test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there any reason to purchase both Burnham's CQC armor AND Burnham's environmental suit?

2»

Comments

• Options
    stoyozstoyoz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    It's part of the costume, @stoyoz

Thanks.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Well, up on Tribble right now they are changing the resistance values on the EV Suit. They will not be the same anymore.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well, up on Tribble right now they are changing the resistance values on the EV Suit. They will not be the same anymore.
    Oh, thanks for info. How cryptical. Here it is:
    moonroach wrote: »
    Tribble has been updated to ST.97.20190812a.3

Systems:
    • The base armor stats for "Burnham's CQC Environmental Suit" have been adjusted to correctly reflect its status as an Environmental Suit, instead of sharing these stats with its Armor counterpart.
    How convenient for them to make such an adjustment so soon after an upgrade weekend and the bulk of players being through with that rep for weeks instead of simply informing players in advance.

At least with expectations towards some of Cryptic's devs being as low as this game’s difficulty I don’t think we look at that much of a biggie here. The rest can simply pay twice.

Still, I'm sorry OP. Looks like I gave you some bad advice... TWO months ago! :/
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    Yeah, I upgraded them both during the Upgrade Weekend. This is what I posted in the Tribble Patch Thread:

'In other words, after there was a lengthy Thread on Burnhams Armor vs. EV Suit and everyone was saying that they were meant to be the same, now you come out three and a half months after release and say 'it ain't so'.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    So just a question on this rep. If I only get the EV suit does it have it's own visual when in use like other ones do or do you still need the 3-pc for that visual aspect?
    And second to that, can the EV visual be customised?
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    When you click the EV button, yes, its visuals turn on just like all other EV suits. And just like all other EV suits, it is not customizable. Its costume unlock is customizable, though.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    When you click the EV button, yes, its visuals turn on just like all other EV suits. And just like all other EV suits, it is not customizable. Its costume unlock is customizable, though.

Thanks for the confirmation kind sir!
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Now I need to get more 5 Elite Marks to get the 4th item... totally stupid that personal gear uses 5 elite marks same as ship shields, deflector, engines & core.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, I upgraded them both during the Upgrade Weekend. This is what I posted in the Tribble Patch Thread:

'In other words, after there was a lengthy Thread on Burnhams Armor vs. EV Suit and everyone was saying that they were meant to be the same, now you come out three and a half months after release and say 'it ain't so'.'

Yep, typical Cryptic.. leave it alone for months.. make us all think they're fine. Wait until we upgrade them all to gold..

And then nerf them.

Absolutely pathetic and absolutely typical. I am so sick of this TRIBBLE.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User

Yep, typical Cryptic.. leave it alone for months.. make us all think they're fine. Wait until we upgrade them all to gold..

And then nerf them.

Absolutely pathetic and absolutely typical. I am so sick of this TRIBBLE.

They only changed it because it was talked about (and pointed out) in the Forums and Reddit. IF you want them to not change things, you have to basically keep quiet because they often do stuff like this (give to different items the same stats because they LOVE to just cut and paste.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Given the very wild, wide balance pass swings that have repeatedly happened in this game (Plasmonic Leech, BFAW, Plasma Exploders, Iconian Space Set, OSS, etc), is this any surprise? It's why I don't really care about upgrading anymore.

I have a bunch of toons with old gear that got made pointless, far less effective than they originally were, some of these I spent Ultimate Upgrades to get to Legendary.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    > @tigeraries said:
    > Now I need to get more 5 Elite Marks to get the 4th item... totally stupid that personal gear uses 5 elite marks same as ship shields, deflector, engines & core.

Don't say that because when I said it, certain poster said whatever Cryptic says it is, is what it should be, logic and examples notwithstanding. You'd be in for a long circular debate. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Another rendition.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.