test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts and Prayers for Aron Eisenberg's family as Aron passes away

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
edited September 2019 in Ten Forward
Please send your thoughts, prayers, love to Aron Eisenberg who is in a critical condition in hospital. Sadly however Aron has passed away today
Post edited by eazzie on

Comments

• neoblisseyxneoblisseyx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Sad to say this, but apparently Aron has passed away if this tweet from the official "What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" Twitter account is to be believed:

"We’re heartbroken to share news of the loss of one of our family. Aron Eisenberg was an enormous positive presence in any situation. Forever kind, caring & deeply thoughtful, Aron was every bit as passionate as he appeared on screen. Our love & gratitude is with him & his family."

https://mobile.twitter.com/DS9Doc/status/1175622073453957120?s=19
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Yes sadly Aron has passed away :(
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    https://heavy.com/news/2019/09/aron-eisenberg-dead/
    He played Nog on Ds9 and has had voiced Nog within Stos Iconian war and voiced him in Stos revamped romulan mine field. Nog First ferengi in starfleet. :( Aron Eidenberg will be missed.
    His cause of death isn't determined yet. But he passed away rather Young. I hope Cryptic can get his name onto the memorial as soon as possible. Made this thread so people can pay their respects to both the Ferengi and the actor.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JqFG_7wRKM
    One of the best Nog moments.
    Rest in peace Aron
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
      "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
    • varzecvarzec Member Posts: 129 Media Corps
      In addition to being added to the plaques i feel thst he has earned a special memorial on DS9. I suggest a holographic nog and jake sisko sitting on there second level perch.
      original.jpg?1521423860
    • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
      varzec wrote: »
      In addition to being added to the plaques i feel thst he has earned a special memorial on DS9. I suggest a holographic nog and jake sisko sitting on there second level perch.

I 100% agree with that he deserves a Memorial on DS9
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      Very sad to hear.

I don't usually get on the whole Memorial Bandwagon.. but this time I certainly think it's merited.
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
      He was an important part of DS9, and also appeared in STO.

I wouldn't say he's at the level of deserving a memorial like Spock, but I wouldn't object to it either.
      There should be a memorial to him First Ferengi in StarFleet
    • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
      So very sad to hear of his passing.
      And agreed, he should be remembered in game.​​
      kv1Ohsx.png
      Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
      - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
      - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
      - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
      Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
    • shadowkosh wrote: »

I 100% agree with that he deserves a Memorial on DS9

+1

A sad day, 50 is way too young to die. May he rest in peace.
      Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
      [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
      Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
      R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
      [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
      She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
      Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
      > @shadowkosh said:
      > (Quote)
      >
      > I 100% agree with that he deserves a Memorial on DS9

Totally agree.

RIP Aron.
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      reyan01 wrote: »

Great idea, but they wouldn't be able to put Jake there as they don't have permission to use his likeness.

Have Captain Nog on his perch at DS9 or in Quark's
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
        edited September 2019
        They could get permision to use Jakes Likeness. I'd imagine from the actor or Cbs for this type of thing to honor Nog and his role within startrek. I think Jakes actor might go for it maybe. As well as Cbs also. I don't think that would be a problem. As much as I'm not to fond of to many npcs in quarks and they for sure need to fix the pathways of some of them that tend to stand on top of Morn. Maybe having those two around would be kind an acception and a homage to their time at ds9. So I do think its a great idea.
      • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
        This sucks... Will be a bit more weird to see Nog in game now. Heck, don't we have Holographic BOFF versions of Nog even?
        Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
      • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
        This is sad news. He was still way too young. :(
        Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
      • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
        this is so sad my Heart goes out to his family
        gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
        Yeah I hope his family is able to get through it, Its a sad time.
      • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
        Very sad to learn this. All the best to his wife, family, and friends.
        My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
      • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
        Wow... that turned my recent playthrough of 'Butterfly' bittersweet. If only 'buying us some time' would be ever so easy.
      • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
        I do have to say. WE ARE the best fan base in the world. Reading the tributes to Aron from across the world. On here, Twitter, FaceBook. They are all truly remarkable. I'm sure Aron's family and DS9 cast members will and are truly humbled that we have come together as one to pay tribute to a marvellous actor and by making his character an Icon never to be forgot.
      • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
        Not sure what to say about this, other than he seemed to be such a sweetheart, and put so much passion into the role of Nog. Both on DS9, and here in STO.

I'd love to see some love sent his way in-game. Maybe the Chimera returning to ESD, without her captain, for a proper sendoff? I don't really know tbh. It's just sad to see him gone.
      • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
        50 too young. Never know how much time we get.
        See you in the stars Captain Nog.
        *salute*
        This sucks... Will be a bit more weird to see Nog in game now. Heck, don't we have Holographic BOFF versions of Nog even?

Yep we have a holo Nog
      • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
        Another one gone far too young, yes. :(

Bring the Chimera back without her captain, and update the memorial. :(​​
      • pmsattlerpmsattler Member Posts: 31 Arc User
        Are we going to get a Nog Memorial on DS9 or at Feringinar?
        Fleet Admiral of The Lost boys

"Dreams are born in the deepest of minds, and destroyed in the shallowest of ones."