test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Snow Gear Fashion Contest!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
We've seen the love for the new character select screen, so we want to give you a chance to win some prizes for sending us your best winter gear screenshot!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11164973

Comments

• andorianblueandorianblue Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I was all excited about this, I had a few ideas for variations on the new Nanofiber Insulated Jacket from Impossibility of Reason, but then I remembered the new jacket is an off-duty costume piece and boffs can't wear off-duty costumes so all my ideas are immediately ruined.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it on boffs.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    I was all excited about this, I had a few ideas for variations on the new Nanofiber Insulated Jacket from Impossibility of Reason, but then I remembered the new jacket is an off-duty costume piece and boffs can't wear off-duty costumes so all my ideas are immediately ruined.

No it's not... BO can wear it
    GwaoHAD.png
  • andorianblueandorianblue Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    neoakiraii wrote: »

No it's not... BO can wear it

You're right. I found it.
  • toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    LOL

win a prise

a poster of the DEFIANT signed

and they picture us a POSTER OF THE VOYAGER !!!!

really who has to loook all episodes from sisko and voyager again
    as a penality 8))

7463f97d6ae879483122e49d079314801558363253.jpg

g16kr6lrfqd2.png

lfu9e83qk2q1.png
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Question - It said to have your bridge officers be present also for it. Aside from my Jem'Hadar character, none of my other characters' bridge officers are showing on the character select screen. How do I get them to appear?
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
    at least we can correct this little error bevor the prise is running to somebodys home
    and then came the great laughing
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    crioijouls wrote: »
    Question - It said to have your bridge officers be present also for it. Aside from my Jem'Hadar character, none of my other characters' bridge officers are showing on the character select screen. How do I get them to appear?

The characters that appear next to your Captain on the selection screen are those that you have selected as you standard away team under the Stations tab in your Character menu in game.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    this is a cool idea, but for me, the prizes aren't interesting at all.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    Is this another 1% competition? I don't see any T&Cs.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    toraknu wrote: »
    LOL

win a prise

a poster of the DEFIANT signed

and they picture us a POSTER OF THE VOYAGER !!!!

really who has to loook all episodes from sisko and voyager again
    as a penality 8))

7463f97d6ae879483122e49d079314801558363253.jpg

g16kr6lrfqd2.png

lfu9e83qk2q1.png

The photo was likely of a previous prize pack. Also, since it came from the EU Blog, it's possible the EU team is offering different prizes.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I made a nice outfit for my character but not for my boffs. :(
  • conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    sorry can't take any pictures in white out conditions :p
  • captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Oh isn't this lovely. "Feeling cute. Might take a group selfie later. idk yet."
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"
    edited May 2019
    also a signed poster from the voyager is a nice prise
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    My snow bunnies don't wear winter gear. It isn't allowed. And my gear is all in black.
  • iw42iw42 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The exclusive STO badge from STLV last year
    Oh, you mean the patch that has San Francisco misspelled?

• xst4mxxst4mx Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    How can I take a screenshot without UI?
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I'd like to know this as well. I did send in one, but it has the UI on it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    pushing the print screen button saves a screenshot to a "Screenshots" folder inside the STO installation folder.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • xst4mxxst4mx Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    pushing the print screen button saves a screenshot to a "Screenshots" folder inside the STO installation folder.

It works! Thank you!!!
  • csljr1statecsljr1state Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Is there a way to change what the bridge officers are holding in the preview? i.e. some of them are holding PADDs, some are holding rifles, etc., but it's different across my characters (i.e. the second from the left is holding a PADD in one, the second from the left is holding a rifle for a different toon of mine, etc.)
  • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    Is there a way to change what the bridge officers are holding in the preview? i.e. some of them are holding PADDs, some are holding rifles, etc., but it's different across my characters (i.e. the second from the left is holding a PADD in one, the second from the left is holding a rifle for a different toon of mine, etc.)

That's based on the BOff's career. Tactical gets a weapon, Engineer gets a PADD, Science gets a Tricorder. Typically anyway.

Thank you!
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • csljr1statecsljr1state Member Posts: 3 Arc User

That's based on the BOff's career. Tactical gets a weapon, Engineer gets a PADD, Science gets a Tricorder. Typically anyway.

I had thought that might be the case, but I was hoping for an alternative just to make it look cooler. Thanks for answering.
    I had thought that might be the case, but I was hoping for an alternative just to make it look cooler. Thanks for answering.
    You could change team order, that has an effect on where they stand.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    captainkc wrote: »
    Oh isn't this lovely. "Feeling cute. Might take a group selfie later. idk yet."
    Good thing my away team was all-girl for this one #girlsquad
    From what I can tell, the order of selection doesn't matter as to where they stand. Oddly, it's based on who's been around the longest. Your oldest boff will be on the rightmost side, moving down the list until your newest boff on the left.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    I've sent a pic of my Andorian character and her Andorian away team. Dressed appropriately. For Andorians.
    8b6YIel.png?1
    chipg7 wrote: »
    From what I can tell, the order of selection doesn't matter as to where they stand. Oddly, it's based on who's been around the longest. Your oldest boff will be on the rightmost side, moving down the list until your newest boff on the left.
    Ah, right, database entry order is the default sort order for Boffs. I've seen it in several places actually.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Should have waited 'till July to do this. It can get hot then, good way to feel cooler. ;)
    It's already hot around where I live. Up into the 90sF.
    Now a LTS and loving it.