test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game not recognizing correct edition of windows

This discussion was created from comments split from: Windows 10.

Comments

• Options
    nicnock007#3336 nicnock007 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I could run the game is 86 or 64 bit now I'm using the new windows 10 32-bit it won't allow me to engage the game, but suggests using windows vista service pack 2
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,489 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I could run the game is 86 or 64 bit now I'm using the new windows 10 32-bit it won't allow me to engage the game, but suggests using windows vista service pack 2

Star Trek Online does not support 32-bit Windows anymore. You need to have 64-bit Windows. Either get a refund for your purchase, sell your PC, build a new Windows 10 64-bit computer, or buy a new Windows 10 64-bit computer. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    minyaksayurminyaksayur Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

Star Trek Online does not support 32-bit Windows anymore. You need to have 64-bit Windows. Either get a refund for your purchase, sell your PC, build a new Windows 10 64-bit computer, or buy a new Windows 10 64-bit computer. Thanks. :)

I have the same problem also and I use win 10 64 bit, the problem start with the newer build update 1903. to play startrek online I have to use older windows build 1803, I rolled it back and pause the update for one months, but since it's older build it will no longer be supported by Microsoft. Knowing Microsoft, they always force update their product, compatibility doesn't work I have tried those too. the only way to make it work is to roll back windows update it seem they updated the dxgi.dll and refuse to launch startrek online. I have paused my update for 1 month, but why would I continue using old build when new build support ray tracing for other games?
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,720 Community Moderator
    @nicnock007#3336 I have split your your discussion off from the old thread since it appears to be a different issues from what that original thread was dealing with.

Awhile back it was announced that the support for the 32 bit client would end. the x86 is synonymous with 32 bit instruction thus why some folks get confused. If you're running on 32 bit Windows then you will need a 64 bit installation of windows moving forward.

"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator