test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What are the blue crystals in Arena of Sompek?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
A lot of players are using the blue crystals. What are they and what do they do?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    I guess I missed it. What are they called?
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ioneonioneon Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Universal_Kit_Module_-_Crystal_Prism

Basically you can place up to 5 at a time and they act like turrets. As long as you keep dropping a new one on cooldown the oldest one will despawn and you can keep them up indefinitely.

They were from the TFO event for Pahvo Dissension.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I find the sound they make to be very headache inducing.
  • Options
    Thanks. Perhaps they will hit the phoenix pack sometime. I really want the beacon of Kahless!
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    the pervo crystals - they are mighty in swarms​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    worship the crystals at the church of your choice
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It will probably be a bit of time to hit the Phoenix.

You know, if they put these kind of items in the new Episodes they release instead of the underwhelming stuff they have been putting in them (Discovery Episodes) you wouldn't need to worry about when they'd hit a Phoenix.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

You know, if they put these kind of items in the new Episodes they release instead of the underwhelming stuff they have been putting in them (Discovery Episodes) you wouldn't need to worry about when they'd hit a Phoenix.

From what I understand, they are going to stop putting rewards in the new missions altogether. So there will be no reason to even play them except for the story for those who care.
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »

From what I understand, they are going to stop putting rewards in the new missions altogether. So there will be no reason to even play them except for the story for those who care.

I care. :smile:
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    as far as i know, they only said they were going to stop putting in rewards piecemeal like they were doing for featured episodes since that bit has been taken over by featured TFOs - not stop putting in unique rewards entirely​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    as far as i know, they only said they were going to stop putting in rewards piecemeal like they were doing for featured episodes since that bit has been taken over by featured TFOs - not stop putting in unique rewards entirely​​

That is correct, the previous poster was mistaken.
  • Options
    imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    i just want to say the crystals are very OP in cqb and i absolutely love them :D
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    But most of the Disco arc missions have no unique rewards, so regardless of what they say they have observably stopped putting in unique rewards almost entirely.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    the pervo crystals - they are mighty in swarms​​

pervo crystals? I mean the placement of the healing Crystal in the Pahvo ground TFO is rather questionble but as far as I know the kit module ones are behaving just fine.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    But most of the Disco arc missions have no unique rewards, so regardless of what they say they have observably stopped putting in unique rewards almost entirely.
    Well all discovery missions so far have been part of the AoD intro (similar to the klingon war arc for FED and KDF) that's been also given to the other factions to play with.

We've yet to see an end game mission released since the Age of Discovery has released to I'll hold my judgement for now.
This discussion has been closed.