test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Event clothing??

spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
So can someone explain this to me.
During the winter/summer events, we can have clothing for the event.
Is there a limit to what kinds or something? once we pick one is that it, can we not pick the next one to try and fortify or something?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    spy8446 wrote: »
    Is there a limit to what kinds or something? once we pick one is that it, can we not pick the next one to try and fortify or something?

Could you rephrase that in a way that makes more sense, as it's phrased now I have absolutely no idea what you mean. All the clothing items in the seasonal events are 100% cosmetic and apart from certain restrictions at like any other cosmetic clothing item.
  • Options
    tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    You can have as many outfits as you can purchase. Outfit/costume slots might have a hard cap on them but I currently have 16 and can buy more. You aren't limited to only 1 Christmas sweater or set of board shorts. Buy em all if it's something you want. Space Barbie is the true endgame !
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

There are some cosmetic that can not always be worn, they are meant for off-duty only.

Then this winter event introduced the set of Breen costume gear which was purchasable with winter event items only during the winter event & can now be bought with lobi.

There are also some Reputation items where you have to have bought the whole set pieces for the costume to appear.

Then there are some cosmetics, from time to time, that offer your character partial invisibility which is nice even if not intended lol.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    You can also only unpack each unique item one time for each character, about the only true restriction with outfit's, is it seems the Federation Sweater currently can only be open or allowed by Federation Characters...

The same is true for Romulan or Klingon Sweaters, but previously they could all open them in the past. The only restriction was only a Klingon could buy the Klingon Sweater or Vice Versa, but if previously given a Fed or Rom Sweater they could open it. That now appears to not be the case...

Yet while they've seemingly changed those 3 Sweaters, most others event clothing can be opened by all. Yet for some reason the new Discovery, Odessey, or Cold Day in Grethor are allowed by all characters regardless of Faction.

So I'm not sure why this year or last they prevented Klingons from opening the Fed or Romulan Sweaters, or the other factions from open their other 2?

@ambassadorkael#6946
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    sorry had baby in hands at the time.

I got several winter clothing items of the same style, but different colors (A bit of a collector for items) but only one of each could be unlocked, the others tell me "You do not meet the requirements" so I am wondering if they have a lock or something on a style of clothing, that you pick one and thats it or how is it supposed to work?
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    No, you can open one of each color/style on each of your characters. I have like half a dozen different colors of cropped winter jackets & short winter jackets on my main, for instance.

But you can't open a second identical box on the same character. Once you've unlocked (for ex) Cropped Black Winter Jacket, trying to unlock the same box again on the same character will give an error. Because you've already unlocked it.
    (if that's not what you're talking about, I've no idea what the problem is.)

...hmm, there's a thought. How do all the different lengths of Winter Jackets work on male characters?
  • Options
    kind of, there are some that I KNOW I did not unlock with my character, but they wold not open up for me. all the new ones did so just fine, but the old ones appeared to be having a problem.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    kind of, there are some that I KNOW I did not unlock with my character, but they wold not open up for me. all the new ones did so just fine, but the old ones appeared to be having a problem.
    Did you look in the tailor to see if they were available options?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    I tried them with different toons that had no event clothing at all, Fed and KDF, male and female.
    guess im just lucky or something.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    You already mentioned it, so it probably isn't the case, but the only instance I can think of which would give a "not meeting requirements" error would be trying to open a clothing item for females on a male toon. Especially "cropped" jackets.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    You already mentioned it, so it probably isn't the case, but the only instance I can think of which would give a "not meeting requirements" error would be trying to open a clothing item for females on a male toon. Especially "cropped" jackets.
    If it's a female only item that can be worn by boffs, then that won't happen either.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    If it's a female only item that can be worn by boffs, then that won't happen either.
    Maybe it will, maybe it won't.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The only limitation for event clothing besides the obvious gender limitation is swimsuits can only be worn on Risa.
  • Options
    I was just trying to unpack them, eh I will go to a talor and use pen and paper to see what I have
This discussion has been closed.