312 jozen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Looks like today is 5 delta duty officer promo boxes
  • Options
    saedeith wrote: »

They've already given away the majority of their less popular Tier3 - Tier 5 ships in previous years, and they always got complaints from the people who already had them, so I for one don't mind small stuff I can 100% actually use on some of my characters.

And if you're scared 5 Master keys or 5 Promo Boxes will trigger a gambling frenzy for you; you can always not claim them, or claim and delete them.

Also, with scaling ships available the T3-F5 are now mostly useful for admiralty and a few consoles and gear pieces.

If Cryptic had given away ships, other people would be whining about how they will never use them even if they didn't own them. Whiners gotta whine.

• Options
    dinforathdirdinforathdir Member Posts: 2 New User
    Would still have rather had something concrete rather than gamble boxes personally but hey the whales are complaining they have everything already so let's encourage them to gamble more right...
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    I'd have liked to see a free ship and hopefully we'll get one, hell even a token for a free t3 ship of my choice or something'd be just fine with me
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    And...that's a wrap! Facebook indicates today is the finale for the giveaways.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Enh, it was a pretty nice stack of Lobi hey gave away, nothing to complain about really. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    100 Lobi: only 6 2/3 days of Lobi payout when we had that 30-day Featured Episode Rerun Event in 2013. But, that was when they knew how to give out Account Lobi per day, and turn on Unique Rewards in Episodes. Now, HFM bought them all up and sells them for a mere bag of shells. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    More than 100 if you consider the lobi from the 5 bound keys too
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    100 Lobi: only 6 2/3 days of Lobi payout when we had that 30-day Featured Episode Rerun Event in 2013. But, that was when they knew how to give out Account Lobi per day, and turn on Unique Rewards in Episodes. Now, HFM bought them all up and sells them for a mere bag of shells. :)

You mean the old ferengi event? Where you could get ferengi lockboxes in three different rarityies and came with a daily to get lobi from.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Well folks, the word was out already.
    Today the give away is Five Infinity Duty Officer Packs
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11355063-anniversary-giveaways-five-infinity-duty-officer-packs!

Good Luck opening them
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    My luck opening these has been abysmal as always.
  • Options
    avoozuul wrote: »

Me too, or as Charlie Brown said: "I got a rock". But think of it as getting a Boolean Cannon or other ground weapon.

• Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User

Me too, or as Charlie Brown said: "I got a rock". But think of it as getting a Boolean Cannon or other ground weapon.

Or a vanity pet. Or the Warrior's Decorated Skirt(if you use the lobi from the R&D box + Doffing Box and/or keys) or Gambling Device.
  • Options
    captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    Very dissapointing compared to previous years, imho. Rewards previous years made it feel like more worth my effort to login ans get and want to continue to play.

Expected far better for the 10th anniversary.
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Considering that give away from previous years/anniversary also had a number of C-store ships i think there is one more give away coming.

Cannot be sure though.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgF_8eGrlPo
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Seeing as the giveaways are over... /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.