What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can we please get a T6 Oberth

Comments

• Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I found these images of a TNG styled Oberth, I think it looks pretty cool.

Q7zStHr.jpg
    hfmsUaJ.jpg

That to me, looks like the saucer section of the Enterprise was making an escape, only to be captured by a Romulan Warbird.

Looks totally comical to me, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I like to think that at some point after they are done with the discovery stuff they will release this ship as a T6.
  • Options
    rhazedurilerhazedurile Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I'm thinking/hoping that the 10 anniversary roadmap hint of "the ships you've been waiting for" will see the T6 Oberth, and every other non T6 canon ship.
    dZWjlSs.jpg
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I found these images of a TNG styled Oberth, I think it looks pretty cool.

Q7zStHr.jpg
    hfmsUaJ.jpg

I like it
  • Options
    I'm thinking/hoping that the 10 anniversary roadmap hint of "the ships you've been waiting for" will see the T6 Oberth, and every other non T6 canon ship.
    Well I really hope so then, I've been wanting it for some time now.

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Oberth class ships have 3 times the amount of episode appearances (12) compared to the Nova (4) and have even been featured in a Star Trek film. A T6 Oberth should obviously come first. Nova can come later.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Oberth class ships have 3 times the amount of episode appearances (12) compared to the Nova (4) and have even been featured in a Star Trek film. A T6 Oberth should obviously come first. Nova can come later.
    I never realized that the Oberth made so many more appearances.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    I have to wonder why the starfleet engineers made the ship out of explodium.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    I'm sure quite a few people have already mentioned that joke by now.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I'm sure quite a few people have already mentioned that joke by now.

It deserves to be remembered though.
    Not a massive fan of the Oberth myself, but we did an Oberth only ISA run once with our fleet. Good times.
    Quite a bit of respawn, worthy of the explodium armor.:P
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    I'd rather see the two T4 sci ships get T6 treatment right after the Nova which should be next.. not because I want to see the Nova, but the 50,651 threads would finally end
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    The Oberth has been stuck on T1 well before those two T4 ships or the T5 Nova, I think it's more deserving of getting the T6 treatment first.
  • Options
    ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    I keep my fingers crossed that you get that ship someday...heck I hope they just flat out give you one after all the calls for it all these years.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Could you please not derail this thread, if you wish to show the Nova support then post about it in the Nova thread by Reyan.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    the only way I could get behind any more federation ships is if there is a Warbird and Klingon counterpart
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    GOD NO to a T6 Oberth. Anyone who wants that needs to let it go.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    It could be a good little scouting ship along the lines of the Vulcan scout.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
      edited November 2019

Been wondering that last bit for while. It would be impractical if the crew had to use transporters, esp. if they were on the blink.

The only other way would be to either use Jefferies Tubes or turbolifts built into the struts.
      I would imagine that there's some sort of funicular elevators in them.

According to something the designer said about the criticism that turbolifts would have a hard time with the thin curving struts, the answer is that the turbolifts turn on their sides to travel the struts, sort of like how the elevators in the Gateway arch in St. Louis are wider than they are tall to navigate the curved arch. Since turbolifts have their own gravity and inertial dampers such a roll to navigate the struts would be no problem at all. The following video shows how necessary those systems are for even normal operation, starting at about halfway through the clip:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=g4WeV2Hy1-s
    • Options
      marcaptain2010marcaptain2010 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
      When I was a kid, I had one of those silver-painted plastic Hot-Wheels Oberths. I have always hated the boat-looking part on the bottom, so I pried it off, and imagined it to be a variant of the original ship. When the new T6 Somerville Intel sci vessel was launched, I immediately saw it as the T6 version of the half-Oberth that I grew up with, and will continue to do so, unless they come out with another ship that officially claims Oberth lineage.
    • Options
      nixie50 wrote: »
      the only way I could get behind any more federation ships is if there is a Warbird and Klingon counterpart
      Yeah that's fair.
    • Options
      blackshap9#1072 blackshap9 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
      there is no such thing as a T6 Oberth mainly because the old Oberth was replaced by the Nova following trek lore
    • Options
      mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      there is no such thing as a T6 Oberth mainly because the old Oberth was replaced by the Nova following trek lore

That isn't really the reason there is no Tier 6 Oberth. It is completely irrelevant what ships replaced what other ship. Otherwise we wouldn't have Tier 6 Constitutions or Excelsiors, there are clearly successors for these ship classes already.

The reason are not exactly known to us, but it can be a mix of "Cryptic didn't have time for it yet". "Cryptic didn't have a good idea for it yet" "Cryptic thinks it wouldn't sell as well as other ships they could make instead". "Other ships have taken priority due to better fitting into the story or the new show/movie material becoming available".
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • Options
      blackshap9#1072 blackshap9 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
      edited December 2019

That isn't really the reason there is no Tier 6 Oberth....
      The reason are not exactly known to us,..

well if you admit that YOU DON"T KNOW the reason then how do you know that what I wrote is not the reason :P
      The answer is of course you don't know.
      I don't know either but my point is that my reasoning makes sense because there is no reason for an updated Oberth because the Nova replaced it.

Nobody really wants a T6 Oberth anyway...

Make a poll and find out.

• Options
      echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
      ^You can only speak for yourself, not everyone else. Saying nobody wants one is flawed anyway since the OP of this thread clearly wants one.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
      Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
      I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    • Options

well if you admit that YOU DON"T KNOW the reason then how do you know that what I wrote is not the reason :P
      I don't know either but my point is that my reasoning makes sense because there is no reason for an updated Oberth because the Nova replaced it.

Speak for yourself there’s a lot of people that want one
    • Options
      baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator

Seven pages, this thread is. Your "nobody really wants" statement is false on the face of it. Troll somewhere else.
      GrWzQke.png
      Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
      Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
      Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
      ----> Contact Customer Support <----
      Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
      Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
      Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
      Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    • Options

94 post and they are an expert on what the players want
    • Options
      edited January 2020
      I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will get the T6 Oberth this anniversary.

However with all the dangerous fires happening over here in Australia I have no idea if I will still be able to play the game, they are awfully close.
    This discussion has been closed.