What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bonus Progress Token Weekend! Question

2»

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The 400 is only granted for running the Featured Episode for the Anniversary Event. No other Event does a 400 anything.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Hmmm, my math:
    400 the first day
    50 for each of the next 13 days
    100 for each of the remaining 7 days

100 for each day of the bonus weekend (4)
    50 for each day that's not a bonus weekend (?)

If we assume there's only going to be the one per event:
    100*4 = 400 for bonus
    50*10 = 500 for normal runs

That's 900 per TFO.

2,700 total, 300 short of 3,000. 300/50 = 6 extra runs across 3 TFOs, so 2 extra per for guaranteed run at the ship (otherwise you're relying on Cryptic running more than one bonus weekend for a couple TFO's.) TBH I expect that Cryptic will be running two bonus weekends per event (otherwise they're more or less demanding that folks play on a specific weekend each month in order to participate) but that's not yet been confirmed (so, plan for 1 to be on the safe side.)

My bad, I thought the first day was 400 like every other event kickoff day.
    Also, arent each of the 3 events 21 days ?

Yes, 2700 is the result from catching all 4x3 = 12 double-fun days but only doing the minimum 10x3 = 30 more days needed for the 14-day projects. It's ignoring the 7 extra days per event.

If the minimum is all thats expected from us, then there has to be another bonus weekend sometime in the event. The 10 days after the opening bonus weekend can't earn 600 coupons, and since the consoles are also account unlocks there's no need to daily farm this mission on other alts. The 7 extra days per event are strictly mark farming days, right ?

The minimum is all that's expected of us to get the 3 x TFO shinies and loot.

We will apparently need to do our pick of the events 6 extra times (with any captains we want) to win the bonus round and get a $30 ship. Not bad compared to the 15-25 days for an event ship.

Ideally we'll also have the option of doing no extra eventing, and will then be able to get the ship while working on TFO #4 later in the year or in 2020.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    My bad, I thought the first day was 400 like every other event kickoff day.
    Also, arent each of the 3 events 21 days ?

Yup, but in crunching the numbers I set the 14-day TFO project grind as the baseline. From there you can consider how many extra days you need to run (assuming one bonus weekend per TFO) to gain the T6 coupon. That's the +6 (overall) with +2 runs per TFO to distribute the extra grind evenly.

Big takeaway points are that it's definitely doable, though taking full advantage of bonus weekends and putting in extra progress with each TFO are required for easiest completion. If you miss bonus weekends and stop playing the TFO as soon as you've completed their respective projects, folks may be stuck with a big grind or having to buyout (and grind) for the 3rd TFO.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
This discussion has been closed.