test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RIP Rene Auberjonois

steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
As per the title, he has passed away from lung cancer aged 79.

RIP - another sad loss to the Star Trek, and STO, families.

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Devastating loss.. just so sad to hear. :disappointed:

I am glad that he was able to lend his talents to STO, his voice work really was one of the highlights of VIL. He will be deeply missed.. R.I.P. You’re a true legend.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Devastating loss.. just so sad to hear. :disappointed:

I am glad that he was able to lend his talents to STO, his voice work really was one of the highlights of VIL. He will be deeply missed.. R.I.P. You’re a true legend.

Odo was one of my favorite characters from DS9, I was thrilled to see him make an appearance here and thrilled to hear Rene's voice. A great actor (screen and voice), he will indeed be missed. Rest in peace Odo.
    Sig_CivAnarchy_Kira_zpskr5zute4.png
    Winter Ivy (HR) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Flame (CW) / Winter Moon (SW)
    Civil Anarchy Guild Leader
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    This is truly awful news, espically so close to the holidays i feel for the family.
    RIP to a Acting God (even if Odo didnt think he was one)
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Another legend has passed away.

My thoughts are with his friends, family and loved ones
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Yep, herd about it to.

From the Hollywood Reporter.

Damn...
    maybe I'll run a ViL mission to night. Might even pop the original M*A*S*H tonight (He was the original Priest in it).
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Just saw it on Facebook and was wondering if it was being discussed here. Another Deep Space Nine star is gone.
    Thank goodness we were able to get Victory Is Life done last year... it's one of the best expansions.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    A terrible loss, for certain. He will be missed.
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    For those who dont know players are currently Honouring him at his Office on DS9 if you wish to join.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    René Auberjonois has died. He is best known as Odo in DS9. He did several voice overs for STO episodes. He will be greatly missed.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Not another one man. *salute* o7
    latest?cb=20061204141406&path-prefix=en
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Not another one! First, D.C. Fontana, then Odo now the other guy who I just learned was Charlie X in TOS. RIP.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,214 Arc User
    I had no idea just how old he was.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    "LOS ANGELES — René Auberjonois, a prolific actor best known for his roles on the television shows “Benson” and “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine” and his part in the 1970 film “M.A.S.H.” playing Father Mulcahy, has passed away. He was 79.
    The actor died Sunday at his home in Los Angeles of metastatic lung cancer, his son Remy Auberjonois told The Associated Press."

We were lucky to have René Auberjonois lend us his voice acting talents for the Victory is Life expansion.

I wish we were able to the Vorta added to the game with the Jem'Hadar, esp. considering that Odo had tried to save Wayoun 5, who was 'defective' in the eyes of the Dominion. He would have ensured they also took part in saving the Dominion from the Hur'q.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    We had a bunch of guys over at the security office on Deep Space 9 for a torchlight vigil. You can see myself and @darkbladejk standing as honor guard in the first pic.
    8B30B7EA964A04DF137ABE3D8EA7E3860A751B36
    4B82ABFA804C4F157516F34F81CDD4734D99B620
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Rest in peace indeed, and I hope you enjoyed your stay on this planet.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    was plenty of good shots to come out of it and I have to say I was glad to see the community come together for this. Within 5-10 minutes of the news coming DS9 filled near to capacity. I had the privilege of guarding the door for 4 hours and 15 minutes before I traded off with someone. Was several changing of the guards type things that i observed. First guy that joined me was a Jem'hadar that stuck around for an hour and 15 minutes before he had other obligations. Another person stepped in without anyone saying a word when he had to leave. I am proud the community was able to come together for this.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/dec/09/rene-auberjonois-actor-who-starred-in-mash-star-trek-and-benson-dies-aged-79

I believe he was one of the better actors in Star Trek, and particularly enjoyed his work in STO.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    We have a thread for it in Ten Forward here.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    really hate to hear this have to say odo and the butler from benson were my favorite characters of his.
    rip
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    was plenty of good shots to come out of it and I have to say I was glad to see the community come together for this. Within 5-10 minutes of the news coming DS9 filled near to capacity. I had the privilege of guarding the door for 4 hours and 15 minutes before I traded off with someone. Was several changing of the guards type things that i observed. First guy that joined me was a Jem'hadar that stuck around for an hour and 15 minutes before he had other obligations. Another person stepped in without anyone saying a word when he had to leave. I am proud the community was able to come together for this.

That's what sets the Trek community above the rest .... Togetherness

• ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Truly a shame to lose another great actor.
  • turkina11turkina11 Member Posts: 6 Arc User