test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Chrome/History/Login

Today I cleared the history in my Chrome internet browser. I only selected browsing history, download history, cached images and files, site settings and Hosted app data. Left all other settings unchecked. Now, when I try to login to the game, it keeps asking me to enter my name and password, I've always just clicked 'engaged' and went into the game to play. I sent in a ticket about an hour ago but I know that pretty much a waste. Might not hear back from them in weeks. So, anyone that can help, I'd be most grateful. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    It's something going on with the launcher. There's a thread about it already.

Unable to authenticate.

I'm getting it too after trying to switch accounts to do endeavors.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    It's likely unrelated to your clearing your Chrome settings as the STO Launcher uses a stand-alone Cromelib for the login page that doesn't use your regular Chrome settings at all.

Much more likely is that there is a network issue, like echatty says,that is preventing you from logging in, and there's more reports of users having issues with the login in the Support forums. Try again later in the day, hopefully it'll be resolved.
  • Options
    maximillion#2667 maximillion Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Feel so, dumb. All I had to do was restart the IP box and PC and it fixed it. {facepalm}
    tom61sto wrote: »
    It's likely unrelated to your clearing your Chrome settings as the STO Launcher uses a stand-alone Cromelib for the login page that doesn't use your regular Chrome settings at all.

Much more likely is that there is a network issue, like echatty says,that is preventing you from logging in, and there's more reports of users having issues with the login in the Support forums. Try again later in the day, hopefully it'll be resolved.