What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RIP Rene Auberjonois

2»

Comments

• turkina11turkina11 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Another great loss.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Sad indeed, and condolences for all those who will miss him.

A semi-weird thought I've had before though... I am grateful to STO and Cryptic, and the actors, for capturing one more Star Trek experience for us with the characters and the IP we care so much about.

Thank you for Odo, René. May your final journey be an adventure.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    This is sad news.

I didn't even know he was ill. I don't follow twitter, but I did check out his twitter account (or rather Instagram) today... He posted a lot of introspective quotes that seem to also deal with life and death lately... Could just be coincidence*, but it almost seems he had some time to prepare for the inevitable.

This one seems to be particularly fitting for him and his role of Odo:
    EJd7p-kWsAUEV4k.jpg:large

With him and Aaron dying this year, I guess the DS9 documentation kinda came at the last possible moment for everyone that wanted to still contribute.

*) But I really don't think it is.
    starswordc wrote: »
    We had a bunch of guys over at the security office on Deep Space 9 for a torchlight vigil. You can see myself and @darkbladejk standing as honor guard in the first pic.
    8B30B7EA964A04DF137ABE3D8EA7E3860A751B36
    4B82ABFA804C4F157516F34F81CDD4734D99B620

Where does the torchlight come from?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    He was one of the greats, he will be missed
    GwaoHAD.png
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Where does the torchlight come from?

I wish I knew, I would like a torch to.

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @liontriad said:
    > Bad enough we lost Aron Eisenberg....now Rene too :(. Frak cancer.
    >
    > https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/rene-auberjonois-actor-featured-in-star-trek-and-altman-films-dies-at-79/2019/12/08/3f59c822-1a0d-11ea-b4c1-fd0d91b60d9e_story.html

So far DS9 has lost a writer and two beloved actors this year. (Previous the actor that played Admiral Ross died). I'm tired out losing great actors and others to cancer, cure this disease already.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    devencombs wrote: »
    René Auberjonois has died. He is best known as Odo in DS9. He did several voice overs for STO episodes. He will be greatly missed.

In ST as Odo... to me he is best know for his long role as Clayton in Benson during the 80s
    I loved him both as Odo and Fraiser's Mentor on Fraiser (two of my favourite Fraiser episode).
    > @reyan01 said:
    > Hate to say it, but at this rate the Memorial Plaque stone will need to become a memorial WALL

Ouch. I'm hoping its too soon for that.
    Rick Berman's tweet on Rene's passing below, apparently he and his wife had just had dinner with Rene and his wife just last week. I feel bad for Rick (and Rene and their spouses of course), it must have caught Rick by surprise if Rene was well enough to have over dinner guests just last week.

"Rick Berman

@berman_rick

Liz and I just had dinner at René and Judith’s home a few weeks ago...a heartbreaking and unspoken goodbye. He was truly a Renaissance man. One of the few I ever met. Always a joy to be with. A dear friend. I will miss him."
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @sukhothai said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I wish I knew, I would like a torch to.

I figured it out from the patch notes for tomorrow (12/11), its an emote from last anniversary, as of tomorrow we will all have it.
    "/emote holdtorch"
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Very sad news indeed. So shortly after Aron and D.C. Fontana passed away too.

At least mr. Auberjonois lived a long life, enabling him to share his talents with the world for so long. I'm also glad he still got to do his work for ViL, his (together with Combs's) voice acting is the best of that expansion.

RIP and thank you René.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.