test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request for a Romulan D7.

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
So... In ToS the Romulans were gifted/traded some Klingon D7 battle-cruisers. So was thinking, why dont you make a variant of your Temporal D7 for the Klingos, switch it to something like Intel D7, or just a fleet ship, and release it to the Romulan faction? Throw it in a lockbox or the Lobi store even. I would shell out a lot of money for one. :) More ships is better ships in my opinion and this is 100% canon in Trek. :)
gVOTFcj.jpg
«1

Comments

  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 3,048 Arc User
    IIRC CBS vetoed a playable Romulan D-7 with their justification being that the D-7 is an iconic klingon design.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    IIRC CBS vetoed a playable Romulan D-7 with their justification being that the D-7 is an iconic klingon design.

    They also said no T6 Connie, yet here we are. :P
    gVOTFcj.jpg
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    i would say to cbs that yes the Klingon d7 is a Klingon ship. but in The Enterprise Incident ep. Spock says in the episode that "intelligence reports Romulans now using Klingon design." so that would make the d7 in cannon law also Romulans. and why i say that is we see the them using d7's.
  • leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 4,225 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    spiritborn wrote: »
    IIRC CBS vetoed a playable Romulan D-7 with their justification being that the D-7 is an iconic klingon design.

    They also said no T6 Connie, yet here we are. :P

    If you want to use KDF ships as a Romulan, join the KDF as a Romulan.....there you go....simples.
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    :*

    CBS said no T6 Connie, CBS said no to a Cstore T6 Connie. CBS said no D7 for Romulans, CBS said they had to drop everything for Discovery, CBS told Cryptic they can no longer do what they please with Romulans or Jem'hadar

    Me thinks you all blame this CBS boogeyman for way to much. o:)
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 920 Arc User
    Lets everyone be aware the fleet ships t5 has a d7 style warship that can be skinned as a d7. The original d7 used by the romulans has no bird of prey painted on its belly. only later did they add that when the cgi improvements were made to tos.
    the standard d7 fleet t5 style starship will work on the romulans providing you have a klingon alligned officer. I know i did this already.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 7,036 Community Moderator
    It would be cool if they allowed the Romulan Bird of Prey decal on the D7 if commissioned by a Romulan toon.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of PWE/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of PWE/Cryptic
    Contact Customer Support --> https://support.arcgames.com
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online? Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,292 Arc User
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,062 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    IIRC CBS vetoed a playable Romulan D-7 with their justification being that the D-7 is an iconic klingon design.

    With all due respect.. can you please share your source on this?

    Every time someone asks for a ship of some sort, someone says that 'CBS this..' and 'CBS that..'

    Never has anyone ever been able to show anything showing that CBS has any interest at controlling ship distribution in STO.

    There is no reason to believe that Cryptic couldn't release this ship if they wanted to. Maybe CBS initially said no to the 'end game constitution' in the earliest days of the game.. maybe.. but otherwise, there is NOTHING to show that CBS has now or ever has had anything to do with ship releases in STO.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,894 Arc User
    Since Romulans can now use all ships from their faction - couldn't they get the Tier 6 D7 that was released with the Connie?
    Or wouldn't that work because opening the box always gets you the faction-appropriate one?

    What about a potential Age of Discover style D7? Since there most likely won't be a Romulan counter-part, it might be Klingon aligned Romulans will be able to get at least that D7.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 53,032 Community Moderator
    There is no reason to believe that Cryptic couldn't release this ship if they wanted to. Maybe CBS initially said no to the 'end game constitution' in the earliest days of the game.. maybe.. but otherwise, there is NOTHING to show that CBS has now or ever has had anything to do with ship releases in STO.

    While I don't know about the Romulan D-7, its well established that CBS has restricted the classic Connie, originally starting with no endgame Connie to eventually allowing it as a Promotional ship via R&D box. In fact it was listed in the old FCT section under Endgame Connie back when we didn't even have the Kelvin Connie.

    I'm sure baddmoon or any other mod could provide more details regarding that particular thing than any player can.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,792 Arc User
    Since Romulans can now use all ships from their faction - couldn't they get the Tier 6 D7 that was released with the Connie?
    Or wouldn't that work because opening the box always gets you the faction-appropriate one?

    What about a potential Age of Discover style D7? Since there most likely won't be a Romulan counter-part, it might be Klingon aligned Romulans will be able to get at least that D7.

    no, romulans get the t6 t'liss from that pack.


    if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,062 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    rattler2 wrote: »
    While I don't know about the Romulan D-7, its well established that CBS has restricted the classic Connie, originally starting with no endgame Connie to eventually allowing it as a Promotional ship via R&D box.

    Yes, we know that CBS originally put a restriction on the appearance of the Constitution Class back in 2010. We also know that at some point they relaxed that stance leading to the current availability of the Temporal Light Cruiser.

    There is however, no proof now.. or ever that they have at any time put any other restrictions on any ship other then the Constitution class. All we have is unfounded word of mouth from people on forums.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    You mean besides the fact that CBS owns all Trek, and as has been stated by the Devs multiple times, Cryptic must send all planned content to them for approval, even if most of the time such approval is automatic?

    No one debated that CBS owns Star Trek. No one debates that story lines are cleared with the writers over at CBS to make sure they align with works currently in development. That's all common sense.

    There is however, nothing that implies in any way that CBS is micromanaging to the point where they control distribution of ship classes deciding what is in lock boxes, c-store or otherwise. If you have some actual proof, feel free to send it to me, otherwise I will follow the 'rules' and not derail this thread any further.

    The Romulan D7 would be a great addition to the game. Ultimately, I don't believe that at this time Cryptic has any focus at all on the Romulan faction.. but it's a great idea down the road when/if they decide to continue to support the Romulan Faction.

    It's definitely a ship that would interest me.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,476 Arc User
    leemwatson wrote: »
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    spiritborn wrote: »
    IIRC CBS vetoed a playable Romulan D-7 with their justification being that the D-7 is an iconic klingon design.

    They also said no T6 Connie, yet here we are. :P

    If you want to use KDF ships as a Romulan, join the KDF as a Romulan.....there you go....simples.

    Except you can't use the T6 D7 as a Romulan....so no it's not simple, if it were then there would be no need for this thread.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    The IP owner CBS has always and will always have total final say over all aspects of their licensed products. If you have some proof that CBS does not exercise this innate control then please share it.
    Who are you talking to?

    First it was stated:
    spiritborn wrote: »
    IIRC CBS vetoed a playable Romulan D-7 with their justification being that the D-7 is an iconic klingon design.
    Then it was asked:
    With all due respect.. can you please share your source on this?

    No one is saying "CBS can't do that" or whatever you are implying. The question is "Who said no D7 for Romulans? Link or stop spreading rumors". Seems pretty straightforward.
    Yes, we know that CBS originally put a restriction on the appearance of the Constitution Class
    Q: (thmichael) Are you going to implement the Ambassador Class at some point? And would it be possible to implement the Old Constitution Class for higher ranks?

    Dstahl: Yes. The Ambassador class is coming in 2013. CBS is still pretty adamant about the Old Connie not being an end game ship, but you never know what can happen as time rolls by.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/1020330-ask-cryptic_-november-2012

    I cannot find another instance of a developer saying, in writing, that there is a CBS mandate on a specific ship. If there is one, it is probably mentioned in a podcast. Which is why "link or stop spreading rumors" applies.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,062 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    The IP owner CBS has always and will always have total final say over all aspects of their licensed products. If you have some proof that CBS does not exercise this innate control then please share it.

    Nice try, but doesn't work that way. I am not the one blaming CBS for not getting what they want, those making the accusations.. the burden of proof is with them. No one has argued that CBS owns the IP and has final veto on anything brought to them.

    My stance is that a few people are passing off opinions as facts and have been for quite a while. Every time someone blames CBS for not getting something, they prove it for me.

    For what it's worth, I hope you get the ship you want.
    redvenge wrote: »
    I cannot find another instance of a developer saying, in writing, that there is a CBS mandate on a specific ship.

    No one can, it's just something that 3 or 4 people readily say on the forum and there is absolutely nothing to back it up.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 3,048 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    IIRC CBS vetoed a playable Romulan D-7 with their justification being that the D-7 is an iconic klingon design.

    With all due respect.. can you please share your source on this?
    It was in a Ten Forward stream and it was specifically about the romulan D-7 with Kael(or one of the devs I can't remember exactly atm), saying essentially "sorry we can't do that CBS vetoed making the romulan version" and gave the justification I gave as given to them by CBS as reason for the veto.

    It should be noted that in those same streams Cryptic devs have said that CBS is quite hands off, forbidding only few things and not really telling Cryptic what to do.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    A Romulan D-7? Sure, I'm in.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,062 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    It was in a Ten Forward stream and it was specifically about the romulan D-7 with Kael(or one of the devs I can't remember exactly atm), saying essentially "sorry we can't do that CBS vetoed making the romulan version" and gave the justification I gave as given to them by CBS as reason for the veto.

    It should be noted that in those same streams Cryptic devs have said that CBS is quite hands off, forbidding only few things and not really telling Cryptic what to do.

    Fair enough, thank you very much for the information.

    I have always found the idea funny that CBS would Veto something like a Romulan D7, but they're totally cool with Federation Captains flying around in an Iconian Dreadnought. :lol:

    That aside, if you say he said it.. I believe it. Not saying I believe it's true, just saying I believe it was said. For whatever reason, it seems sadly apparent that this request will likely never be granted.

    Too bad, because it's a good idea.
    animated.gif
    Discovery is good, it's you that sucks.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,292 Arc User
    Let's ask Lucy and Desi and see what they say about the Romulan D7. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 3,048 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    It was in a Ten Forward stream and it was specifically about the romulan D-7 with Kael(or one of the devs I can't remember exactly atm), saying essentially "sorry we can't do that CBS vetoed making the romulan version" and gave the justification I gave as given to them by CBS as reason for the veto.

    It should be noted that in those same streams Cryptic devs have said that CBS is quite hands off, forbidding only few things and not really telling Cryptic what to do.

    Fair enough, thank you very much for the information.

    I have always found the idea funny that CBS would Veto something like a Romulan D7, but they're totally cool with Federation Captains flying around in an Iconian Dreadnought. :lol:

    That aside, if you say he said it.. I believe it. Not saying I believe it's true, just saying I believe it was said. For whatever reason, it seems sadly apparent that this request will likely never be granted.

    Too bad, because it's a good idea.

    Well I don't work at CBS licensing so I can't say what their train of thought was about it, in fact I don't even really agree with their justification but it is what it is and CBS in the IP rights holder so they got the final word on licensed properties no matter how stupid that word might be.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    CBS obviously has not forbidden romulans flying D7's, since it is possible to fly a D7 as a KDFRom...just not the T6 version because the lockbox multi-faction packs were not unlocked for allies (yet).

    Speaking of, do jem'hadar get the allied ships from those packs? I would assume so, since they have no native version and would otherwise not be able to get them at all. Anyone know for sure?
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    This is one of the things that some of us Romulan players have been requesting for a long time. The decision makers, Cryptic and/or CBS, have been ignoring said requests and then can't figure out why more people don't play as Romulan. It also seems more logical for Klingons to be able to fly a Vulcan ship (T'Pau), which is not canon, than for a Romulan to be able to fly the D7 which was canon. I offer a suggestion, a work-around that can solve the Romluan D7 problem and the problem of Romulans having no Romulan cruisers that look Romulan and have a warp core. When a Romulan player buys/owns a 3 pack of ships, give them all of the skins, and the D7 skin. This would enable all Romulans, including Fed aligned, to fly a cruiser with a warp core that looks like the D7 or modern version of it. It would also enable Romulans to fly legit cruisers with warp cores that actually look like Romulan designs.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,292 Arc User
    However, the D7 you can get from the R&D Promotion Pack is only availible for Klingon Characters.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
Sign In or Register to comment.