test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to login

Playing a mission and it loged out on me. Said it had timed out. Been a few hours now and it still will not login. Days connection to account server t ik med out. Any one else getting this

Comments

• Options
    chyrondave#2737 chyrondave Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I've not been able to log in since the update on November 12. The game keeps crashing on the title screen.

I never had a problem prior to that November 12 update.
  • Options
    voyagergonoszvoyagergonosz Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    same problem, they dont seems to care.
  • Options
    f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    Very rarely Can I log on. Even in safe mode. Today, Monday morning at 3 am central , is like any other day. Can't log on.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I've not been able to log in since the update on November 12. The game keeps crashing on the title screen.

I never had a problem prior to that November 12 update.
    Some solutions/suggestions/comments from others, which could help some people, in general and not to a specific case (I am just a newbie player)

1. in launcher options, you may try just in case to force verify (while on demand patching is turned OFF)
    2. make sure your drivers etc are updated - good advice in general, no idea if applies to you.
    3. jayfreelancer wrote, in response to one who said safe mode allowed him to login:
    Do you have an Alienware monitor by any chance? I was having the same problem today and it turned out to be some fault with the AlienFX lighting that was causing it. I have the AW3418DW.

I'd been battling with the problem all day and after reading a LOT of posts I stumbled across a suggestion that the AlienFX driver might be the problem. I was about to try uninstalling the driver when on a hunch I simply turned my monitor off and on again. I then launched STO and it worked immediately. My guess is something must have been locked up in the monitor hardware, and even a computer restart hadn't helped because of course the monitor had power the whole time.
    https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13556502/#Comment_13556502

No idea if any of this helps you but who knows.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    The problem still persists on my end. I've covered all the bells and whistles, and still no joy. I've pretty much just thrown in the towel at this point and moved on.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Sorry, I can't help/have an advice here anymore.

I hope the login issue you and others have will be solved soon (it's really tough not being able to login that long :( )

BTW, while I don't crash and am able to login myself, I have a chat system issue myself (reported elsewhere but regarding an unsupported OS) since 12th of Nov/the breech too, which is the same date in which the 1st unresolved unable to login current issue initially appeared for others here.

So regardless, I also ofc hope my own issue will somehow be fixed too maybe coincidentally together with another, windows, bug (login/crahs related?) also introduced on 12th of Nov which is possibly, but not surely, (I don't know) related somehow, or by a willing and able dev who finds a connection/the reason/what could have gone wrong here too.
  • Options
    darkstar3862darkstar3862 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have been away from the game a long time. I haven't logged in in years. Life got in the way. I have tried contacting tech support but they are not getting back to me. My issue is that I no longer use the email address associated with the account so I can't change that. The other is I have forgotten my password, so I can't even change that. I was wondering if anyone here might know of someone within tech support that I could be directed to so that I can change my password or email address. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.