test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Two seconds of Star Trek Canon makes hours of STO Canon

trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
Its time two seconds of STO canon makes a whole episode of Star Trek :) I mean its only fair I know CBS can do this because its only going to take a few things to make it happen. Oh Bonnie Kin!, Kurland here!, and This does not bode well. Oh and lets not forget they can do UNIVERSE NOT RESPONDING!!!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Does this post come with a decoder ring?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Does this post come with a decoder ring?

I was wondering the same thing.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    This is why you don't post when you're waiting for the zone to refresh in Dyson.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    I think what the OP is asking for is that certain lines from STO be used in Star Trek TV shows which are usually a hour long in length. The problem is the title of the thread seems to suggest the opposite of what the OP is talking about or I am misunderstanding what they are saying. It is confusing, please elaborate OP and make it clearer. Also, it never takes a few things for this to happen, it is always more complex than we suppose.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    And then I accidentally a coke bottle, all over the place!
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over. I mean seriously sure it's my birthday I don't mind the laugh but seriously what's going on here?
  • Options
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over. I mean seriously sure it's my birthday I don't mind the laugh but seriously what's going on here?

Happy Birthday! Did you bring the spoons like you promised?

My hat is made from croutons!

Marmalade!
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I mean seriously sure it's my birthday

you too?

also, i think what he's trying to say is he's hoping the utterance of one of STO's more famous lines (like 'KURLAND HERE!') in one of CBS' upcoming shows will render STO canon - but that's...not how it works

even if they do that, it only renders that ONE specific thing canon, not the entire game​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    To be honest I think the person drunk one too many beers and is drunk typing
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    [Universal Translator Online:]

I believe what the OP is trying to say is, there have been one-time instances/appearances/mentions and small, trivial things that have appeared in Star Trek episodes/movies that the devs have seized upon, elaborated on and developed into larger things for Star Trek Online content. It's what they do. Examples include mentions of the Tzenkethi and H'urq being developed into fully fleshed out adversaries with numerous stories and mission content made around them for the game. The OP would like to see a reversal of roles and have similar things created in Star Trek Online be used for new Star Trek episodes.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Except there is the issue of time. STO is in 2409/2410. Might be in 2411 now, but I don't think we have any confirmation in game.

Any characters from STO would be younger if they were to appear in the Picard series. Captain Shon and Captain Kurland wouldn't be a Captain for example.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options

I believe what the OP is trying to say is, there have been one-time instances/appearances/mentions and small, trivial things that have appeared in Star Trek episodes/movies that the devs have seized upon, elaborated on and developed into larger things for Star Trek Online content. It's what they do. Examples include mentions of the Tzenkethi and H'urq being developed into fully fleshed out adversaries with numerous stories and mission content made around them for the game. The OP would like to see a reversal of roles and have similar things created in Star Trek Online be used for new Star Trek episodes.

My compliments on your mad translating skills.

If I had a thousand guesses, I still probably wouldn't have gotten it. :lol:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

My compliments on your mad translating skills.

If I had a thousand guesses, I still probably wouldn't have gotten it. :lol:
    Baah wiep grahhna ninibom! :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Series' the of one to over ported ever is STO of snippets or 'tech' the of any if see to interesting be Would. Regard that in well done has STO. Information of snippet little a just from 'lore' new of ream whole a get can you true it's yes Hmm.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Well, it is assumed that it is the STO map of the galaxy that can be seen in the background during one of the Picard trailers. So, there's that. :smile:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Well, it is assumed that it is the STO map of the galaxy that can be seen in the background during one of the Picard trailers. So, there's that. :smile:

Gotta admit, that part is pretty cool.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Klaatu Barada Nikto!, well thanks for the translation, and yeah, lets hope we see more info/lore reflected in both mediums
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    Have to admit, it would be pretty cool if Picard ran across, say, a small flotilla of refugee Romulan ships led by D'Tan, talking about starting some sort of breakaway Republic or something...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    If you lack a sense of humor 15 out of 10 andorians agree that being serious can lead to replicator malfunctions.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User

you too?
    Yeah I'm born on the 30th of October (though I can't say if we got the same birthday as I don't know what timezone you live in)

• Options
    edited October 2019
    jonsills wrote: »
    Have to admit, it would be pretty cool if Picard ran across, say, a small flotilla of refugee Romulan ships led by D'Tan, talking about starting some sort of breakaway Republic or something...

you too?
    Yeah I'm born on the 30th of October (though I can't say if we got the same birthday as I don't know what timezone you live in)

I have a cousin who was born on Halloween. His first name is Michael... his surname is Myers.

The family had a serious 'wtf' moment when my aunt named him (apparently she had never heard of the related film(s)).
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    A TV episode based on STO could be fun.

It doesn't need to be restricted to two seconds of STO. Though if you made an episode about, say, New Romulus you'd only have to show two seconds of game content and you could still write an episode around it - I think that's what the OP was trying to say.

And if that's not what he was trying to say, it's still a great idea ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.