test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time for New Romulus To Upgrade

ineluki71ineluki71 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
I have been with the game since Beta and will always be with it! But please please can we get New Romulus to start growing and becoming something grander? The unfinished city below would be great to have as well!

This could be a place where STO shines in creating its own social hub where some amazing things to happen!

Thoughts on getting New Romulus to get a stage 2 area for higher ranks or meeting a certain chain of missions, please join the discussion and let the STO team know!
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• sinnarisinnari Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    That would be so cool, maybe a phased area, or separate servers, something to allow for the growth of New Romulus after all these years in a future where star ships are built in no time, a city should be easy... maybe? :smiley:
  • sinnarisinnari Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @sinnari said:
    > That would be so cool, maybe a phased area, or separate servers, something to allow for the growth of New Romulus after all these years in a future where star ships are built in no time, a city should be easy... maybe? :smiley:

In game time it hasn't been years. The ships are built in the dyson sphere.

True, just wishful thinking, be nice to explore a cityscape of sorts. The "wilds" can still be wild, research still going on, incoming/outgoing stuff from the staging area, but once you enter the command center, maybe some doors or turbo lifts to the Remen area, or a Romulan city like Quonos.
  • dylankoshdylankosh Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I would love to see what they do with the Reman UnderCity. Maybe a Featured Episode or 2 to remind people that there is a reason for it to be there. Obisek can have a few lines, even :smile:
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    sinnari wrote: »
    True, just wishful thinking, be nice to explore a cityscape of sorts. The "wilds" can still be wild, research still going on, incoming/outgoing stuff from the staging area, but once you enter the command center, maybe some doors or turbo lifts to the Remen area, or a Romulan city like Quonos.

As 'turnerboy' once explained, the Remen area, much like the ESD shuttle bay was never meant to be accessible. It's built simply for realism rather than having just put a 2D painting there because it's closer to the area you are intended to have access to.

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    New Romulus is silly. Just a few scattered tents, some epohhs, an assortment of stray cargo vessels... a small command center, and that's it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited December 2019
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    New Romulus is silly. Just a few scattered tents, some epohhs, an assortment of stray cargo vessels... a small command center, and that's it.

Well, the command center is fairly good sized with the shuttle bay and embassy considering it's 'new' construction. Now as for epohhs, that's silly. Somehow the Romulans would have you believe that those rodents are somehow in danger and their numbers dwindling when in fact the place is overrun by them.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    The whole mess is silly. Same with how Cryptic keeps time in game. It's extra silly.

I would love for them to have the planet progress. Hell, a fleet can build up a colony world faster than the Romulans and Remans can. But it appears that something "grand" like New Romulus is meant to be a "fire and forget" sort of thing.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I would like to see new Romulus increase to a stage two maybe a stage III something other than the constant it’s in the infant stages of being built
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    That lack of progress could have something to do with the gateway trap. According to the arc about it the planet was wracked by severe earthquakes which would have probably had a bad effect on the buildings already in place, and they may be waiting to see if it all settles out before pressing ahead with extensive plans.

Also, a lot of the dialog in the Romulan arc implies that they are somewhat elf-like in attitude and more likely to build small standalone installations that blend in with the natural setting rather than rip up large areas to build a conventional city.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Eh, like most things in the game, I see New Romulus as being stuck in a time-bubble. I suppose I wouldn't be opposed to the addition of a proper city zone/social hub with connections to the old romulan adventure zone along with an entirely new adjacent zone with whatever plot device is required.

Personally, I'd rather see Bajor get a connected Adventure Zone so there would finally be more use for that place.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Also please let us skip the introductory cutscene.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    angarus1 wrote: »

YES.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    As I say every time this topic comes up, you're never going to get any progress on New Romulus development with so many lazy slackers standing around constantly being yelled at to get to work. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User

That would be a welcome change!
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The New Romulus adventure zone represents the area as it was when first colonized, when there were interesting adventure-y things to do there. There would be no point in "upgrading" it to a completed state with nothing left to do but gawk at it.

YES!

And get rid of that dumb unlocking of each individual area in the teleporter system. It's not on ESD, or DS9, or anywhere else. It's a rather annoying, passive-aggressive 'we are going to make you go thru it all, on purpose, because we want to feign real content' kinda thing, akin to having to plow thru the horrible Delta Quadrant patrols (to this date, I still have traumas from fighting ground Vaadwaur on Delta Prime).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Also, I would very much love a transwarp to the Flotilla. It's gorgeous (like an Elachi bridge kinda deal), but totally abandoned by Cryptic (like Roms in general, it seems).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User

YES!

And get rid of that dumb unlocking of each individual area in the teleporter system. It's not on ESD, or DS9, or anywhere else. It's a rather annoying, passive-aggressive 'we are going to make you go thru it all, on purpose, because we want to feign real content' kinda thing, akin to having to plow thru the horrible Delta Quadrant patrols (to this date, I still have traumas from fighting ground Vaadwaur on Delta Prime).

That's because DS9 and ESD are more social hub than the new homeworld for the crows. You don't have pitched combat and constant dealing with hostile wildlife on ESD or DS9(unless you count ESD's overflowing septic tank zone chat). I don't have a problem with unlocking waypoints in an area. Worked fine for me on Nimbus 3, works fine for the STOrassic Park dino petting zoo, and it works fine in Kobalistan. Or should I call it Siege of Vaad-Vraks? Besides, you need the exercise to get back in shape after holiday season.

In fact, I'd rather that the warzones had better, more fierce contesting with holding the teleporter objectives. Or maybe we should remove the teleporters. Make everyone run to every area if they want to get something done.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > YES!
    >
    > And get rid of that dumb unlocking of each individual area in the teleporter system.

Nimbus III.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited December 2019
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

YES!

That's because DS9 and ESD are more social hub than the new homeworld for the crows. You don't have pitched combat and constant dealing with hostile wildlife on ESD or DS9(unless you count ESD's overflowing septic tank zone chat). I don't have a problem with unlocking waypoints in an area. Worked fine for me on Nimbus 3, works fine for the STOrassic Park dino petting zoo, and it works fine in Kobalistan. Or should I call it Siege of Vaad-Vraks? Besides, you need the exercise to get back in shape after holiday season.

In fact, I'd rather that the warzones had better, more fierce contesting with holding the teleporter objectives. Or maybe we should remove the teleporters. Make everyone run to every area if they want to get something done.

It was fine, indeed, for building a new world. But the point of this thread was, that New Romulus should have been finished by now; e.g, no more wildlife, no more tents, no more offloading cargo ships everywhere. New Romulus should become a social zone, just like ESD or DS9.

EDIT: My point just is, I think it's time New Romulus got rid of that 'first settlers' look. It was absolutely functional for its time, but Roms are an industrious ppl, and weren't born to be farmers for ever.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    ltminns wrote: »
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > YES!
    >
    > And get rid of that dumb unlocking of each individual area in the teleporter system.

Nimbus III.

I don't spend much time on Nimbus III (outside killing the occassional Gorn for an Endeavor). It's like a shanty-town, really. I did try and board the space station in orbit once, but it's just faux (with no collision even).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > YES!
    >

Nimbus III.

I don't spend much time on Nimbus III (outside killing the occassional Gorn for an Endeavor). It's like a shanty-town, really. I did try and board the space station in orbit once, but it's just faux (with no collision even).

There was a time you could talk to the captain stationed on the space station, the guy who got into some trouble with the Law. But not a peep from him even if you approach the station these days.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    @gradii Here's the second (non-petition) thread the OP made on the subject, if you'd care to add your $0.02

Personally, I'd like to see some progress made on the rebuilding. Perhaps as has been suggested, a new map. Surely they've been there long enough for us to see some progress despite the lazy Romulans standing around doing nothing while we run around and do all the work? (I ignore them now, they never get back to work.).
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • quistis2quistis2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Agreed
    echatty wrote: »
    @gradii Here's the second (non-petition) thread the OP made on the subject, if you'd care to add your $0.02

Personally, I'd like to see some progress made on the rebuilding. Perhaps as has been suggested, a new map. Surely they've been there long enough for us to see some progress despite the lazy Romulans standing around doing nothing while we run around and do all the work? (I ignore them now, they never get back to work.).

If you had worked harder maybe it would be done. :p
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2019
    ineluki71 wrote: »
    I have been with the game since Beta and will always be with it! But please please can we get New Romulus to start growing and becoming something grander? The unfinished city below would be great to have as well!

This could be a place where STO shines in creating its own social hub where some amazing things to happen!

Thoughts on getting New Romulus to get a stage 2 area for higher ranks or meeting a certain chain of missions, please join the discussion and let the STO team know!

Yea I'd love to visit the Lower Reman City level's, in fact a lot of us wondered if were ever going to see that; not to mention New Romulus getting a bit of a Overhaul or Update.
    Also, I would very much love a transwarp to the Flotilla. It's gorgeous (like an Elachi bridge kinda deal), but totally abandoned by Cryptic (like Roms in general, it seems).

I've heard they plan to revisit some of the earlier Klingon or Romulan missions in 2020; and possibly a few Federation Ones. Of course nothing official, yet it would be nice to see, a few older missions updated; yet balanced with a few new Episodes in the year or so ahead.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I'd rather see Defera advancing with alliance help and finally fixing that wrecked space station. It's a pity Cryptic abandoned their original story lines like that.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I'd rather see Defera advancing with alliance help and finally fixing that wrecked space station. It's a pity Cryptic abandoned their original story lines like that.

Several of the Cold War series are also included in what they eventually hope to modernize or update; so maybe your wish might also be considered...
    0zxlclk.png
This discussion has been closed.