test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you guys planning to get the new Disco Constitution or D7?

peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
Hey folks, Peter here!

The ships are announced, the stats are released and the means to get them well know… Oh and great, I’m undecided again.

So I’d like to know: Are you guys planning to get the new Miracle Worker Flight Deck Cruiser? And why?

Feel free to discuss the stats, the price, the sexehness and try to convince me to get them or not to get them! Easy as that.

I thank everybody for his/her participation in this poll in advance.

-Pete

animated.gif
Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
felisean wrote: »
teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Are you guys planning to get the new Disco Constitution or D7? 159 votes

Yes, I plan to get one because…
27%
redwatchmangaraks31baddmoonrizinxxxhellspawnyxxxgaevsmankurumimorishitajarvisandalfredmustrumridcully0reyan01ltminnsazrael605peterconnorfirstbaronvonboommainaeosguildmailvaloreahneoakiraiijim625khan5000voodoopokey 43 votes
No, I won’t bother with them because…
72%
tls1970coldnapalmsteinbergssbn655grabacr75sophlogimoalexraptorrdaboholicguljarolprotoneouseazzieangarus1crypticarmsmanmeimeitooquesteriuslordsteve1zarato4218swamariandirlettiasheldonlcooper 116 votes

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I want them, for the weapons and pets but the models are also nice. But I do not go through the hassle of buying or grinding for a character only ship that doesn't even unlock pets and weapons/console for the account.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I am NOT gonna spend forever trying to grind 1.5 billion, nor do I want to make the comic book guys richer than they already are.

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    i dont have the time to grind 1,5 billion ec because i have a rl with kids and a job and dont have the will to pay about 375 € for that ship i'd like to get it but not like this....the shitstorm on twitter that they get under their announcment of the disco connie is absolutely right this one is too much @Cryptic\PW
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Unique phasers and pets, a wave of fighters coming down on the enemy.. sounds like a lot of fun. I still have a Mirror Crossfield lying around. So I'm gonna trade it for a Discoprise. But frankly, these top tier promo ships should be account unlocks. How many players are ever going to open more than one on the same account? Are there any at all?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    No, I won't be getting either ship.

The Connie just doesn't excite me.. I have never been a fan of the Constitution Class in the first place so it's 'iconic appeal' is totally lost on me. As much as I love TOS, the ship design was horrid outside of the Excelsior Class.

The D7 is cool enough, but not 1.5B cool.

I am also not interested in a ship that can't mount cannons.. if they wanted ships like this to be desirable, they shouldn't have nerfed beams so heavily.

The price tag is also a turn off. There are a few other ships I like more and I can pretty much buy all of them for the price of one DISCO Connie.

All in all.. hard pass.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Overall both ships look really good both visually and stats wise but they just don't quite fit the play style I want. Maybe at some point I'll change my mind but for now I think I'm good.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    Put them in the C-Store and I more than likely would of bought them. Gamble for them? No, no way.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    They're ugly Discovery ships and we all know the only real ship you need is a Galaxy Class.. Or maybe a Nebula Class!
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    The D7 is cool enough, but not 1.5B cool.

I am also not interested in a ship that can't mount cannons.. if they wanted ships like this to be desirable, they shouldn't have nerfed beams so heavily.

Yo, that is the very core of my trouble to make a decision here.

The price is just too high for limitations of that kind. One might as well just wait and see what peeps will make of the new beams and pets before making a mistake.
    animated.gif
    edited June 2019
    szim wrote: »
    How many players are ever going to open more than one on the same account? Are there any at all?

I know two or three who have the Jugger on more than one character. But that is it. Nobody knows how much an acc unlock for those ships would boost sales as more peeps would find a use for their toon gang then. I could imagine to get promo-ships myslef more often (or even collect them all) if I could utelize the traits they ship with in an account wide fashion better.
    animated.gif
    edited June 2019
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Definitely getting the DSC Constitution. I LOVE that ship.

And those phaser beam arrays really sweeten the deal for me, although the one negative point on this is that I really want to make a canon build - sadly, with these phasers, doing that (i.e adding a torpedo launcher) would nerf overall performance.

Oh the ship has a versatile boff seating and has access to mixed armaments synergies which encourages using a torpedo together with the beams. I’d probably squeeze in the prolonged engagement set. We also have a phaser energy torpedo even though I don’t know how well that performs.

In short a potent FAW build involving a torpedo can be set up. Not CSV juggernaut potent but DPS centric enough to blast stuff to pieces in elite. I'm glad to help in the Academy section when you have the ship. :)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Agreed, it will have plenty of punch using Beams, it just won't match a ship with Cannons.

I would agree with Pete, I would run a torp on it in order to take advantage of Mixed Armaments. One problem with the ship though is that if you want to use standard DPS 'tricks' like the Trilithium 2pc or mixing in the Terran Task Force Beam that will break up the aesthetic of those cool blue phasers.

The ship would look much cooler with 1 torp and the rest being the cool phasers. It would be nice if you could use those visuals on any weapon on the ship so that you could use the Terran Beam/Trilithium Omni, but sadly.. you can't. :disappointed:
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    They're ugly Discovery ships and we all know the only real ship you need is a Galaxy Class.. Or maybe a Nebula Class!

I am more of a TOS gal myself, but yes, though. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    Agreed, it will have plenty of punch using Beams, it just won't match a ship with Cannons.

I would agree with Pete, I would run a torp on it in order to take advantage of Mixed Armaments. One problem with the ship though is that if you want to use standard DPS 'tricks' like the Trilithium 2pc or mixing in the Terran Task Force Beam that will break up the aesthetic of those cool blue phasers.

The ship would look much cooler with 1 torp and the rest being the cool phasers. It would be nice if you could use those visuals on any weapon on the ship so that you could use the Terran Beam/Trilithium Omni, but sadly.. you can't. :disappointed:

Oh yea Terran and Trili would be hard to left out of it. In adition to MAS there is also

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Super_Charged_Weapons

which is pretty good.

Canon builds work for sure. I would just not let a color of a beam hinder the performance. :)
    animated.gif
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    A ship is a ship is an admiralty card.

And a trait. Always get new ships when running out of traits to grind.
  • fiznozfiznoz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I REFUSE to pay for crappy loot boxes when you dont know whats inside. The sooner there gone and dusted the better. Place ships in the C-Store so everyone can buy them or not.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'm not sure a canon build is possible without nerfing this ship's performance.

I very highly doubt it.

The argument is somewhat moot since Cannons are not an option on this ship, but Beams are so far behind cannons that the bonus per beam would have to be monumental to even begin to get into the realm of a ship running cannons.

Of course, I can't say that for sure as the stats and bonuses on these 'special' beams are not yet known but I would be shocked if they were significant enough to approach the numbers people get with cannons.

I do agree though that if it was me I would also want to keep the aesthetic of the all blue weapons. :wink:
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Nope. Not going to hammer out the resources. The fleet holdings are far more important to me. Unless I score really lucky on ships such as the Rezreth or Sarr Theln for a couple of my characters, any ship I go for, excluding fleet ships, will be account unlocks. Maybe the ship with the Beam Overload doubletap trait, but that's it. And Cryptic's behavior as of late has shown me that it is a wise decision on my end, to keep my wallet closed.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User

No I wont, its worse than trying to get lockbox ships and realistically you cant get it unless you can and want to whale

The ship I want more there is the D7 but it joins the temporal D7 in the promo pack so its out of bounds for most people. What I will do is I will just buy with fleet marks the T5U closest version and fly it for fun while forgetting the R&D promo ships ever existing and making a personal boycott from buying from cryptic for the next couple months
  • mjolldirmjolldir Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I dont like discovery, i rly rly dont........but that said the disco connie and D7 are ship's I was rly looking forward too, iconic ships, and from the stats they look like very good ships, I have no doubt it will be in the top as performance go, hangars look nice, weapons might also be nice (need to see what the exact numbers as proc is TRIBBLE right now), but........
    The price of this promo ships is borderline stupid, if you spend zen you can actually buy the gamma vanguard pack for cheaper than it takes some people to get this ships. I am a LTS player and I have played for quite some time, resources arent a problem, I can afford such ship, already have a Durgath and from personal experience I can say its not worth it, you can buy many different ships for the price of this one, if the ships were acc unlock I could get it, but this much for a single toon unlock.......yeah thx but no thx
    IMG_260543.jpg
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    I like the industrial feel to her
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
      Each of my characters is already set up with a unique space and ground set-up. They have unique "space barbie" appearances. I don't really have a spot for this ship, especially for it's price.

I'm saving up for the Discovery Operations Pack, which is also overpriced. Feels like a running theme.
    • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
      Will probably be a long time till I ever see it since my comp is giving me problems, but I want the D7 for sure.
    • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
      No real interest in disco "trek" on the one hand.

And on the other, the R&D "promo" boxes are the worst proposition for gambling in sto made worse every time someone cracks open an endeavour reward and gets showered in R&D mats or ec. They could at least try to do something productive and meaningful with the R&D system.

It's like removing ec sinks from the game and then asking for solutions to inflation after starting to pump more ec into the game.
      edited June 2019
      You're joking, right?
      DvtGvCw.gif

Hehe no. I was expecting perhaps 10% for yes and 90% for no here but it currently looks like we will be seeing quite a few new promoships in the sky over the next few days. :)
      animated.gif

Hehe no. I was expecting perhaps 10% for yes and 90% for no here but it currently looks like we will be seeing quite a few new promoships in the sky over the next few days. :)

We'll also be seeing rage threads from people that spent hundreds of dollars and didn't get the ship. :lol::lol:
    • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
      I don't really have any use for an engineering ship. I don't fly this type of cruiser except on 2 engineers who are already happy with their ships - the TOS ranger and the aquatic for me kitty who likes fish.
      Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
      I don't really have any use for an engineering ship. I don't fly this type of cruiser except on 2 engineers who are already happy with their ships - the TOS ranger and the aquatic for me kitty who likes fish.

Its actually carriers too since 2 hangars and they got the skill to speed up exp but the price is ridiculous - you may spend hundreds and not get it
    • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
      Beautiful ship, but I dislike Miracle Worker and low chance RNG promo boxes, so I'll pass. If it was C-Store I'd probably still buy it even though I likely wouldn't use it much.
      Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
      eaY7Xxu.png
    This discussion has been closed.