test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2020 10th Anniversary Days of Giveaways - discuss and comment

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    As others have mentioned: 5 Phoenix packs for today
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11355063
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    So how many people were creating account after account yesterday til today just to get a promo ship? One person i know told me he made 27 to get 1 promo ship. I m sure there is people out there they took it to the extreme just to create some EC or real cash selling them on ebay. I would like to know how many accounts have been created since yesterday lol just the shear number would be fun to know.

Not me. I just take the freebies as I get them. If I don't win a big prize I'm still happy to get free stuff. My son got a T6 box though. Happy for him.

Same here, 1 account is enough, sure my luck is bad but I consider making many accounts to exploit a giveaway as cheating and taking advantage of a kind offer

I do have two accts. My FTP and a Lifer. If I count the Tribble server, I have three, but there are no giveaways on Tribble due to the C-Store being disabled.

I also play for my family who are on STO to make sure they get their freebies and 'free' ships/shinies.

Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands are are able to do this during events.

The problem isnt people who already have a couple accounts they legit play - its more people who make new accounts for it. I am sure cryptic will notice and eventually will impose a time played(like the 20h for recruit event rewards) or min level which in turn will also hurt legit newbies who wont be able to get anything
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    So how many people were creating account after account yesterday til today just to get a promo ship? One person i know told me he made 27 to get 1 promo ship. I m sure there is people out there they took it to the extreme just to create some EC or real cash selling them on ebay. I would like to know how many accounts have been created since yesterday lol just the shear number would be fun to know.

Not me. I just take the freebies as I get them. If I don't win a big prize I'm still happy to get free stuff. My son got a T6 box though. Happy for him.

Same here, 1 account is enough, sure my luck is bad but I consider making many accounts to exploit a giveaway as cheating and taking advantage of a kind offer

I do have two accts. My FTP and a Lifer. If I count the Tribble server, I have three, but there are no giveaways on Tribble due to the C-Store being disabled.

I also play for my family who are on STO to make sure they get their freebies and 'free' ships/shinies.

The problem isnt people who already have a couple accounts they legit play - its more people who make new accounts for it. I am sure cryptic will notice and eventually will impose a time played(like the 20h for recruit event rewards) or min level which in turn will also hurt legit newbies who wont be able to get anything

That sounds like a sensible thing to do to discourage spamming new accounts to game the system for whatever reason.

I see no reason to do this myself. I play for fun and doing that is just too much 'work'.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • hadursshadurss Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    today giveaway was a real let down worst yet
    hadurss wrote: »

Got almost all epic/ultra rare so that was nice. Not sure what to spend it on, but it is nice to have.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

That sounds like a sensible thing to do to discourage spamming new accounts to game the system for whatever reason.

I see no reason to do this myself. I play for fun and doing that is just too much 'work'.

does it matter since the items (keys and infinity boxes) you get is bound to character... so when you open it, it should end up as bind to character/account. I have not used/opened any of these items yet... this is based on buying zen and then keys... the keys are bound and items you get from bound keys are also bound. if those items are bound then you cant transfer them or sell them on exchange, so does it matter if folks make new accounts?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User

5-8 Phoenix tech upgrades is better than nothing, and would normally cost 20,000 dil.

Thanks Cryptic!

5-8 Phoenix tech upgrades is better than nothing, and would normally cost 20,000 dil.

Thanks Cryptic!

This. I ended up with 14 upgrades on one acct and 16 on another by downgrading from VR/Rare tokens.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I was a bit let down too but 5 Phoenix Tokens is more than what I had before. So 5 more Phoenix upgrades more than likely but when paired with the pricing of this new bundle it just seems deflating to me.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User

Its already done and over with maybe they do it in the future but yeah I m sure there was plenty of people who took advantage of that. I didn't, but then i didn't need to anyway since i still got 1 promo ship in a box and have no clue what to do with it. But yeah maybe it looks good on paper for them that they gained more players....

What did it to the exchange again, drop prices for promo ships, so i guess that works out for the guys who buy them with hard earned EC.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.

Its already done and over with maybe they do it in the future but yeah I m sure there was plenty of people who took advantage of that. I didn't, but then i didn't need to anyway since i still got 1 promo ship in a box and have no clue what to do with it. But yeah maybe it looks good on paper for them that they gained more players....

What did it to the exchange again, drop prices for promo ships, so i guess that works out for the guys who buy them with hard earned EC.

Congratulations. I missed out on the ship box and only got lobi. My son got a ship box and seems interested in the Crossfield, if he ever gets to get ingame. He was the only one out of the family who got a ship box.

Still, not complaining. If I want a specific ship badly enough, I'll find a way to get it without spending money I don't have.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Now that they're out of surprise mechanics to give us, I wonder what the next giveaway will be. Uniform? Ship?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • hadursshadurss Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Now that they're out of surprise mechanics to give us, I wonder what the next giveaway will be. Uniform? Ship?

my guess is a tribble
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

I still hold-out hope that 1 day Cryptic will offer us a wingman function not just limited to a JH ship or worse still a limited time device. Call it a space combat pet or have it be one of a player's own stable of ships, even with limited abilities including another of a player's ship imo would be nice.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    as a new player the phoenix boxes where brilliant. Got the tsunkatze weapons and personal shield. Having kit that scales is great when you have just started out. I think a game that has been established for 10 years needs ways to keep new players coming in and this does help.

Other games have issues with the gap between new and established players putting new guys off.
    as a new player the phoenix boxes where brilliant. Got the tsunkatze weapons and personal shield. Having kit that scales is great when you have just started out. I think a game that has been established for 10 years needs ways to keep new players coming in and this does help.

Other games have issues with the gap between new and established players putting new guys off.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Phoenix_Prize_Pack

Kind of confused. Which weapon and shield did you get from the Phoenix box?
    O wait:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Tsunkatse_Gloves
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Sompek_Arena_Warrior#Sompek_Personal_Shield

Got those from the event. Forgot they were in the boxes.
    Give away is going until 29th. depending on how it is interpreted that is one or two more days to go.
    Don't think we'll be receiving the legendary packs announced earlier ^_^
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    tigeraries wrote: »

does it matter since the items (keys and infinity boxes) you get is bound to character... so when you open it, it should end up as bind to character/account. I have not used/opened any of these items yet... this is based on buying zen and then keys... the keys are bound and items you get from bound keys are also bound. if those items are bound then you cant transfer them or sell them on exchange, so does it matter if folks make new accounts?

Wrong. Items are after opening it like if you get a promo ship are not bound to account. I know cause i had somebody in my fleet getting one on a new created account.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    questerius wrote: »

Got almost all epic/ultra rare so that was nice. Not sure what to spend it on, but it is nice to have.

Pics or it din't happen. ;):p
    flat,1000x1000,075,f.u3.jpg
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    2 accounts and 10 greens, now maybe if cryptic would put out content that warranted actually upgrading gear for (or incentivised doing so for alts) they might get used.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User

O wait:

There's also the Sompek pulsewave and Sompek blast assault. I got those from the boxes, as well as the gloves and shield.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    I got my five commons from the Phoenix boxes and my 50 lobi from the R+D boxes. Thanks for the free stuff. Thank you for reminding me that these things are not worth actually buying. It's nice to get free stuff, and I hate to complain about it. It's just that so far this tenth anniversary is not as good as previous anniversaries and it's not living up to the hype. But, it's not over. Maybe things will get better.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I got my five commons from the Phoenix boxes and my 50 lobi from the R+D boxes. Thanks for the free stuff. Thank you for reminding me that these things are not worth actually buying. It's nice to get free stuff, and I hate to complain about it. It's just that so far this tenth anniversary is not as good as previous anniversaries and it's not living up to the hype. But, it's not over. Maybe things will get better.

Well, i had a T6 box, 50 lobi with the R&D and 16 Upgrades, YMMV, but its not over yet, perhaps RNGesus hates you?, :wink:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • corwinsilvercorwinsilver Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    "Until January 28th at 10am PT..."

January 28, servers are down from 6-11 AM PT...
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User

O wait:

There's also the Sompek pulsewave and Sompek blast assault. I got those from the boxes, as well as the gloves and shield.

Aye, got gloves, shield and assault. Pretty good for new toons to have scaling kit.

• stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    I'll be updating this post with news of new giveaways when they become available. Now comment and discuss.

Day 4
    5 Phoenix packs

You have day 4 description wrong. It was not Phoenix boxes but R&D promotional boxes.

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »
    I'll be updating this post with news of new giveaways when they become available. Now comment and discuss.

Day 4
    5 Phoenix packs

You have day 4 description wrong. It was not Phoenix boxes but R&D promotional boxes.

That was day 3, day 4 WAS Phoenix boxes.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    odd, perhaps day 4 is today? Tues 1/28120

Haven't logged in today.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • shewolf89shewolf89 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Oh great timing, you've dropped maintenance down right on top of when those of us in the UK get off work to collect the giveaway so now we miss a days item... slow clap for cryptic once again you TRIBBLE the UK gamers.
This discussion has been closed.