test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rise of Discovery: The Plausibility of the Possible

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
The first episode of #RiseofDiscovery, "The Plausability of the Possible," returns Captains to Priors World after its liberation in Operation: Riposte.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11150443

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    For a Discovery Character it will block access to all other Episodes until completed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    That'd be cool. I want to wait a year or so before rolling another DSC character, so they can stay in their native timeframe for as long as possible.
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • Options
    startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    The story arc just gets more and more boring.
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • Options
    admiralvondrunkadmiralvondrunk Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    This is a fundamental misunderstanding of the Klingons. It's the same misunderstanding shared by the "writers" of Discovery. The Klingons don't fight just to fight. They don't do anything and later justify the means. To Klingons, honor is above all else. Honor is best found in glorious battle, but there are rules. It's much like the concept of a chivalric code. You debase the Klingon people by so fundamentally misinterpreting their culture. Also, we had a Klingon war on STO. 9 years ago.
  • Options
    admiralvondrunkadmiralvondrunk Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    The story arc just gets more and more boring.
    Spot on.

• Options
    leonisunderheart#7128 leonisunderheart Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Lol Klingon have always love battle literary their MO they live for it stop acting like they are deep meaningful people they live to fight and to show the viewers how much of a threat a alien is by whipping Worf's butt
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Hence why they don't take prisoners usually

NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      zaraszzarasz Member Posts: 186 Arc User
      Im confused about this event story. Are we fighting in the discovery era like the simulation of the battle of the binary stars? Or are we fighting the few klingons that came from the past with the evil tilly and now have an armada to invade our space but dont have any resources or bases?

And what is the next TFO actually about?
      journey to the Priors System in the Beta Quadrant and assist the crew of the U.S.S. Buran in mop-up operations following the liberation of Priors World from the Klingon Empire
      Thats even more confusing. The current klingon empire isnt invading anything. So I point to the above questions. And here is another question:
      In two weeks this TFO comes out and we dont know what to expect except one namedrop of some starfleet ship and more armadas of past/present (??) klingons to fight.

And will the TFO be changed so the max level uber pilots wont get mixed together with those below level 50 that dont have uber epic gear yet to make it more "doable" with low level characters?
    • Options
      edited May 2019
      I think that this an Episode and not a TFO. For a new Discovery Character it will probably be in 2256 or so. I would assume that for all other Characters, including Discovery Characters in 2410, that will be a 'Holodeck Simulation'.

I would also venture to guess that all Discovery Characters will have the Episodes of 'Rise of Discovery' be mandatory to complete and block any other Arcs until complete as that Arc will be up front before any Non-Discovery Arcs. Non-Discovery Characters will have the Arc at the end of all other Arcs.
      Post edited by ltminns on
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      l don't know.
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • Options
      Maybe they should make a better blog post that isnt open to interpretation.
    • Options
      Ah, this Episode Title gives us a hint that the time traveling Sherlock Holmes will be making an appearance.

'...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?' ;)
      Judge Dan Haywood
      l don't know.
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • Options
      marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
      > @ltminns said:
      > Ah, this Episode Title gives us a hint that the time traveling Sherlock Holmes will be making an appearance.
      >
      > '...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?' ;)

The only person who said that in Trek is Mr. Spock
    • Options
      And Tuvok.
    • Options
      zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
      zarasz wrote: »
      And Tuvok.

And Data. And also...
      mentalfloss.com/article/67054/12-times-star-trek-and-sherlock-holmes-overlapped
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.