test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Claim the Uniform of Star Trek: Picard!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
We're so excited for the premiere of Star Trek: Picard - and for the first content from the show to enter our game! Wear the uniform of 2399 right now on PC, for free! Coming soon to Xbox One and Playstation 4.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11354113
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    :D
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    hm the colon-D smiley doesn't look as great as it should.

Fortunately the uniform does.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    Hmmm... I'm trying it out now, and it seems that belts like the Jupiter and Jupiter veteran ones partly disappear when combining it with the new uniform.

• Options
    vampirialvampirial Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    is this Uniform just the top and badge? no pants? or boots/shoes?
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Nice looking top of a uniform from the pic. Going to log-in to see how it looks in-game. Thanks to Cryptic & the new Picard series.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    thx for this giveaway, and the future giveaways
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    giphy.gif

Waiting for the release of the new ship models and textures that are so awesome!
  • Options
    ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    vampirial wrote: »
    is this Uniform just the top and badge? no pants? or boots/shoes?

I can't seem to find the correct pants.
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The Uniform is fine, especially since it's free. But honestly, it's just a top with a badge. there is no customization at all, aside from main and shoulder colours. You can't put a fleet emblem on it, belts clip through it (All of them) and you can't match the colour of the top with the TNG bottoms which is probably what they are meant for. Again, as a free gimmick it's a neat idea, but as a full uniform it lacks pig-3.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    bufusturbo92#2084 bufusturbo92 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    maybe I'm stupid, but how do i claim it?
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Besides the nice new Picard series uniform I'd like to thank Cryptic for the small logistical detail of allowing any character on the account to claim the uniform even if that particular character cannot wear it. A small detail that wasn't always the case & is appreciated.

Now for an off topic complaint, Cryptic, stop resetting all of my traits lol.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    maybe I'm stupid, but how do i claim it?

Promotions tab pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Thank you for the new uniform. Much appreciated!
  • Options
    madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Very much appreciated - combines nicely with the All Good Things pants and Odyssey shoes. The detailing is very nice, both of the yoke part, and the badge and new rank pips.

Few issues that need to be addressed - the uniform clips all pants and skirts. Belts clip as well. Only two combadge options (three if you count "none" as an option). The rank pips don't show up the black middle very well on the "half pips" - and whilst I am very grateful for a free uniform, a color pallet pointer would be very nice at the moment. Is Starfleet still using the red, blue, yellow division colors? If so, which color is for which department?

I understand certain things can't be given away until the show is out - but a few official pointers would be nice :-)

And thanks again! Aside from a small amount of clipping it really does look amazing.
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • Options
    phrgphrg Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Very much appreciated - combines nicely with the All Good Things pants and Odyssey shoes. The detailing is very nice, both of the yoke part, and the badge and new rank pips.

Few issues that need to be addressed - the uniform clips all pants and skirts. Belts clip as well. Only two combadge options (three if you count "none" as an option). The rank pips don't show up the black middle very well on the "half pips" - and whilst I am very grateful for a free uniform, a color pallet pointer would be very nice at the moment. Is Starfleet still using the red, blue, yellow division colors? If so, which color is for which department?

I understand certain things can't be given away until the show is out - but a few official pointers would be nice :-)

And thanks again! Aside from a small amount of clipping it really does look amazing.

With Fed aligned Romulan and Reman bridge officers the only rank options available are 'None' or 'Ensign'. Reman captain does have all ranks available. The 'Romulan Insignia' from the recently added Nanofiber Insulated Jacket would be a nice option...
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    a color pallet pointer would be very nice at the moment. Is Starfleet still using the red, blue, yellow division colors? If so, which color is for which department?

Red is Tac, Gold is Eng and Blue is Sci
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Absolutely fabulous. Thank you for the free uniform!

awKK2Kh.png
  • Options
    runebear37runebear37 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Very nice. But it isn't free for me. I claimed it from the promotions tab, and put it on my captain, but it's trying to charge me 550 Zen for it
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    We're so excited for the premiere of Star Trek: Picard - and for the first content from the show to enter our game! Wear the uniform of 2399 right now on PC, for free! Coming soon to Xbox One and Playstation 4.

Um, per the first episode it's actually
    ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User

;)

Incorrect. Per the first episode, it is in fact
    2399. They mention it's been 20 years since Data died, which was 2379.

As for the uniform, while it's nice to see them add it so quickly, it's woefully incomplete, and bugged:

- Wrong color palette
    - No matching pants or shoes
    - Belts clip into the uniform
    - Only 2399 style ranks/insignia

Would be nice to get the right colors and matching uniform pants.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    runebear37 wrote: »
    Very nice. But it isn't free for me. I claimed it from the promotions tab, and put it on my captain, but it's trying to charge me 550 Zen for it

No, it is free.

When you go into the tailor it sometimes randomly selects other uniform pieces for you that must be purchased. You probably got a piece auto-added from TOS, Bajoran, etc. that you need to switch back to a piece that you own or is free.

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    runebear37 wrote: »

No, it is free.

When you go into the tailor it sometimes randomly selects other uniform pieces for you that must be purchased. You probably got a piece auto-added from TOS, Bajoran, etc. that you need to switch back to a piece that you own or is free.

This happens to me a lot. Very annoying.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I hope the collar gets tweaked, it needs to be lifted away from the neck, like the Odyssey uniforms, because it clips at the top edge with narrow necks, and the neck swallows it up when the neck's thickness is increased from there.

Right now, I'm using the TNG pants for the uniform, but it needs the level of black that the Starfleet 2399 shirt/tunic (?). Charcoal grey is ok, but black is better.

Is the badge meant to only have a dark metallic background? It blends too easily to the main black part of the Starfleet 2399 shirt.

I have to watch the show when it comes out tonight, but I'm wondering if Admirals decided to ditch the typical trim that they usually have for their uniforms post Nemesis?
  • Options
    madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    a color pallet pointer would be very nice at the moment. Is Starfleet still using the red, blue, yellow division colors? If so, which color is for which department?

Red is Tac, Gold is Eng and Blue is Sci

Thanks. It's not always been the case because, Com is Gold, Red is Ops, Blue is Sci - and of course Com is Gold, Ops is Bronze, Sci is Silver. Then again the 29th Century uniforms... Com is Blue, Ops is Brown, Sci is Grey. And let's not get into the whole swath of colours used in TMP and TWOK (white, grey, mustard, light green, dark green, light blue, dark blue, red...)

We know at some point Starfleet change the colours around because of the Braxton episodes. Wasn't sure if they were sticking to the TNG use of colours, or whether they had shifted them again.

People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I am a bit underwhelmed by the design of the uniform, it mostly looks like an early DS9 variant with a badge which almost looks like the All Good Things one.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    meurik wrote: »

;)

Incorrect. Per the first episode, it is in fact
    2399. They mention it's been 20 years since Data died, which was 2379.

As for the uniform, while it's nice to see them add it so quickly, it's woefully incomplete, and bugged:

- Wrong color palette
    - No matching pants or shoes
    - Belts clip into the uniform
    - Only 2399 style ranks/insignia

Would be nice to get the right colors and matching uniform pants.

Except I believe they give Picard's Birthdate in the episode
    and state he is
    92 years old
    , which equals
    As for Data's death being 20 years ago - people often round off
    :)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Personally, I would have preferred the Admiral's uniform from the prelude comics. Free is free though. Thank you, PWE! It's just too bad the series isn't worth watching but hopefully the game content will be better than the Picard production.
  • Options
    celuur87celuur87 Member Posts: 1 New User
    It seems that this can't be applied to Discovery characters?
This discussion has been closed.