What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is your special maneuver in battle

2»

Comments

• Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    As someone else said, it's a complex matter. I build each of my ship for a specific purpose.

- I have a polaron beam build on a JH Vanguard ship which is used for doing generally good damage vs multiple or single targets.For this one it's just normal combat as the damage is pretty good against any possible scenario. As for the survival, it's at a sufficient minimal. Not much invested in defense. So I just enter combat and shoot at everything hoping to destroy them all before taking too much damage. Support wings help both the damage and defensive situations.
    Special maneuver in battle: enter it like a Klingon and shoot everything. FAW and TS !

- The Immortal Voth RA tank has a complete different tactic: I just get right in the middle of the dozens of enemies and keep them on me as much as possible. The primary tactic is to make everything stay and shoot me while team-mates clear enemies out. In scenarios where I'm 100% alone, it just takes a lot of time to destroy all ships since this build is purely defense focused.
    Special maneuver in battle: taunt all and have fun while not even my shields get scratched most of the time.

- The mine-layer 3-5 Vorgon tank is similar to the Voth RA above but it's a mine build, not a beam build and therefore I need to make enemies stay in my mines. Support powers do that well, GW, the new rep one and other tricks.It uses 3 mine layers supported by 2 tac patterns so there will be a lot of mines.
    Special maneuver in battle: after a few dozen mines, use GW, Tractor beam and other things to bring and keep everyone in contact with them.

- For the torp ship I changed the role recently. It was a Xindi Aqua with support fighters working by the logic that the fighters will contribute to down the enemy shields while torps do the rest. I later changed that for a Rom ship and adapted to a decloak and fire tactic, with some mine support added to compensate for the lack of fighters. So this ended up being a direct attack ship instead of a ranged torp ship. I'm still researching if this change was a good one.
    Special maneuver in battle: GW + constant torp fire. Cloak if escape needed.
    Special maneuver in battle [old ship]: spawn GW at long range and keep a long line of torps coming while Fs roam around and help with everything.

- T6 Scimi is designed to be a 1-shot ship with everything focused on burst instant damage. It's a paper thin armor helped a little by MW, but it's not at all recommended to become a primary target for high damage enemies.
    Special maneuver in battle: Decloak, fire at single target, cloak back, repeat.

- There's also a multi-purpose universally balanced Husnock Warship , with enough damage and sustainability to be used in most scenarios; no excessive damage or defense.
    Special maneuver in battle: None whatsoever. I just try to keep it under the radar while doing enough damage to count.

- AP beam Fleet Qugh with double cloaking ability; no exaggerated damage resistance, but very good sustained damage. I fire at everything for high damage and if things go wrong I have both battle cloak and Voth cloak to use, so I can stay in combat most of the time and escape it at will. The good thing is that enemies will think that if I cloak and de-cloak then they will be able to finish me off, which does not happen since I can use the Voth cloak if there's still danger.
    Special maneuver in battle: Do heavy damage, cloak if too many enemies on me, immediately de-cloak, do more damage and re-cloak.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    With pilot ships and the pilot manoeuvres I like to fly towards the target, use the fast forward when passing the target, turn and make a new run. I also like to pass under the target because I suppose the belly of the enemy ship is a weak spot, but that is silly of course.

I also like to use mines with the new mine ralocating skill. Auto-fire mines, cluster ships with a gravity wel, reallocate the mines at the target. The reallocating skil also replaces the aceton assimilator and perhaps other features you can drop.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    echatty wrote: »
    Fly in, shoot weapons off, fly around and activate abilities and shoot some more until everything dies.

Never used keybinds or anything else like that. I activate things manually.

Yeah, not very organized but I manage to kill things before I die, most of the time.

I believe that you do and it’s always most important that you play exactly how you like to play. :)

If you ever change your mind about key binds however always feel free to ask though. It’s a very personal thing as it has to work out best for every player individually. Don’t hesitate because you feel they are any hard to set up. First me or one of the others would help you, second it only takes like half an hour a single time and third from that moment onwards it will change the way you play. It will make some things much easier and therefore give you the opportunity to concentrate on other things with bigger impact.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I Do the DR maneuvers because its the best maneuver ever and all the players love it.
  • Options
    lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    My manuever is simple and not elegant.

1) 2 meters from contact with the mobs i hit Alpha and go down fighting, space bar.
    2) Grav well, lauch proton charges, Bfaw 3, distributed targeting 2 and kemocite laced weapons two, space bar. After about 1 or two seconds the auto fire torp spread 1 from Entwined matrices fires the qauntum phase torps. Sheilds melt. The i use delayed overload cascade to blow them a part while grav well pulls them back together in time for the coupe de gra
    3) beam overload matched with torp spread 3. Due to entwined metrices effect it upgrades the beam overload to a befaw beam overload and by then everything on elite or hard is dead. And i just have to dodge all the explosions.

with this attack befaw pretty much stays up almost indefinitely constantly hitting while adding dot and massive crits atm with my current build i max at around 19k per beam so nothing really last long enough to really have a follow up maneuver.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »
    Explode violently, usually

Kill the NPC by warp core breech. Classic.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Fly in, shoot weapons off, fly around and activate abilities and shoot some more until everything dies.

Never used keybinds or anything else like that. I activate things manually.

Yeah, not very organized but I manage to kill things before I die, most of the time.

I believe that you do and it’s always most important that you play exactly how you like to play. :)

If you ever change your mind about key binds however always feel free to ask though. It’s a very personal thing as it has to work out best for every player individually. Don’t hesitate because you feel they are any hard to set up. First me or one of the others would help you, second it only takes like half an hour a single time and third from that moment onwards it will change the way you play. It will make some things much easier and therefore give you the opportunity to concentrate on other things with bigger impact.

Thanks. I may take you up on that one day. I never have been very organized IRL or games. It's mostly go in fighting and hope I don't die lol.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    point my weapons to the target (usualy trying to keep 3 in my front arc for my cannons), buff up and stay there till its dead :)
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Launch an Adapted MACO grenade, continue with a full auto rifle while closing in and then finish with a pulsewave shot.

If possible, shoot, move around a pillar and shoot from the other side of it. If there is no pillar-like structure available, you simply get close to the enemy, shoot some of them with a pulsewave and then make a full circle to shoot the remaining enemies. (This last thing isn't particularly useful, but it looks great and it's fun to do :p ).
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    And for space missions there's Attack Pattern Exo-Vesta.

Other ships are usually flown by simply getting in range of the enemy, start turning around them when using beams and then going in reverse to quickly turn and fire torpedoes. When using cannons, it's a sort of hit and run attack, shifting from going forward and backwards while you keep facing the enemy.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    thatsgottahurtthatsgottahurt Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    monodoso wrote: »
    I was just wondering if my fellow players have developed their own fighting maneuvers in battle. If you have can you please share and tell us how you came up with it and how it has worked for you.

My maneuver is using Gravity Well on a group of ships and then using tractor beam repulsors to move them away causing damage. Then after that I will use Forced Challenge to bring a ship back to me.

That is a good one.

I like to use the multi tractor emitter console to hit three ships with tractor beams while I have a good speed, and then hit Eject Warp Plasma and drag them through the plasma. Usually they die by the time the plasma trail ends.

Also, with my NX Refit ship, it's so maneuverable I like to crank the engine energy, aim all my front weapons at a large ship like a dreadnought, and using a combination of forward and strafing, completely circle the big ship with my forward guns always facing it and keep firing. You are literally a ship length away from the larger ship running circles around it with your forward guns always facing toward the enemy.

• Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    This is a very complex question and would take more time than I have to explain it in detail for all my builds. :)

Really?? I'd be more inclined to agree with Seaofsorrows. In fact, given how easy it is to kill stuff in the game, I'd probably reduce it even further to "Press the space bar" :)

For me the game (outside of PvP, which pretty much no longer exists) has never needed any particular skill or special manoeuvre.

Perhaps it could be reworded it as "Favourite artistic flare, when shooting fish in a barrel"

P.S: I was really bad (and still am) at PvP, so don't take it that I'm bragging :)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My special manuever is getting the game to recognize that I have clicked to stop full Impulse before I overshoot the target. The other special manuever is to find the mouse cursor in the lightshow to activate a skill.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    equinox976 wrote: »
    This is a very complex question and would take more time than I have to explain it in detail for all my builds. :)

Really?? I'd be more inclined to agree with Seaofsorrows. In fact, given how easy it is to kill stuff in the game, I'd probably reduce it even further to "Press the space bar" :)

For me the game (outside of PvP, which pretty much no longer exists) has never needed any particular skill or special manoeuvre.

Perhaps it could be reworded it as "Favourite artistic flare, when shooting fish in a barrel"

P.S: I was really bad (and still am) at PvP, so don't take it that I'm bragging :)

always depend on what you wanna do. if you just want to kill enemies, take a carrier with 2 hangars, set them and your weapons to autofire and here we go.
    if you want to reach the highest possible dps, its defnitly a bit different and invole a few more buttons to press at the correct time and position :)
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    For cannon ships my most frequent maneuver seems to be the Blinded Deflection Manuver Alpha, where I lose track of which way my ship is facing in the blinding effects of the game and don't notice my DCs are out of firing arc. It's similar to Lack of Depth Perception Beta where I can't quite tell where my nose is in relation to a nearby ship and my DCs are out of firing arc.

For beam ships, its the ever popular Forget About the Throttle Gamma, where I circle an enemy, firing on all their shield facings instead of slowing down to focus on one side.

Finally there is Insubordination Maneuver Phi, where the game ignores my clicks to execute BOFF ability A or leave full impulse or whatever.
  • Options
    Oh I thought I was the only one with hyper enthusiastic pilots who want to keep on flying forever :)

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Well currently in my Tzentar I like rounding everything up with a grav well, then engaging momentum manipulator and the shield console from the Shuk din and unleashing a protomatter barrage on all the enemies gathered up, and boy does that console really tear groups apart when they're stuck together. It makes me feel like a flying artillery cannon
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Anti matter spread has helped me a lot as well.
    Been using the mushroom drive as well.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Depends on the character/ship.

On ground, it generally revolves around some kind of AoE root/knockdown/snare and then lots of AoE/explosions. In space:

I've got a Voth Rampart I fly around like a vacuum cleaner; scooping up ships with inverted Tractor Repulsors and Fek'ihri console, dumping/dragging them in warp plasma and hirogen mines, while reflecting damage back at them with the voth immunity matrix. Omni beams on front to bolster rear firepower.

I've got a Suliban Silik Beam Overloader with the Coordinated Assault trait that makes all 12 of my fighter pets spam beam overload. It tends to vaporize most targets in 1-2 salvos. You could theoretically get 40 simultaneous BOs if you ran Yukawa Frigates and broadside beam arrays, but I prefer the DBB approach with the smaller Veil pets(2 beams per fighter, 12 per hangar, with individual damage reflection).

I've got a Herald Quas Triage ship that runs anchored and spams out all sorts of AoE and targetted shield and hull heals; it's basically a deployable repair station/fire base. (Fun for battlezones where you can make paper deathships invincible while also keeping anyone smart enough to stay close topped off at all times.)

I've got a Mat'ha with a subspace jumper console and intel spec for flanking bonuses. The console teleports you 3km behind your target; follow it up with the spinal disruptor cannons of the ship and CRF/CSV to make everything infront of you deader gooder. (The jumper console is quite amusing for the Bortasqu/Flagship and Disruptor Autocannon shenanigans as well - I used to run that in the pre-Legacy of Romulus days. Plan to try it with the Durgath and its gravitic lance if I ever get ahold of one.)
  • Options
    noemiecarnesirnoemiecarnesir Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Forward attackers : no matter the energy type or weapon type, if all weapons are foreward, I maintain a long range to my target, and use all offensive/buff skills. I am sometimes totally immobile for focus on skills. If I am surrounded I move back, if I take too much damage I trigger evasive maneuver and replace my ship in a better angle, after heal.
    -particularity of photon torpedo boat, in that case I need to exploit a ship weakness with the tachyon beam and pace my torpedo launch for maximize damage with the long engagement set. I try to not overkill but torpedo are very slow.
    -I have some other variant more and less long range ( depending of the weapon angle) or more or less mobile but it's roughly the same.

Full beam attackers, I maintain a maximal distances with my foes, my ship is always at the maximal throttle. My first action is to use my rare not 360° skills, like aceton beam or breen drain orb. I turn around my enemies. If I am surrounded I trigger tractor repulsor. If I take too much damages I just continue to move foreward and trigger evasive maneuver or roll.

Exotic build, Buff my exotic damage, use gravity well and then I spam temporal and console exotic damages skills.
    I am never surrounded because the gravity well. But even if it's extremely rare and I took too much damages I just let my ship reach 50% life and a passive buff replace me far behind in a safe stance.

Crowd Control boat with 360° turret:
    With my romulan warbird, I cloak active full impulsion, move to my enemies, at 5km I decloak and launch a singularity orb. Just after I trigger plasma ejection. I stay foreward the singularity orb while all my enemies are atracted in my trail. Then I active scattering volley with my turrets and profite to my proximity of enemies to passively drain them and slow them with skills.

Feedback tank/heal:
    I taunt my enemies with passive taunt and strategist skill. Then I fire at will my beam/ torpefo spray. After I trigger my exotic buff, feedback skills and my feedback heal console.
    At this moments all enemies focus on me and die with them own damage output, at the same time I heal me and my allies.

Melee freighter:
    I love tyranids race so I tried to make a character and a gameplay based on that.
    I have a mines freighter and after summoned my ship I rush my enemies and stick to them ( less than 1km). I use my skills for slow, damage and drain there shield.
    In a long engagement like the starbase TFO, my ship take a great advantage because the area is full of mines.

Flying oven:
    Exotic damage based and all weapons behind. I rush to my enemies grap them with fire chain or the ateroid reputation skill. Then I active skills like soliton wave, plasma eject or evasive maneuver (enchanted with a space mastery for make damage), this maneuver is already described by upper posters.

It's all my currents tactics I experimented almost all possible, I think. Maybe I can make a pure freighter, tanker, healer or cloaker/flanker. But not much!
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    faw spacebar + bo , and thx to the team.
This discussion has been closed.