test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Connection to server has timed out

I am having an issue with 2 characters on my account. After current patch i can get in game on all but 2 captains (ones that were logged out in Beta Quad before patch) I keep getting connection to server timed out. I have no issues with other captains.
Post edited by okiess on

Comments

• designmike289designmike289 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm also having this issue. Any update on this?
  • borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    I'm having this problem too. Sometimes I can play for hours and it's ok, but sometimes I can get disconnected a lot of times in just ten minutes. And it's getting annoying. Today I was playing, and in ten minutes I got disconnected almost every half a minute or so, so I almost gave up playing. And I know that it's not my internet provider's fault or my internet conection, becouse I have no problem with internet. The most annoying thing is, when I'm in the middle of the mission, and I get disconnected, and I have to start mission again - if game won't save my respawn point. And even worse thing about this disconnections is, when I do PVE missions, and mission is over - and I just to have choose reward - and at that point I get disconnected. So even if I reconnect, I don't get any reward, becouse the mission is already over.
  • aganord#5374 aganord Member Posts: 1 New User
    the same problem, sorry but i really wanna take my acount back please i dunno why i cant log in
  • jandraelunejandraelune Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Same here, it's random. All server side issues.
  • sst455#2778 sst455 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i have an Error 14 and disconnet in an endless loop atstartup?
    did your issue get fixed?...any thoughts on error 14?

thanks
  • borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    After not playing STO for almost more than a year, I reinstalled game. I didn't know why, but after playing today for a while I found out what was the reason. I can't even play game normally. I get disconnected almost every 10 minutes or so. The game is almost unplayable becouse of this. I don't know why DEV didn't fix this problem. And I know it's not my service provider problem, since I can play other online games just fine without server problems. So when is this gonna be fixed? Or I can just uninstall the game and forget about it?
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    borgus1122 wrote: »
    After not playing STO for almost more than a year, I reinstalled game. I didn't know why, but after playing today for a while I found out what was the reason. I can't even play game normally. I get disconnected almost every 10 minutes or so. The game is almost unplayable becouse of this. I don't know why DEV didn't fix this problem. And I know it's not my service provider problem, since I can play other online games just fine without server problems. So when is this gonna be fixed? Or I can just uninstall the game and forget about it?

It's not Netcode issue as I can play just fine (if it was a netcode issue it would be universal) so it might be an issue that Cryptic can't do nothing about (as it can be an issue between their and your ISP) either way it's not an issue with the code.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    I'm also getting a lot of disconnects - twice in one run of Operation Riposte this morning, which didn't make me popular with the rest of the team. (And also left one Klingon transport in a sort of limbo condition - I'd locked a tractor on it when I was DC'ed, and when I came back, I couldn't tractor the dratted thing and neither could anyone else.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • adam1989#1039 adam1989 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yea i have the same problem and i have to resign in like 10 times to play and i know it is not my internet and it is starting to get me mad and i did not have this problem till i got that update a month or so ago
    There Is Hope For The Future And When The World Is Ready For A New And Better Life All This Will Someday Come To Pass In God's Good Time -Captain Nemo 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

tumblr_p7a8j3blha1wzypxlo1_640.gifv